Saving the Threads

Eclipse

I've noticed that some of the old history threads are slipping back in the page numbers and if noone has a problem with it, I'm going to convert all of the major RP threads over to text files. So far I made a list of ordering, any corrections or aditions would be helpful.

First Gammulan War Threads:

Eve Of The War

Approaching Apocalypse

?Operation Snowball's Chance?

Apocalypse Begins

Finding Akira

Events Immediately followng the GW1:

The Turning of a Wraith

The Saga Continues

Preemptive Strike

Preemptive Strike Part 2

Preemptive Strike Part 3

Preemptive Strike Final Confrontation

Preemptive Strike Comments

GW2

Prelude to the Dance

Gamma Omega

Cerberus Stirs

The Death Wraith

The Wraith Massacre (never Completed)

Events following GW2:

Into the Fire Act One: Alliances

Into the Fire Act Two: Choices

Into the Fire Act Three: Firestorm

Into the Fire Act Four: Deliverance

Into the Fire Act Five: Operation Golgotha (ongoing)

Other personal back histories:

Defection

Disappearance

Eternal Vigilance Part One

Eternal Vigilance Part Two

First Command

Origins of a Galcom Commander

Joy Ride

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Eclipse ]

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I've noticed that some of the old history threads are slipping back in the page numbers and if noone has a problem with it, I'm going to convert all of the major RP threads over to text files.

Actually, I've already done this, at the ISS Databanks - see www.crosswinds.net/~issfleet for further details. Although assistance in converting any threads I've missed would be greatly appreciated.

So yeah, I thought it was a good idea too...*grin*.

ok, I'll take a look.

And if at all possible PLEASE move the iss site off Crosswinds, 50 popoups is NOT fun to click through.

And your suggestion is...?

I know the pop-ups are annoying. One is from crosswinds, and one is from Hypermart, where the newsposter is hosted, although I think they've recently added a second.

If you know of any free hosting services that don't do pop-ups, I'd love to hear of them...*grin*.

This is a great idea. My newbie cousin (Sebastian) once asked me that same thing, for Joy Ride, and all the older acts of Into The Fire. Which way are you going to format it? It's hard to format it like a story, because it's in a forum and there are remarks that aren't in the rp speak. I think what DeSylva did is one of the better ways to do it. I can't think of many ways of doing it, but you at least should separate the forum posts 1 by 1, to avoid confusion (certain writers use 1st person as opposed to 3rd person), perhaps with a horizontal rule.

Anyhoo, good luck, Eclipse. I don't have word, but I could lend a hand if you need one.

the posts are separated by author, I have fixed some areas so it is easier to see when different characters are speaking. I have also remeoved non RP posts in the threads.

This is a great idea. It makes it easier for newbies like me (I hate calling myself that )to read all those threads. I myself hate having to go through all those threads and posts on a extremely slow 56k connecion (which is comparably to a 28.8k) so this will make reading all the history easy.

Well it sounds like you are far outdoing me, then, Eclipse. It sounds like a great idea and if you need any help in getting the sequence right, then feel free to check out the BC RP timeline, on the ISS site once more. I'd love to host them, or link to them, so if you let me know where they are, Id be much obliged. You'd get full credit, of course!

And I'll try both of those hosts - thanks for the tips. *grin*.

-GD

Shouldn't you also add The Independent Way to the list? It's going on right now, parallelling Into The Fire, and not crossing it.

How would you handle 2 stories at once? I don't think 2 major stories have co-existed, before. Part 2 is still ongoing, and I'm not sure how many parts it will be, but I'm pretty sure that 2 is the last one. Contact Shingen for that.

Independent Way is also pretty big, meaning to say it ain't one of those 1 page, just-for-fun RP's. It definitely deserves to be part of the RP history considering that a Gammulan vs. Terran battle is going to happen in Act 2, I think in Lanix-V. This is a story you shouldn't skip. I'll give a short description ahead.

---

It is a battle fought mostly by UCV Terrans vs. a small group of Gam ships, flying towards the Terran Quadrant, who are fought off by a group of Mercs and Assassins, 1 GalCom Vessel, and a Police Cruiser, on patrol passing through the system, and possibly others. This marks one of the first few battles involving UCV's, since the Gammulan Wars started, and is putting Indies on the map.

I still need to catch up on it, though, so some of my information may be incorrect, like the players.

---

I think Events Following GW2 should say:

Events following GW2:

Into the Fire Act One: Alliances

Into the Fire Act Two: Choices

Into the Fire Act Three: Firestorm

Into the Fire Act Four: Deliverance

Into the Fire Act Five: Operation Golgotha (ongoing)

The Independent Way - Part I

The Independent Way - Part II (ongoing)

Yep, I'm doing this for Indie rights, and so you fleet guys start noticing us, or at least remembering that we're also doing our own stuff as well. That's why TIW was written, in the first place, and I'm helping out the cause. Nothing personal, though.

Good luck Eclipse. Once your done, we can finally archive the stories online, for easier newbie access, instead of linking to the forums themselves, and having the new guys look for it. This would mean more people reading our stories, and more people joining, over time.

More players, more targets, more fun.....

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]