about kalniel's journal (non RP)

kalniel

Just to explain what I'm doing and check if it's OK.

Firstly I'll try and keep that thread (kalniel's journal) RP only. Non RP comments and suggestions can go in this thread.

Secondly the lack of signature information is deliberate - I've not approached or been approached by any fleets yet so until anyone shows an interest I'm undecided. Fleet stuff, when decided, will be worked into the story.

?? 'kalniel' ?? cannot remember at the moment what his rank or even name is, execpt his callsign. Likewise he cannot remember what fleet he is or has previously been in. His memmory _might_ improve upon my deciding a fleet. At the moment he might as well have been working for the insurgents these last few years...

Ok, initially it's a story introducting my character. It may well turn into RP when it catches up to 'current time'. There is also no reason why other people's stories can't be involved as well - either through people 'kalniel' meets or through other journal entries that he himself reads.

Fleets, well I can't guarentee a weekly commitment for starters. Otherwise I like friendly communities. From my dabblings with the demos I guess I'm not the 'elite' that the game is being aimed at - my ship control is appauling at the moment! So I'm interested in a broader objective list, particularly exploring or information gathering. Good RPing opportunities would be cool as well.

Exploring and Information gathering? Sounds like Wraith to me. Good RPing opportunities? Cant do better than Orion. Ship control appauling? Sounds like you belong in Earthcom .

Seriously, look at all the fleets sites and work out where you wanna be when the fighting starts. Both Wraith and ISS are crying out for new recruits, and I expect that Earthcom wouldnt turn you away. I'd strongly recommend Orion to you, but you seem to prefer a more sedate approach to fleeting, which is somthing we at Orion simply do not do. Still, the doors open if you wanna step in ...

Sod all those fleets. Be an Indy! Sounds like your character doesn't know where he belongs so making a few bucks here and there wouldn't go amiss.

Poor ship control? I suggest being a trader or explorer so maybe get in touch with Riga.

quote:

Originally posted by kalniel:

Thanks for the info, but my characters not really in it for the money. Also I'd like a strong community which I can contribute to and help out, which doesn't seem to exist in indies to the same extent.

baaa, baaa!

(or whatever noise a sheep makes)

(j/k)

quote:

Originally posted by kalniel:

Might consider a trader though, at least on the outside...

Heh, that's when you start talking to your friendly neighbourhood Intercorp representative...

Sure, In terms of "fleet" size, the indies have next to nothing. They are just a bunch of guys that happen to exists in the same universe.

On the other hand, there is an effort to change that (at least a bit). Intercorp Unlimited is on its way (At least I hope) and that will bring together at least some of the indies.

Having said that, do not underestimate the indie community. There are quite a few of us, and some of them quite active.

Unfortunately I do not feel that I should try to recruit you and for the time being leave that up to the fleets since, at this moment there is no corporation!

However, you could join in founding one. Great challenge, and yes, we need people that have all kinds of talents.

[courcion mode off]

Guest hindot

quote:

Exploring and Information gathering? Sounds like Wraith to me.

Now hold on a second there Blades. We don't just do intel and wander around as u may think. We r a very capable fighting force as as Orion fleet is and can hold our own. When the Gammulans invade, we'll b the first to send them to their graves.

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: hindot ]

The ISS Fleet consists of three main wings - a defensive wing, an intelligence and espionage wing, and a "tactical support" wing which acts as a C&C for GalCOM ships which are not specifically combat orientated but play support roles - such as minesweepers, medical evac ships, etc.

Our community is suffering at the moment due to our lack of members, but you'd be welcome to turn all of that around, Kalniel.

Oh, did I mention we're designed for low committment players, and we also cater very much to role-players?

-GD

I dont feel the love for Prime Fleet in here

our job is to do everything the other fleets do

we do it all

and you can rp as much as you want

We have 5 Wings Alph, Beta, Delta, Epsilon, and Gamma

Each Wing provides support for a different system

The support is not only supplies, but patrol, attack, defence, etc.

although they say ISS and Wraith are Crying out for new members, we probably need it the most, we have to cover all territories that Galcom has power in

Thats 5 Systems at the moment

As we expand, we'll have to stretch even further to help other fleets as well as attack enemy territories in our systems

• 3 weeks later...