Bad day!

Emmett.hendrick

GCV Andromeda

01:25

Cyron VI

Alarms sounded through out the decks of the Andromeda as James raced back to the bridge. Emerging onto the bridge he found a bustle of activity, bridge crew attending their stations try to work around the engineering crews carrying out repairs on various systems.

"REPORT!" he barked

"Probe reports a squadron of Gammulan fighters emerged from jump anomoly a couple of minutes ago they are heading for the planet SIR"

"Status!"

"We have partial main power, three PTA turrets operational, flight crews are replacing the lost IC from the one we keep in cargo now sir, estimated time to ready 10 minutes, remaining IC's are primed and redy to launch now"

James hurried to his chair and pulled up the Tacops dislay finding and displaying the fighter squad his heart sank, 15 light/medium fighters approaching the planet at crusing speed they greatly out gunned the Andromeda. however judging by their course and speed they were still unsure of their location hopefully that would by them some time. As he watched the fighters started planetfall and started to seperate. It looked like they were entering standard search patterns, as he watch the squadron split into three distinctive groups each heading for seperate points on the planet.

James flicked of his Tacops display,"Keep the IC's on alert but don't lauch yet, tell the marines to be ready for aerial attack and activate weapons and PTA systems I want to be ready if they do find us. And see if that remaining IC can be readied any quicker"

Bridge crew responding to his commands quickly and effeciently weapons systems activated, shields raised and IC's were moved to launch positions, the coms officer was relaying his commands to the Marines encamped outside the andromeda.

James sat back and waited wondering if there signal had got through to anybody or if they were on their own?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GCV Andromeda

02:00

Cyron VI

James sat staring at his Tacops disply observing the Gammulan fighters as they continued to scan the planet for any sign of them, the fighters had split into three distinctive groups but had never strayed far from the other groups, following the three groups on screen he watched as they completed their first search pattern and started on course for their second. Holding his breath for a few seconds he breath a little easier when he realised their new course would actually take them further away from the Andromeda.

Looking around the bridge he could see the tension on his bridge crew.

"Allright, relax a little everybody they're moving away," James could almost hear the sigh of relief on the bridge,"But keep those fighters on alert just in case we need then!"

James rose from his chair and exited the bridge to his office just off the bridge, he walked over to the window and looked out. Outside he could see the wall of the canyon stretching up clearing the top of the great ship, as he watched marine scout teams started to make their way up the rock face, some climbing some using jump packs, to get a better view of the surrounding area.

Walking over to his desk he activated his display and pulled up the damage report, repairs were going well but without the parts for the coolant system and the Hyperdrive they were not going to be going anywhere in a hurry.

James sighed and flicked off the display, returning to the window he looked out and started to wonder...........Were they lost or was help on the way?

surprise surprise!!!

{rp}

GCV-Invader leading a rescue team

Cyron VI jumppoint

Near the Cyron VI jumppoint, 4 MK2s were cloaked.

"Any sign of the GCV-Andromeda?" Elio asked his first officer.

"According to our radar there on the surface of the planet making some repairs." he replied.

"Tell the MK2s to hold there fire. Are we alone out here?" Elio said.

"It seems sir but we heard over comms that Demolition is in the area." he replied.

"Probably cloaked. Let's stay that way and keep quiet til things get better or worse." Elio replied.

"Yes sir." and he went back to work.

Elio sat down on his chair.

I hope i'm not too late.

{/rp}

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Commander Elio Jason ]

[rp]

GCV-Eliminator

Cmdr Demolition

"SIR", "Cmdr Elio and a few other ships are cloaked in the vicinity" said the tacs officer

"Send him an incoded message on a very tight beam, I dont want this intercepted." said Demolition.

"Aye, Sir" said the comms officer.

Demolition recorded his message and sent it to Elio it updated him on curret information and also gave his coordinates. It also told him that Demolition was moving to strike the Gams soon.

"Incomming message from Elio, sir. He acknowledges your message and is moving into formation with us, he has a few MK3s and some MK2s"

"good" said Demolition "NO ship will be able to stand toe to toe with us"

"sir, our probe reports that some gam fighters have entered the reagion and are searching the planet as we speak."

"Damn, looks like we have to move now" said Demoition. "Tell Elio we strike now and get us through that jump point."

[/rp]

hows that to keep the story going, wil post more later

James had spent a pensive time on the bridge of the Andromeda but things were starting to look up slightly engineering had reported that the repairs we're majoritively finished the hull had been patched four IC's were primed and ready to go, the cloning for the pilots of IC 4 was going well and should be finished within the hour. On a major plus his chief engineer Faulker had been released by medbay and had returned to work and had managed to by pass the main coolant system for the engine about 30 minutes ago he had informed James that he would be able to restore partial sublight engines but without the required parts the hyperdrive would still be offline and the engine would be running extremely hot, he asked James not to put to much strain on the great ships engines a promise James would try his best to keep. The PTA systems had been repaired and the main IOD's were at 60% operational efficiency.

However on a low note the Gammulan fighters had completed their scans of the distant land mass and were now head for their position, James had estimated that the had about 30 minutes more before the fighters were on their location. James had no intention of being caught on the ground. He emerged from his office onto the bridge and looked around his bridge crew we still busy organising and co-ordinating the various repair operations and he was pleased to see his tactical officer back at his post, he made a mental note to congratulate Geraldine on her fine medical skills especially under so much pressure. He walked over to his chair and sat down activating the coms to the medbay. Geraldine's voice returned on the com a sound of exhaustion weighed heavy on her voice.

"Commander, what can I do for you?"

"Whats your status?", James enquired asking as much about her as the crew members she was caring for.

"I have released the minor injuries back to operational duties, the serious cases are all stabilised and have been moved here to the medbay, my staff and indeed myself are exhausted sir, but we'll do all that is required of us."

James thumbed the comms off, and took one quick glance at his tactical display of the incoming fighters, pausing for a second he raised himself from his chair!

"Prepare ship for lift off!, Tactic, get the marines back on board. Communications, sound general quarters I want all off duty/non essential staff locked down in their quarters," Pausing for a second he thumbed the coms to engineering, Folkers dull tones answered the signal,"Folker this is the bridge get the engine started we're leaving before any more Gammulans show up looking for us!"

"Aye Sir,"Came the reply,"just be nice to her she's been through alot already today"

"No promises!" James replied with a wiry smile as he closed the com channel.

James sat himself back in his chair as the Andromeda prepared for lift off........

[rp]

GCV-Eliminator

"Sir it looks like the fighters have spotted the GCV Andromeda."

"Damn, lets get moving, we gotta get in there now and take out the trash"

Demolition smiled to himself as he watched his ship move towards the jump gate. "Soon those gammulan SOBs would get what was comming to them. We will take no quarter. Kill all of those bastards."

Demolition's ship moved towards the stargate, the ships that where with him folloed him trough. Once through the gate he waited for his wing to reform on his wing and then they all jumped to the planet.

"Launch fighters" shouted Demolition "Tell the others to follow suit. And find the Andromeda, NOW."

"Yes, Sir" replied the bridge crew and they got to work executing their orders.

"When you find GCV-Andromeda send her a message, let her know we're her to spoil the gams party. Ask what we can do to get them off the ground. And give them whatever supplies they need" said Demolition

Demolition sat down in his chair and watched his fighters streak through the atmosphere and head to intersect the gam fighters. Demolition thinks to himself, this is almost too easy. I wonder what the gams have up their sleeves.

[/rp]

*Note to Elio, how did you get ahold of several MK3s anyways?

Only wing staff and up can command them.

Demolition, i am Staff chief of Beta Wing so i'm perfectly free to command these ships.

{rp}

"Sir the GCV-Andromeda is preparing to launch and it seems the Gammulan fighters have spotted her."

"Damn. Uncloak and take on those fighters. Bring out the interceptors and tell the MK3s and MK2s to do the same." Elio said.

"Aye sir."

Elio watched as his ships uncloaked and moved into their positions. In instants laser fire came from the ships.

"Don't destroy them all but make sure the fighters don't go near the GCV-Andromeda. Demolition deserves his share of fun too." Elio said, grinning in the process.

Just like Demolition would say. "Let's take out the trash."

{/rp}

let's rumble!

Oh things are getting busy :-)

GMV Darkstar

Approaching Cyron VI

Alarm Sirens sounded on the bridge of the Darkstar as she moved towards the planet, the quick movement of Galcoms forces had taken him slightly by surprise, he had no idea about the Battlecruisers about to enter the system until they de-cloaked but once they showed on his systems he had responded quickly as the Darkstar moved to intercept. The fighters on the planet were now greatly out numbered but he knew that would not stop them.

"Time to intercept!" He barked accross the bridge

"30 seconds sir"

"Excellent once we clear jump launch the fighters and drop the cloak," activating his Tacops screen he target one of the Battlecruisers with a couple of missiles and designated them with the fatal system. Leaving his PTA's disarmed till the cloak was disengaged he smiled as the missiles came to life seeking their targets.

GCV Andromeda

Cyron VI

James steadied himself on his chair as the Andromeda rose from the canyon floor, engines roared as the great ship lifted slowly from the surface. As she cleared the brow of the canyon the first wave of Gammulan fighters closed on her position, screaming accross the terrain heading straight for the great ship.

"LAUNCH FIGHTERS!" James yelled above the warning sirens howling on the bridge.

Andromeda's fighter contingent shot forward from the great ship quickly acquiring their targets, within seconds they were engaging the Gammulan fighters. The Andromeda pulling a slow starboard turn and started to climb, James had delibratly set a course that would take the Andromeda above the engaged fighters as she passed the ongoing firefight her PTA turrets spat hot fire at the Gammulan fighters and three fell within a few seconds. As he watched however the remaining fighters cleared a nearby mountain range and streaked towards them. Just as they were closing on them a hail of fire rained down on the fighters cutting their lines and sending them breaking for a better position.

James quickly activated his tacops display to see a squadron of Galcom fighters descending on their position, his heart leapt as he recognised their markings, his communications officer turned to him

"Sir Incoming communication from Commander Elio Jason on board the GCV Invader!"

"Put it through!" James replied,"Commander you have some great timing.!

{rp}

"Sir message from the GCV-Andromeda!" Elio's comms officer said.

"Put it through and keep it on a tight line. Make sure none of the Gammulans intercept it." Elio replied.

"Aye sir."and he did so.

James' face appeared replacing the Tacops display.

"Commander you have some great timing!" James said. Elio could tell he was full of joy and was ready to get out of here.

"Commander Demolition and his Epsilon wing are on there way. There just one jump from here. I'll call you back later and get clear of that Gammulan ship." Elio said.

"I'll be clear in a moment Commander. Thanks for the help."James replied.

"Not a problem." Elio said and the comms were closed.

"Sir! Incoming missiles heading for one of our MK3s!"his tactical commander said.

Elio saw the missiles homing in on the MK3 but it had already activated it's ECM, whcih jammed the missiles sending them off course. The MK3's PTA fire finished the job.

"Stay in close formation! Those fighters are going to intercept us. Expect that Gammulan craft that just cloaked to go at us." Elio said.

"Aye sir."his weapons officer replied.

"Make sure everyone gets out alive! I don't want any casualties!"Elio said.

"Aye sir." both his medical officer and weapons officer responded and got to their stations.

Dedication and the wise use of these ships shall ultimately get us through.

{/rp}

GMV Darkstar

He slammed his fists hard against the console as he watched his missiles streaking away from their intended target and were cut up by its PTA systems. Enraged he turned to the Helm

"All ahead full, bring us right accross their bow I want ALL fire concetrated on the lead ship tell our fighters the same"

The great lumbering mass of the Stormcarrier responded to his commands as it headed towards the head battlecruiser the main guns came to bear and the PTA's were already engaged the firepower from the huge ship light up the surronding space as it arced towards its target and the great ship closed the distance.

Meanwhile her fighters dodging the incoming defensive fire from the Galcom craft were making attack runs of their own streaking along the surface of the vessels picking off targets of opportunity they were making the offensive/defensive systems of the battlecruisers their priority taking shots at PTA systems and IOD systems as they streaked through the Galcom craft.

{rp}

"Brace for impact!" Elio said.

The ship rocked suddenly as the Stormcarrier's wepaons pounder at them.

"Missiles locked sir."his wepaons officer responded.

"Fire a full salvo at them and use the main guns!!"Elio said hastily.

In front of him the Stormcarrier was caught by surprise from the missiles and it's shields pounded by the added force of the main guns, missiles, and PTA system.

"Concentrate on the Stormcarrier! Call the fighters! We won't last long with them in front of us.!" Elio said.

The MK2s responded firing off there weapons on the Stormcarrier damaging it's shields more.

A few heartbeats later the fighters arrived firing on the Gammulan fighters. The GalCom fighters chased the Gammulan fighters into opposite directions getting them away from the MK2s.

The Stomcarrier fired again. The ship rocked and fired back on it full force.

"Take evasive action! Get us under the stormcarrier so it's main guns can't hit us but watch out for the PTA!" Elio said.

In moments the ships were letting there PTAs do the talking, firing at full force and from all sides at the stormcarrier.

The Gammulan craft seem to try to avoid most of the fire as it accelerated and moved upwards to avoid any pummeling done to it's shields.

"Keep firing! Move next to the stormcarrier!" Elio said.

Suddenly the stormcarrier's aft pta stopped firing.

"Sir the aft pta of the stormcarrier has been destroyed!"his weapons officer said with glee.

The Invader was right next to the stormcarrier now.

"Missiles locked." Elio's weapons officer said.

"Same thing for the MK2s." his comms officer responded.

"Fire!"Elio said.

In instants missiles to missiles and laserfire arched towards the Stormcarrier.

{/rp}

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Commander Elio Jason ]

Look at my post i was already in system, had my fighters deployed and everything, how could i be a jump away.

Also, i understand that you have the right to fly a MK3, but unless you flying around with several other wing staff, no one else can.

As i said in my above post only Wing Staff and up have access to MK3s and you cant give lower members MK3s i'm not even sure a wing leader can give them MK3s

[rp]

"Have the fighters take out the rest of the gam fighters. Then have them harass the capital ship. Take us around behind the stormcarrier so we can take out her engines. We'll disable her, then disarm her, then distroy her. Relay my orders to the rest of the wing and to Elio."

the comms officer hesitated before saying "Yes, sir"

"You question why i say disable, disarm, and then destroy her, dont you?"

"Yes sit, with all do respect i say we just blow her up."

"Stormcarrier captains are very tricky, our best bet to get him is if we disable her engines first. Do you understand now?"

"Yes, sir I do"

"Good, now carry out my orders"

Demolition smiled at him and then turned away to monitor what was going on from tacops. If the gams dont have any reinforcements this battle will be over in a few minutes

"Send Emmett.hendrick a message. Ask him what he needs to repair his ship. Tell him i will provide all that i can, and get the rest ASAP."

"Yes, sir.

Sending the message now."

[/rp]

[rp]

Nightstar-Valkerie Military

UCV-Mary J Avino trading station Otura-9

Curently in route to meet Cmdr Firo of the Gammulan military on LV-184:

comms:

"Sir, we are picking up a distress call from a Gammulan Storm Carier relayed from a probe located in the Cyron system."

Cmdr:

"what is the ships status?"

comms:

"The hull is intact, but the Galcom ships are moving in for the kill."

Cmdr:

"ALL CREW TO BATTLE STATIONS THIS IS NOT A DRILL"

"Comms, send word to Cmdr Firo and LORD DAVID, advise them of the situation."

"ARM ALL WEPONS FULL POWER AND SET SHIELDS TO MAXIMUM"

"Prepare FC1-4 and have them standing by to launch."

"CLoak the ship..Target that distress beacon and engage the hyper drive..I only hope we arive in time..."

[rp]

GMV Darkstar

Cyron VI

The giant ship rocked as vollies of missiles impacted on the hull, he grasped his chair trying to withstand the blasts grasping his vessel.

"Damn it! Activate EMD and give me a status report"

"Sir we have taken some damage to the hull, shields are holding but we've lost one of our PTA's and one of the Galcom vessels is attempting to flank us."

"So thats they're game target that vessel all firepower dumb fire missiles if you must if that ship manages to flank us I will have you thrown in the brig. Where's the enemy carrier?"

"She's leaving planetary orbit now sir will be passing our location soon"

"Set a course straight for her I want to see her commander face before we destroy his ship."

The ships great bulk strained as she swung to her new course noseing down heading straight for the planet and the approaching Andromeda......

GCV Andromeda

Planetary Egress Cyron VI system

James stood on the bridge of the Andromeda as the great ship slowly climbed through the Atmosphere.

"Sir incoming communication from Commander Demolition."

"On screen! Commander pleasure to hear from you"

"Commander Smyth we have engaged a gammulan Stormcarrier in orbit whats your situation?"

"We have partial main power, we need repalcement parts for the hyperdrive and the engine coolant system we would appreciate any assistance you could offer!"

"I'll see what we have that we can offer you, I'll contact you soon. Demolition out"

James smiled as the screen cleared but the smile quickly died.

"Sir. The Gammulan carrier appears to be on a collision course with us!"

James jumped into his chair and pulled up his tacops, true enough the Gamulan ship was on a direct course for the Andromeda. Arming 4 missiles and designating the Gamulan as their Fatal target he raised his head.

"Helm course change bring the nose up ten degrees, Tactical prepare the main gun."

He flicked his com system to the engine room,"Faulker can we squeeze any more from the engine?"

"Negative sir the climb is pulling to much from them at the moment and more strain and we'll need a new engine aswell as everything else"

"OK thanks Roy." James thought for a second and then stood up,"Helm another 10 degree rise in the climb please. Logistix when I say cut power to the engines and divert it back to the IOD's I want a few full power shots"

"Aye sir!" came the replies

James sat and studied the Tacops display again the timing on this was crucial one mistake and all could be lost.....

Edit: damn typos

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

[rp]

Nightstar

UCV-MAry J entering the Cyron system

Nav:

"entering the Cyron system sir."

Cmdr:

"report"

tac:

"The GMV-Darkstar has taken some damage, they have set a colision course with the GCV Andromeda."

Cmdr: "Full stop..leave the ship cloaked." Comms any word from Cmdr Firo or Lord David?"

comms:"Negative sir"

Cmdr:"Hmmm strange for a Storm Carier to be out alone. Lord David is no fool. This may be part of his plan. Nav, hold your present position. We are to observe only untill we have contacted Lord David. Somethings not right...."

[rp]

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

sorry Barron with things like this come down between GalCom and Gammulan the GalCom side is the side i go for. BTW Demolition those MK3s were actually MK2s that you must have read wrong. i'll fix thta soon.

it gets interesting.

{rp}

The Stormcarrier's missile went into oppsotie directions as they were fired.

"Sir! The Gammulan ship is heading for the GCV-Andormeda!" his tactical officer said.

"Follow it! Tell the MK2s to stay back. We shall take care of this personally." Elio said.

"Aye sir."

The hyperdrive was engaged and the GCV-Invader was within range of the stormcarrier in moments.

"Fire the cannons!"Elio said.

The main cannons fired, letting out quick and deadly shots towards the Stormcarrier.

"Is our speed at full? We ned to flank that ship to destroy it!" Elio said.

"Engines at full." his flight officer said.

"Why do i have a feeling something is out there sir?" Elio's tactical officer said.

"Get ready for anything but make sure the Andromeda makes it!" Elio said.

"Fighters engage the stormcarrier!" Elio said.

The fighters had already rid of the fighters and moved to engage the stormcarrier.

"Commanders engage the stormcarrier now!" Elio said.

In instants the MK2s and fighters were there firing at the stormcarrier. There hyperdives had recharged in time.

The fighters began there attack run firing at the PTAs. The MK2s' fire continued to pummel the stormcarrier.

{/rp}

{RP}

It appears that the 'pesky ants' are trying to do something in our friend's (the Valkeries) territory. The patrol ship GMV-Darkstar has caught them and let the Gammulan War Council know of its circumstance.

"Comms officier, hail my Defensive Advisor"

"Aye" replied the Comms officier.

"Advil, reports tell of a skirmish at Cyron IV. The GMV-Darkstar is holding the ships off for now but is damaged. It might not hold out for much longer. Relocate a few ships to Cyron IV to make sure the borders do not change in favor of our enemies; but don't send too many ships over there because it would make our defences too thin at other regions, and a chunk of our fleet is already tied up in the annexing of Alpha Canis. Don't worry too much and loose any sleep over the GMV-Darkstar, we have plenty more ships where that came from."

"Aye sir, sounds like a plan." responded Advil.

{/RP}

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Holly god what HaveI started LOL

IC

GMV Darkstar

Engaged with Galcom forces

Cyron VI

Alarm sirens roared on the bridge as the Darkstar dove towards the planet and the approaching Andromeda ships systems were starting to give as the bridge was rocked by explosions. Shaken but undetered he stood staring at the bridgeviewer

"Range!" he barked

"Andromeda entering missile range now sir"

"Fine dissengage the tracking systems on the missiles and fire"

Four missiles shot out from the front of the giant ship arching towards the Andromeda. On the bridge he let a grin sneak on to his face as he watched the missiles.......

GCV Andromeda

Planetary Egress Cryon VI

James stared at his tacops display watching intently as the Gamulan super carrier approached the huge ship was getting pounded by the other Galcom ships in the area but she was still heading straight for them.

Arming four missiles and designating the Stormcarrier their target he check range to target they were just entering range just then four missile shot forth from the Darkstar heading for the Andromeda. James snapped up quickly

"Now!" he yelled "shut down the engines avtivate EMD"

The engines went dead and gravity immedialty took hold the Andromeda started to drop to the planet again almost immediatly, James watched with baited breath as the missiles streaked towards them and then breath a sign of relief, as did the rest of the bridge crew a they streaked accross the bow. reacting immediatly James checked the Andromda's list indeed she was falling but she had retained her heading which meant the nose of the Andromeda had Perfect bear on the Gamulan ship.

James stood from his chair "FIRE!"

The Andromeda's main IOD gun and Missiles opened up on the Gamulan craft streaking accross the now night sky striking at the very heart of the Giant ship. Explosions and smoke errupted from the great ship and she started to list to one side falling uncontrolably towards the surface.

On the bridge of the Andromeda the Bridge crew let a yell of success as they watched the burning ship fall!

"Well done!," James commented,"but most of the work was done for us. Re-engage the engines and get us out of here get two marines to a shuttle we are going to need a tow out of this system before more arrives"

"Get me Demolition on the screen!"

[rp]

UCV-Mary J

Comms:

"Sir incoming transmision from Defensive Advisor Advil of the Gmmulan military"

Cmdr:

"ON screen"

Advil:

"Cmdr Barron, Lord David has requested that I relay theese orders to you in person. The UCV-Mary J is to stand down. Lord David bid you not to interviene, he is well aware of the situation in the Cyron system. The Mary J is to return to the Omega Centauri system at once, and begin a full security sweep of the system. Do I make my self clear Cmdr?"

Cmdr:

"The orders are clear sir, Tell Lord David we leave at once as he commands."

advil:

"Very well, Advil out"

Cmdr:

"Hmmm...Its our lucky day..Nav, set course for the Omega Centauri system... I wonder what the hell this is all about"

Nav:"The course is ploted sir, we are ready to make the jump."

Cmdr:

"Engage"

....and the Mary J left the Cyron system as fast as it had arived. Cmdr Barron could not help thinking that what transpired only moments ago was just a small part of a much larger picture. From the looks of things there was not much he could have done to save the doomed Storm Carier.

He did not feel any remorse for the soon to be dead crew, as Valkerie rarley do, but he did feel almost sick at the thought of the loss of such a powerfull ship.......

{rp]

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

Hope that LordDavid is happy with this _temporal_ addition to his fleet , but Emmett didn't think that the Gammulan presence in this story was large enough

LordDavid, you make a brief appearance in this post, hope you don't mind, otherwise I can edit.

[rp]

GMV Basher

Sitting in his chair, Garith was looking aimlessly to the main screen. It had been quiet for the last few days and he didn't anticipate anything in the days to come.

'Incoming transmission from LordDavid, Sir', the ensign on duty said and made a step sideways to let his commander access the screen.

'Garith here', he said and the well known face of LordDavid came into view. 'Get your ass over at Cryon IV, the GMV Darkstar is in trouble and needs help. Now... Get to it!'.

With that the screen blanked.

'Right, plot a course to Cryon IV. What's our ETA?'

'17 minutes, Sir'

'OK, get to it.'

With that the GMV Basher lightly trembled when the hyperdrive activated and the vessel left in a trail of bright flashes.

[/rp]

Short, but I'm on my way

btw, Riga is kind of lost and will join later (i.e. when the battle is over )

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

[rp]

GMV-Tyranny

Regis VI (approaching wormhole to Cyron system)

Drumming his fingers impatiently upon the sleek console Elenkis watched from the bridge as the wormhole creeped closer and closer into view. Time always seemed to slow down in the anticpation of battle, perhaps his engines were cursed. Turning his attention back to the tacops display he watched the battle enfolding through the eyes of the probe... Fate seemed to be dealing him a fortunate hand today. It was a routine patrol, one that would normally consist of cleaning up Raiders, mere pest control. Something was different about today, he didn't know what caused him to send the probe ahead on such a routine patrol but he was not about to complain. Now he just had to play the cards.

"To think... Galcom lemmings with the nerve to be so far from home?"

He spoke to no one in particular and accompanied it with a tsk sound. Something on the tactical display caused him to grit his teeth and tense. Forcing a defiant smirk he hit the comms link.

"Ready fighters 1 through to 8 for combat, PTA to 50%, cloak us... Is this as fast as we can go? We don't want to keep our guests waiting!"

The stormcarrier entered the wormhole.

[/rp]

{rp}

"Sir! The GCV-Andromeda has opened fire on the stormcarrier! It's falling to the surface!" his tactical officer said.

The crwe let out a cheer. Knowing thyat they had try long and hard to free the GCV-Andromeda from the Gmamulan's clutches.

Elio on the other hand, was silent.

"Sit what's wrong?" Derrick said.

"I don't know Derrick. Something in my gut is telling me this is just the beginning. We are in Valkerie territory an the Gammulans are probably sending reenforcements.". Elio said grimly.

The cheering stopped.

"Load repair supplies to a shuttle. Get that shuttle to the GCV-Andromeda so James' crew can fix the problems." Elio said.

"Prepare for anything. This battle might not be over." Elio said.

The crew was silent as they went back to work.

{/rp}