{RP } First Patrol

mfd_2002

Mission Status Report: 05-02-3010

( GCV Uylesess )

To:

GALCOM ( Earth Fleet Command )

15:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

Completed docking operation successfully, Have issued Ships Crew (24 hr ) leave on Wraith Station. In addition have requisitioned Ship Armor upgrade, and are currently at Dock for installation of upgrade and minor repairs.

No further hostile contact as of this morning, Alpha and Beta Flight are on patrol of local system. Have started planetary survey for materials and supplies, have located substantial Terran Raider planetary installations on the Planet ( Lyrius ) ScanÔÇÖs indicate ( 2 ) major concentration of planetary operations and in addition approximate ( 50 ) associated Base Camps / Facilities.

Both Moons in Lyruis, are void of any installations or settlements, No Inhabitants discovered. In addition our patrols found no Inhabitants on the Planet of Lennen, or the single moon of the Lennen Star System.

Are still continuing our Mineral Survey of the planetary bodies of Lyrius, including the two moons there. Will be docked at Wraith Station until armor installation, and Hull inspections are completed, estimation of Duty Ready status at approximately 07:00 hrs / 05-04-3010

Cmdr, M.F. Dodson

Commanding Officer

GCV-Uylesess

( GCV Uylesess )

CaptainÔÇÖs Log / 05-02-3010

21:00 hrs

I was sitting in my Quarters, when the door chimes to my quarters rang out, I stood in the door way as it opened , and there was Lt.Cmdr Moran.

( " Sir, I was going to the Galley, and wondered if you had anything to eat yet this evening ? " )

I responded,

" Actually No, I would be most honored if I may join you, if thatÔÇÖs all right with you ? "

( " By all means Sir, Shall we then? " )

As we walked down the main deck to the Turbo lifts, I asked about the watch status.

( " Sir, Engineering has inspected 60 % of the armor upgrade, and has found no anomalies. Ships power has been restored, all maintenance routines have been completed. The Crew is still on leave and we are presently in the process of restocking ships stores. " )

" Most excellent, Lt. Cmdr, "

Then Lt.Cmdr, Moran engaged into conversation.

( " Sir, my I ask you, what other commands you have had in the past? " )

I smiled and replied,

" Why yes, you may Lt. Cmdr, "

" When I graduated from the academe, I was appointed as the Flight Officer aboard the ECV-Protius a Generis Class Transport. Back then we ran the Europa to Mars ore run, I spent the next three years on that ship. But the Captain of the Protius was injured in ore loading accident, 16 months into my assignment. And as the senior ranking officer aboard the Protius, I was promoted to Captain. "

" But being a Captain of an Earth Force freighter IsnÔÇÖt what its cracked up to be. I mean you are all wayÔÇÖs fighting schedules, back then the GALCOM Ship Yards were in full production building the fleet. And every ton of ore mined, was to be delivered on time or some construction crew would be delayed, not building ships. So those freight loads had to be on time, every time, Burned up a few reactors on that old boat, but thatÔÇÖs my First Command, had many a fond memory of that ship. Then as fate would have it EARTHCOM was looking for Captains with substantial logged hours in space travel , for deep space exploration and like most freighter Captains a great many of us were reassigned to exploration fleets. "

" I was reassigned to the ECV-Devotion, and with that reassignment, came a promotion to the rank of Lt. Cmdr, the Devotion was a Solnar Class Heavy Cruiser. That was my first exploration assignment, we were to patrol the Alpha Centauri / Tau Ceti Star Systems, back when GALCOM was hard pressed to keep the peace in the Terran Quadrant. I spent five very busy years on that ship, patrolling all about those two star systems, investigating what seemed to be every anomaly present there. Lots of good science went on back then, logged a many hundreds of hours on the bridge, during those deep space patrols. "

" Then as the losses of the Terran Military, and the GALCOM Fleet was still on the rise. Exploration fell out of favor, there was a new GALCOM leadership, and the building of the new GALCOM Battle Fleet was given the highest priority. The Devotion was recalled to Earth Space, and reassigned to a younger crew. "

" I was then promoted to the rank of Commander, and with that promotion, I was handed my reassignment to GALCOM Fleet Command. After a year of administrative duties on the Starpath Station. I received orders to report to GALCOM HQ on Earth, when I reported for duty, I was handed the Command of the Uylesess."

As the conversation ended, we stood in front of the galley entrance. The door slid open and we stepped into the Galley.

Mission Status Report: 05-03-3010

( GCV Uylesess )

To:

07:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

First watch reported No Contacts, have debriefed the Watch Officers and Second Watch is reporting to duty. Ships Status is ( Secure at Dock ), Engineering is reporting armor upgrade is proceeding with no complications.

Have posted a guard detail to secure the research lab, with orders to challenge any unauthorized entry. The rest of the ships crew are still on leave with orders to report to duty, at Second Watch ( 07 :00 Hrs ) on the date of 05-04-3010.

A waiting rendezvous with GCV-Trinidad, Mineral Survey has yielded no Radine deposits. But search teams and mining operations continue on first moon, survey team reports 10% of that moons surface surveyed. Mineral sampling has been of mostly unremarkable ores, And are continuing to catalog our findings.

Cmdr, M.F. Dodson

Commanding Officer

GCV-Uylesess

( GCV Uylesess )

CaptainÔÇÖs Log 05-03-3010

08:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

Well, that was good read, sounds like we had a quite night, I just finished the reports to GALCOM. Then stood from my desk and proceeded to leave my quarters. I stepped into the corridor just down the hall from the officers quarters, and then to the main deck. As I walked down the hallway I slid my comlink on my wrist, and adjusted the audio a bit.

As I stepped into the Main Corridor, I happened to see the Chief Engineer, Mr. Kendrick. He was busily conversing with one of his engineering staff. I called out to him.

" Mr. Kendrick, may I have a word with you? "

He in turn dismissed his engineer to his duty, and replied.

( " Aye, Sir, what may I do for you. " )

" Well Mr. Kendrick, I have reviewed your status reports on our ships Hull upgrade. And wish to hear your personal summation of the progress thus far."

( " Well, Sir. The Station technicians are a well organized group, I have been out the air lock a few times to observe the quality of the welding work of the Droidians Technicians. I must say I can see by the workmanship why the Droidians build a highly sought after space craft. The workmanship is simply outstanding, our best estimates indicate the new armor, will effectively strengthen our original Hull by as much as 70 %. In addition the ( Titanium V ) alloy, is much more resistive to energy plasma then the old armor. We should be in fine order by this evenings shift change, we are already three quarters through the upgrade, and the inspection is about 60% complete. I estimate by first watch, we should be ready to prowl the universe again Sir. " )

I stood there a bit dumbfounded,

" Excellent, I hadnÔÇÖt realized that you and your crew had accomplished this much progress,so soon."

" Mr. Kendrick, Carry On, by all means Carry On. "

He smiled, saluted and headed towards engineering. I turned and started towards the bridge, when Lt. Cmdr, Moran appeared from one of the hallways.

( " Captain, are you heading to the bridge? " )

She asked, I had stopped in the corridor and waited for her arrival. Moments later the Lt. Cmdr, caught up with me and we proceeded towards the bridge.

" So, Lt. Cmdr, what can I do for you? "

( " Well, Sir I was wondering if I may disembark the ship today, to complete a few personal items on the Station before we have to get under way? " )

" I donÔÇÖt see any need for you to be on duty this morning, I think I can handle anything if it comes up. But as a measure of caution be shure to carry you comlink with you. "

( " Yes, Sir. I plan to, IÔÇÖll only be a few hours. IÔÇÖll report back before third watch, thank you Sir. " )

" Very Well Lt. Cmdr, we shall see you then, Carry On. "

So with that, I turned to enter the turbo lift. And stepped in to the lift and the door whisked shut, Moments later I was entering the bridge. As the door opened I heard, " Captain, on the Bridge " as a Marine Guard on duty cried out.

[ 02-24-2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Spiro ]

Mission Status Report: 05-03-3010

( GCV Uylesess )

To:

15:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

Third watch reporting to duty stations, Watch Officers are debriefing now. Flight operations have recovered all Mining drones with 100 % Capacity, Alpha wing, has been recovered and refueling. Beta Wing on patrol and will be relieved, in 30 Minuets

All patrols reporting No contacts, encountered in Lyrius Space, SR-probe, Unit 9 detected contacts at 14:00 hrs in the Lennen Star system. Contact was a MRT-15 class freighter registered to Credian Traders , of which MRT-15 Freighter docked with ( Pixan Station ) Lennen.

No Contacts Reported from Probe Unit-10, ( Barnards Star ). Crew is still on leave, and GCV-Uylesess is reporting ( Secure at Dock ).

Hull Armor Installation proceeding with No Complications reported.

Ships weapon stores have been replenished, and continuing maintenance checks.

Cmdr, M.F. Dodson

Commanding Officer

GCV-Uylesess

( GCV Uylesess )

CaptainÔÇÖs Log 05-03-3010

18:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

We are well into the last Day of leave on the Wraith Station, the Chief Engineer has completed the operational inspection of the new armor installation, and has reported everything was proceeding as planned. The crew are starting to return aboard the ship, and from what I can tell their sprits are high.

The decks of the Uylesess are starting buzz with the excitement, of our pending launch. It is most intriguing why a ships crew brings the level of excitement up a notch, just before we leave a station after an extended stay. I would say itÔÇÖs due to the emotional attachment the crew has to the Uylesess, and their crew mates, knowing that the time has come to transition from the role of a individual, to the ascension to the role of a team mate, of a crew. And that they know somebody onboard, is ready to welcome you back to your duties. I guess itÔÇÖs liken to the way one feels coming home.

I stood from the Command Chair on the bridge, paused there a moment and gazed at the bridge viewer. Just looking at all those stars out there, wonder what new adventure will await us when we rendezvous with the Trinidad. I called to the Watch Officer,

" Lt. Crane, You have the Con, IÔÇÖm going below to inspect the decks." her response, was the familiar.

( " Aye, Sir. " ).

I entered the turbo lift, and arrived at the Main Deck, I stepped into the corridor and proceeded to the Aft of the ship, some Seven hundred or so meters ahead of me. I have always found it relaxing to walk the decks as the crew comes aboard, it instills the presence of command and authority.

It is believed that If the ships crew see their Commanding Officer as they return to the ship, instills an Icon of the dutiful Captain over seeing the return of his crew. It sets the mindset of the crew, that their duty awaits them.

It is a psychological technique, taught early on in Command School. So Much of the functionality of a command depends on the psychological control of the crew.

It has been proven that the properly groomed relationship between Officers and their subordinates, will achieve positive results in most, if not all combat situations. Like it or not, someone has to be the responsible partner in these type of relationships. And that goes to say, then some body has to be the subordinate one also.

It is that whole team concept, is what makes great Captains, and is the means of building a great Command.

( GCV Uylesess )

CaptainÔÇÖs Log 05-04-3010

06:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

I had just finished getting dressed, when my comlink rang out.

( " Sir, Tactical just picked up the sensor echo of the Trinidad, and the resupply convoy. It has just jumped into Lyrius Space, and has transmitted a docking request to the Wraith Station. " )

" Very well, IÔÇÖm on my way to the Research Lab, have Lt. Cmdr Lanix notified I will be there directly. Send A message to the Captain of the Trinidad, that we await his arrival."

( " Aye, Sir " )

I made my way to the entrance of the Research Lab there two, of the Ships Marines on duty guarding the door way. As I approached they Saluted, and I returned the salute and entered the Lab.

Lt. Cmdr Lanix was at the front desk conversing with one of the research technicians, looked up saluted me.

"Well Lt.Cmdr, I guess we wont get to resolved those encryption codes after all. I have orders to transfer all this captured equipment to the Captain of the GVC-Trinidad, to be returned to HQ for further investigation.

I would like to keep the archived copy you have prepared, of the data you have retrieved. And for that matter we will keep the information of its existence, a matter of Ships Security. I have read these orders over and over, and it clearly has no mention of the deposition of archived materials. So with that, we shall transfer the captured devices intact. And then we shall secure our own devices used, to assist in the retrieval of this Information."

" WouldnÔÇÖt you agree, Lt. Cmdr ? "

Jo turned to me and smiled, then replied

( " By All Means , Sir " )

" Very well, Lt. Cmdr Lanix, would you make preparations for this equipment to be ready for transfer to the Trinidad with in the hour? "

Her response was an enthusiastic.

( " Yes , Sir " )

I Saluted the Lt. Cmdr, then left the Research Lab, proceeding to Engineering.

I walked a few minuets and arrived at the Engineering Deck of the Uylesess, As I entered the subdeck control room, Mr. Kendrick was conferring with one of the engineering technicians.

" At Ease, Mr. Kendrick, what is the Ships Status? I asked. "

( " Sir, the armor refit was completed at 02:30 Hrs this morning, I have completed all the Operational Inspections, and have secured all equipment utilized in the installation of the new armor. The Droidan Technicians have secured their operations, and have removed all scaffolds and external equipment. As of 05:30 hrs, I have certified the Uylesess ready for Operations, Sir. " )

" Most Excellent, Mr. Kendrick. Make preparations to get under way with in the hour, You and your staff have performed your duties in the highest regards. I wish to convey to you and your personnel, Job well done, Carry On Mr. Kendrick, you have your orders."

( " Aye , Sir " )

I Saluted Mr. Kendrick, And left the Engineering Deck to proceed to the bridge.

As I walked the Main Corridor, My Comlink rang out.

( " Sir, the Trinidad has initiated docking procedures with the station. The Stations Flight Controller has granted docking permission. The resupply Freighter has docked on the lower Pad Beta-2, And the Trinidad will be located on the upper Pad Alpha-2. " )

" I see, Watch Officer have Lt.Cmdr Moran, and Lt.Cmdr Lanix, report to the transporter room, I will meet them there. Have all the Ships Officers report for duty, they are to prepare the Ship and crew, for departure from Wraith Station, with in the hour. "

( " Aye, Sir! " )

I had just turned the corner of the subdeck hall way, and there was the midship transporter room, as I entered I saluted the Engineer who stood ready at the console, then stepped onto the platform I said to him

" Lt. Send me to Docking Pad Alpha-2 on Wraith Station. "

He made a few adjustments on the Transported console then replied

( " Ready, Sir " )

" Lieutenant, Have Lt. Cmdr Lanix, and Lt. Cmdr Moran sent to the same location. "

( " Aye , Sir " )

I in turn nodded with approval, as the transporter came to life. Moments later I stood on the Gangway platform of the docking pad Alpha-2. There ahead of me, drifting motionless, was the GVC-Trinidad. Suddenly a flash of light caught my eye, and there Lt. Cmdr Moran stood just about a meter away.

Again a flash of light appeared then vanished, as Lt. Cmdr Lanix appeared just to the left of Lt. Cmdr Moran.

Suddenly two more flashes, came and went, there 5 meters away was the Captain, and First Officer of the Trinidad.

I stepped towards the Captain, and my two officers followed suite, I greeted the captain, and his First Officer.

" Welcome to Wraith Station, Captain. May I present myself, Cmdr, Dodson and my First Officer, Lt. Cmdr, Moran, and accompanying us today, is my Research Engineer, Lt. Cmdr Lanix, Of the GCV-Uylesess. "

As our party came a bit closer, to the new arrivals, I recognized the Captain, of the Trinidad, It was Cmdr. Keith Sanders, I havenÔÇÖt seen Cmdr. Sanders, since the days at the academe.

" Well, well.. Cmdr. Keith Sanders, How have you been, ItÔÇÖs been what 12 years or so? " I exclaimed

( GCV Uylesess )

8:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

Well That went fairly well, I wish I had more time to catch up with Keith but He had orders to return to HQ by this evening.

The Freighter was to off load its cargo assigned by itÔÇÖs manifest, and proceed to Pixan Station as soon as possible. The Capture Raider Console was transported Intact to the Trinidad and was on its way back to HQ.

I and Lt.Cmdr Moran returned to the Bridge of the Uylesess, with those sealed orders in hand. Lt. Cmdr Lanix returned to the Research Lab. The Watch Officers, had prepared the ship to get under way and the Uylesess was ready for launch.

" Lt. Cmdr, Moran. What is the ship Status ? "

( " Sir, the ship is secure at dock, all crew is onboard, and accounted for, second watch is on stations, Ship is prepared to get underway, awaiting your command. " )

" Very Well, Lt. Cmdr. Clear all moorings, and proceed to launch procedures, Make way to the Lennen Star System. Once we arrive in Lennen space, make preparations to dock with Pixan Station."

" First Officer, You have your orders. "

( " Aye, Sir " )

With that command, I pulled the sealed orders from my Jacket, and proceeded to open the envelope.

12:00 / GMT / ZULU / 05-03-3001

Galcom (HQ)

Terran Military (Earth Fleet Command)

Cmdr. M. F. Dodson

( GVC-Uylesess )

Commander, you and your crew have been selected to accomplish tasking of a very sensitive nature. It has been reported that a GAMULAN strike force is being assembled, in the Star System of Omega Centauri, Located deep in GAMULAN Controlled Space.

You have been tasked to investigate the possibility of a covert operation to this star system, for the next few Days. You are to configure the GCV-Uylesess for a series of Performance Evaluations of your ships cloaking device, in the attempt of achieving continuous operation in this configuration. Therefore you are to attain all the Iridium you can, and perform Endurance Tests on the GCV-Uylesess, while in a Cloaked configuration. These test are to determine the performance level and reliability of your Ships Cloaking Technology.

We realize, that the presence of a Terran Military Battlecrusier, this deep in GAMULAN Space could be considered an aggressive act on our part. So it has been determined that a ( Cloaked ) vessel could make a covert operation possible. This Mission depends on the Utmost secrecy of these test. You are to return to the Sygan Star Station, load your ships stores and proceed to the Flux Field located in that system.

Navigate to the Flux field and activate your cloaking device, and make the jump. Once you have determined the cloaking devices operation you are to navigate the Entire Syrion Quadrant, while in the Cloaked configuration. You may disengage the cloak only in Non Observable conditions, or Planet Fall. You will maintain Communications Black Out, and only report your status while docked at the Star Base of ( Sygan Star ) this Star Base, will be your only Point of Contact during this exercise.

If these tests are successful, at the conclusion of theses test. You will be receive additional orders.

Good Luck Commander,

GALCOM ( HQ ) Fleet Operations

Terran Military (Earth Fleet Command)

( GCV Uylesess )

08:30 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

As I reviewed the orders, I realized that this was going to be a difficult tasking. The whole Idea of cloaking a ship is inherent to covert operations. But with current technology, a few hours in this configuration is problematic at best. The energy drain on the ship is enormous, and the radiation exposure could be fatal.

There have been stories of radiation exposures so bad, that one third of a battlecruisers crew complement was found deceased on board these ships, and the rest were huddled in the shuttle crafts as a last ditch effort to survive. I truly hope our fleet commanders know what there asking.

In Reading these orders, I wonder just why GALCOM is so worried about this GAMULAN Task Force, I have an uneasy feeling about all of this, with our fleet scattered all about the Galaxy, and a GAMULAN Task Force building up. These orders are purely a calculated attempt to develop the science of covert operations to plan the missions of deep insurgence into enemy territory.

Well, Like it or not , ItÔÇÖs my job to go in harms way.

The Jump into the Sygan System was uneventful, in a few moments we completed the transition out of hyperspace. There before us, some eight hundred thousand kilometers ahead was the planet of Sygan.

The viewscreen had returned to itÔÇÖs normal display as the Tac-Ops computer located Syganstar, in orbit of the planet. The Tactical Officer initiated the sensor sweep, then ordered the Communications Officer to hail the station. I could here the com chatter in the open channel, as the station acknowledged our request to dock. Lt. Cmdr. Moran Called to the helm, and ordered the standard approach. The Navigation Officer laid in the Jump coordinates, and within the moment the Uylesess Jumped through the familiar transition, and back into Hyperspace.

Again the viewscreen displayed the Red to Blue, shift as the ship made its attempt to faster then light travel. Our command of the laws of physics still doesnÔÇÖt permit such velocities, but we have found the realm of subspace travel to suffice. Moments later the Uylesess dropped back into normal space, and there just sixty kilometers ahead, was the Starbase Syganstar.

The helmsman maneuvered the Uylesess, to the proper docking platform as instructed by the stations dock master, with several burst of the maneuvering thrusters the Uylesess drifted to her assigned berth. Then suddenly all motion had stopped, as the stations docking field locked onto the Uylesess, and brought her forward motion to a stand still the Helmsman called out.

( " Sir! Docking maneuver complete, ship is secure at dock. " )

I replied,

" First Officer, post the watch, and please contact Mr. Kendrick, I wish to have a briefing with yourself, and our Chief Engineer, IÔÇÖll meet both of you in my ready room in ten minuets. "

( " Aye, Sir. " )

I stood from the captains chair and left the bridge, I entered my ready room and then sat at table, activated the wall viewscreen, then pulled up the navigation charts of the Credian and Gamulan star systems. I then activated my desktop console, to the ships main computer. And retrieved the readouts of the ships fuel storage cells and glanced at their capacity, and the Iridium levels currently on board.

Just then the entry monitor rang out , I acknowledged it with greeting my two officers. As they entered the ready room and took their seats, I proceeded to the briefing.

" Well, its like this, we have received orders to evaluate the performance of our ships cloaking device and determine if a prolonged operation, in this configuration is at all possible. I think we are all familiar with the risks of a prolonged operation of any cloaking device. But this is why I summoned Mr. Kendrick, to explain just what we can expect."

( " Captain, Lt.Cmdr, It has been documented that any operation of cloaking devices at the current technology, has only been accomplished for short durationÔÇÖs of time, something like six, maybe ten hours of continuous operations at most. These devices emit large quantities of radiation, to produce the effect of visually being cloaked, my information indicates the even while cloaked a ships radar signature is still detected, by sensor echoes or by the presence of distortion fields.So IÔÇÖm not shure what is to be gained by such operations of these devices. The premise of being there, but not seen, is at best only a vail pulled over the advisories sensors readings. " )

" Well, it seems that GALCOM want us to verify these results, this evaluation will commence tomorrow at 07:00 hrs. We are to jump into the Flux field in Sygan, navigate to the Majoris Star system. Then proceed in a cloaked configuration, and patrol the entire Syrion quadrant. We are to record consumption of Iridium, and any anti-radiation procedures we undertake.

Upon completion of these trials we are to report back to the Syganstar and debrief GALCOM of our findings. The rest of these orders will depend on the out come of these tests. "

" Lt, Cmdr. Moran I will need you to coordinate with Mr. Kendrick, in loading the necessary equipment, and Iridium for extended operations of Our cloaking device, prepare for the worst case scenario. You have 12 hours to make all the preparations, you two are dismissed "

Both Officers stood and saluted, then went about their assignments.

Mission Status Report: 05-04-3010

( GCV Uylesess )

To:

09:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

Have received orders, dispatched by HQ. Via GCV-Trinidad, Have complied with request of transfer all materials from Salvage operations to Commander Trinidad, Which is currently enroute to HQ. The Uylesess is secure at dock, at Syganstar ( Sygan ), and are in the process of loading equipment, and supplies, per orders.

Ship is on second watch, and all decks report ready. All patrols have been recalled, and are secure in ships hanger bays. All departments are making preparations to get underway, awaiting the loading of ships stores.

Operations will commence tomorrow at 07:00 Hrs / GMT / Zulu, and will proceed with primary task.

GCV-Uylesess will resume contact per instructed procedures, on or about stardate ( 05-06-3010 ) or upon the completion of exercise.

Cmdr, M.F. Dodson

Commanding Officer

GCV-Uylesess

( GCV Uylesess )

11:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

I sat there looking at the wall display, of the navigation charts. Pondering a route through the Syrion Quadrant, when I saw it.

Just maybe we could, I thought to myself, ItÔÇÖs so close. If the Uylesess could jump the Flux fields in Sygan, why not jump the Flux Field in Mondial, in the Vega-Eridani System.

It looks like this ( F-10 ) would take us right there. Then we could go take a peek In the Gamulan system, right smack dab in the middle of the Omega Centauri. It looks like a feasible route, I mean If we are going to be cloaked, and have the anti radiation equipment on board anyway, We could pull this off.

It could be possible, I called to my Comlink.

" Lt.Cmdr. Moran report to the Captains ready room. "

Moments later, the ready room entrance monitor rag out, I responded. " You may enter. "

As the door closed behind her, Lt. Cmdr, Moran Saluted.

( " Sir, You wish to see me ? " )

" Yes, I would like your assessment of this idea. Look at these charts, If we are going to go Covert, then while we are cloaked , why not jump to the Mondial system here in Vega-Eridani , and navigate the Flux Field F-10, and go take a look at this GAMULAN Strike force for ourselves. I mean we could do this with minimum risk, WouldnÔÇÖt you agree. "

She Looked over the Charts, and stood there a moment, then turned to me and replied.

( " Well Sir, I would caution you that if we were to experience any, system malfunction of the cloaking device while in Gammulan space. We would probably never, make back to friendly space alive. But discounting that, I would concur itÔÇÖs a daring plan, when do we leave? " )

I smiled back, and replied.

" Excellent Lt. Cmdr, well met. We will proceed with our orders then, tomorrow at 07:00 we will go make some history. "

( GCV Uylesess )

CaptainÔÇÖs Log 05-05-3010

06:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

I had awakened a few hours early, this morning, and was comfortably seated in the ships Galley looking over officers briefings of the last watch. I reached for my cup of coffee, and then glanced at the load manifest of last nights loading of stores. The manifest indicated a list of materials that we purchased, and there as instructed, were the 2100 tons of Iridium, along with 20 RCU units.

I thought that ought to be enough for a few dayÔÇÖs anyhow.

As I sat there reading the nights reports, I glanced at the ships clock, as it displayed 06:20, It was time to gather the reports I had scattered about, and file them away in my Ready Rooms office. I stood and proceeded to the bridge, I entered the Main Corridor and made my way to the turbo lift, and entered. Moments later the door opened, and I entered the bridge.

( " Captain on Deck, " )

Cried the Marine Guard, stationed on the bridge. I returned a salute and entered my ready room. As the door closed behind me I made my way to the desk and filed the reports in the desk drawer. I turned to glance at the wall viewscreen, and browsed the various displayÔÇÖs. I noticed the security officer had made last minuet

updates of the ships status indicating the Uylesess, was secured from all the stations gangways, and loading accesses and was cleared for launch.

I stood and left the ready room and entered the bridge, as I entered the bridge there Lt.Cmdr. Moran had just reported for duty. I had noticed the other Officers starting to file in, and report to their stations. I made my way to the Captains Chair and sat down, The First Officer greeted me with a salute and a,

( " Good Morning Sir. " )

I gave a Salute to Lt. Cmdr. Moran, and replied.

" Good Morning Lt. Cmdr, we have a busy day this morning, lets say we get started. "

She responded with the familiar,

( " Aye, Captain. " )

" Communications Officer give me 1-MC please. "

( " Aye, Sir. " )

" Good Morning, to day our orders are to perform tests and evaluations of this ships Cloaking device, we are to proceed to the Flux Field located here in Sygan. And then navigate it to the Droidians home world of Majoris, there we are to proceed in a cloaked configuration and make patrols into the Credian Quadrant. "

" It is My intention to complete these test and evaluations and in addition, Jump the Flux Field located in the Omega Eridani Star system, which will in turn send us into the Star System of Omega Centauri. For those of you unfamiliar with galactic navigation, That system is right in the middle of the Gamulan Empire, Our orders are, that if our cloaking systems are functional, we are to proceed into gamulan controlled space

and gather information of a gamulan strike force building in the Omega Centauri system. Then report back to The Sygan system and perform docking maneuvers, with the Syganstar Starbase and report our findingÔÇÖs. "

" As the Captain of this Vessel, and its crew I have the utmost confidence that the performance, of this ship and crew will achieve the excellence required to complete these Trials, and this Mission, with a successful conclusion. So with no further formalities, prepare to launch status. "

I motioned to the Communications Officer to clear, the 1-MC and she acknowledge.

( " Aye , Sir " )

" First Officer, report ships status "

( " Sir, all ships departments reporting ready to get underway. Chief Engineer, reports all systems are ready

and no anomalies indicated. Cloaking device is reported as ready an on stand by. Tactical Officer reports no contacts, clear space. Navigation Officer reports Nav-Com on line, and in stand by mode. Flight Officer reports all Fighters and Shuttles secure in launch bays, Pilots on station and standing by. Combat Officer reports all Ships security teams reported in, ships is secure for launch, Medical Officer reports medics on station, Sick bay is ready and no sick leave reported. " )

" Very Well, Communications, Notify the Sygan Station we are ready to depart on their clearance. "

( " Aye, Sir dock master has turned our request to the Flight controller, and we have clearance to launch " )

" Very Well, First Officer you have permission to proceed with launch maneuvers."

( " Helm, activate Vertical Flight Thrusters and clear the platform, " )

( " Aye, Sir " )

( " Navigation, Plot the coordinates to the Sygan, Flux Field, Lock them into the Nav-Com. " )

( " Aye. Sir " )

( " Helm, transition to Forward Flight, as soon as you have maneuvering clearance. " )

( " Aye, Sir transition to forward flight now, Sir. " )

(" Very Well, all ahead with maneuvering thrusters, a two minute burn please, Adjust your heading to the Flux Field coordinates. " )

( " Aye, Sir " )

( " First Officer, Nav-Com has completed it calculations and Course is locked in, Jump Engines on Line and Charged, Awaiting your command. " )

( " Very, well. Helm lock in the Navigation Computer to Flight controls, Initiate the jump when ready. " )

( " Aye, Sir " )

( GCV Uylesess )

07:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

I listened and watched Lt.Cmdr Moran, perform her assigned duties this morning as we proceeded, to embark on our latest deployment. She has demonstrated her command authority with professional finesse, and proficient means. She will make a excellent Command Officer, I am most impressed with her performance thus far.

I was on the bridge watching the Viewscreen, as we transitioned, into Hyperspace travel, closing the distance to the Sygan Flux Field. I was browsing the displays on my command console and checking the various systems displays, as we traversed local space. I watched on, as the distance calculated by the ships Nav-Com clicked a way. As a few minuets passed, the Uylesess finished the Jump and the transition back to normal space was complete. There 60 Kilometers ahead was the Flux Field, Glowing in the backdrop of interplanetary space, oscillating in it greenish yellow, plasma. There lies the passage way to the Droidan home world, the physics of these Flux fields are of Syrion / Droidan nature. Well so its told, but these phenomenon, exists in some parts real space, and are corridors through the fabric of space. Traversing vast distances and reappear on the other side of the known galaxy.

( " Captain, we are ready to pass through the Flux Field, shall we proceed ? " )

" Lt. Cmdr, Moran , You may proceed. "

( " Raising Shields, Helm, maneuvering thrusters ahead one third. " )

( " Aye, Sir " )

Slowly the Uylesess, moved forward and was engulfed into the plasma field, moments later the viewscreen went dark and then flashed back on. In that same moment, the Uylesess appeared back in normal space in the Alpha Majoris Star system.

( " Activate Cloaking system Now! " )

Lt.Cmdr, Moran, called out. As I watched the ships power level monitor, on my console spike to full output.

( " Cloaking system Coming, On Line, Ten percent radiation emissions and climbing. All shields are Operational, no internal ship radiation exposure indicated. " )

" Very well Lt. Cmdr."

" Navigator, plot the course to LV-125 in the Alpha Canis System, lock the coordinates into the helms console, Helm you may jump when ready. "

( " Aye, Captain " )

Again the Viewscreen returned to the Red Blue shift, as the Uylesess transitioned back into hyperspace. And once again we were hurtling through space at tremendous speeds. Moments later as the bridge viewscreen returned to its normal display we returned to normal space.

" Navigator, program all the jump points of Alpha Canis into the Nav-Com, and lock them to the helm.

Initiate the jumps in sequence. "

( " Aye, Sir " )

" Tactical, remain cloaked until further notice. "

( " Aye, Sir " )

" Helm, you are to maintain normal space velocities, when we arrive in the Omega Eridani system. Proceed to maneuver to the Flux Field in that system."

( :" Aye, Sir " )

" Lt. Cmdr, Moran, You have the Con. "

( " Aye, Sir " )

( GCV Uylesess )

08:30 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

The Jump to LV-125 went without incidence, so far the Cloaking system is performing with in all safety parameters. Iridium consumption has been minimal, and the Chief Engineer seems confident that the systems integrity will afford us a successful mission. Again the Bridge viewscreen changed to the Red Blue shift as we entered back into Hyperspace. I was monitoring the ships engineering displayÔÇÖs from my command console, So far everything looked good. Lt. Cmdr, Moran was observing the tactical console, as we proceeded to the next jump point Tarean Star System.

Moments later the Uylesess returned to normal space, and just a few kilometers ahead of our position was the jump gate to Tarean. I watched the Helmsman adjust his control console, and the Uylesess responded by maneuvering into the Jump Gate. In a blink of an eye, the Uylesess was located in the Tarean System.

Lt. Cmdr, Moran activated the ships passive sensors and logged them, for future transmission to GALCOM. I watched as the Helmsman in turned adjusted the Ships heading, and again the Bridge Viewscreen, returned to the Red Blue shift, as we transitioned back to hyperspace. I looked to my consoles and displayed the Nav-Com charts, the next Jump will be a Worm hole located in the Sarion Star System.

Suddenly, mother the ships computer called out.

" Radiation detected on deck two. "

Lt. Cmdr, Moran called into her comlink,

( " Mr. Kendrick. We have a radiation leak on deck two, dispatch a clean up crew there immediately. " )

( " Roger Control, RAD-CON teams have been dispatched. " )

( " Very well, Mr. Kendrick, Carry on. " )

I smiled, and chuckled as the First Officer experienced first hand, the efficiency of a good Chief Engineer.

Lt.Cmdr Moran, has the makings of a good ships Commander, I will be a bit sad to loose her to her own command. But In that respect I have great confidence in her abilities, She will go far in GALCOM.

Just at that moment, the Uylesess returned to normal space. Again Just a few kilometers ahead lay the Worm hole that leads to the Mondial Star System, Our last Jump before the next adventure on our list today.

The Uylesess maneuvered into the event horizon of the worm hole, then the bridge viewscreen flickered and in an instant we arrived in the Mondial Star System.

I called to the Helmsman,

" Helm, disengage all thrusters, let her drift on her own. "

( " Aye, Sir. " )

" Tactical, have we been painted by any active sensors, since the activation of the cloaking device? "

( " Negative, Sir. " )

" Well that been six jumps, and no active detection, I would have to say we are well with in the cloaked aspect of this mission. "

" Tactical, log all the sensor readings for GALCOM."

( " Aye, Sir " )

" Navigation, Plot the course to the F-10 Flux Field. "

( " Aye, Captain " )

" Engineering, whatÔÇÖs your status down there? "

( " Control, I have some power spikes, when we make the hyperspace jumps, but beyond that the cloaking system is operating within normal parameters. Radiation is way off the scale I read emissions at 104 % outside the hull, but no more leaks detected. Deck twoÔÇÖs RAD-CON team has cleaned up the exposure, and we are good to go Sir. " )

" Very well, Mr. Kendrick "

" Helm, Proceed to the Flux Field as soon as your ready. "

( " Aye, Sir. " )

We all watched as the Viewscreen returned to the Red Blue Shift, as we made the transition, to Hyperspace.

( GCV Uylesess )

09:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

As I sat on the bridge, I watched as the Viewscreen returned to the normal display there in our path appeared, the Flux Field F-10. Some where on the other side of this anomaly, was the Gammulan Empire. And I pondered what fate, lies before us.

" Helm, thrusters ahead one third. "

The Uylesess slipped into the plasma field and again with a blink of an eye, We appeared in a uncharted area of space. The Tactical Officer initiated a passive sweep and returned no echoes at all. The Navigation Officer referenced the Navigation Charts and cried out,

( " Sir, we have entered the remains of a Super Nova, designated as SN-02. This will afford us a secure hiding place, there are no echoes or presents here, all objects that were here were destroyed when the Super Nova Occurred, ItÔÇÖs like null space. " )

I thought about the Navigators explanation a moment, then Called out.

" Tactical, disengage the cloaking device. "

( " Aye, Captain " )

" Helm, disengage all forward thrust. "

( " Aye, Sir. " )

" Communications Officer, summon the Research Engineer to the Bridge. "

( " Aye, Captain " )

As I sat there, I reflected just what we have discovered and just how we could take advantage of this opportunity. Maybe this could become of some strategic importance, Maybe a staging area to be utilized as a assembly point for a counter strike force.

( GCV Uylesess )

11:00 hrs / GMT / ( Zulu )

I was reviewing my command console, and glanced at the Iridium levels, from the display, just as Lt.Cmdr.

Lanix arrived on the bridge.

( " Research Engineer. Lanix reporting Sir." )

" Excellent, Lt. Cmdr. I would like your summation of our knowledge of Super Nova events? "

The Research Engineer stepped to the science officers console on the bridge, and made a few adjustments, and suddenly the Bridge Viewer, displayed visual presentations from the ships Library Computer.

( " Well, Sir. The Super Nova is a stellar event, which is the result of a Star of the proper density and mass, at the end of its life cycle. Stars of certain magnitude eventually burn all their fuel, and begin to collapse onto them selves. Some stars are dense enough to create Black Holes, Others will result into Red Giants, and still others end up exploding, returning their molecular structures back to space. And Usually destroying everything in the system, and in that particular result, is what we have named Super NovaÔÇÖs. " )

I looked about the Bridge as all the bridge crews eyeÔÇÖs was affixed, to the Bridge viewscreen.

( " In most of these events , the null space that is formed from the inherent explosion will remain intact. But usually the gravity well of the destroyed star, sometimes remains. Thus is the reason that some Super Nova that are mapped can be a Navagation Hazard. " )

" Very well Lt. Cmdr Lanix, You report was most appreciated. "

The bridge viewscreen returned to back to normal, as the Research Engineer cleared the adjustments to the Science officers console. I called to the Helmsman.

" Helm, reacquire the Flux field F-10, thrusters ahead one third. "

( " Aye, Captain. " )

" Tactical prepare the Cloaking Device , Engage the Cloak as soon as we complete the jump. "

( " Aye, Captain " )

The Bridge crew went about their duties, as the Uylesess proceeded to the Event Horizon of the Flux Field, F-10. Moments later as the viewscreen returned to its normal display there ahead of us, The Gammulan controlled system of Otura-6.

Lt. Cmdr, Moran Called Out,

( " Cloaking system Online, Sir. No active sensor emissions recorded, We are effectively invisible, Sir. " )

" Excellent, record all sensor readings for the log, Lt. Cmdr, "

( " Aye, Sir " )

" Helm plot the jump to the Kruger jump gate, Lets go see whatÔÇÖs there."

( " Aye, Captain " )