The Orion Lounge

ooc: Thought I'd start this up again. All I really see is a bunch of technical babble and some fire fights. That's no way to rp men! Bah!

bic:

The lights in the Orion Lounge were soft tonight. Everything was unusually quiet what with all the soldiers out fighting their battles for her.

Akuma sat in a corner of the lounge drinking a green tea and looking over status reports and the like. She had a hard time now a days what with her changing her status and being accepted as the Ambassador between the Insurgents and Orion HQ. Currently her dress was casual. Jeans, a t-shirt and glasses posed over her nose to read the documents. Her violet streaks shifting in the light of the flickering screen.

"I haven't heard from my uncle or from Commander Savage in quiet some time." she mutters half heartedly and then continues to look over her reports. Occasionally glancing up to see if anything new was happening in her surroundings. So far nothing.

"What I need is a diplomatic mission. I've been stuck here for days!" She smirked and took a long drink of the tea emptying it's contents and then raises a hand. "Can I get another tea please?"

The robot at the bar gives her an acknowledging nod and proceeds to prepare her another tea. She goes back to her work keeping mostly out of sight.

OOC: Can I join?

IC: Commander James Smyth entered the bar, his cap held proudly under his right arm. He paused for moment to glance casually around the bar before stepping in. Deciding to for go a booth he perched himself on a stool at the bar and ordered a drink from the bar man. Sipping his drink slowly he stared blankly at the mirror on the rear of the bar.

Strange he thought how old he was starting to look and yet he was still only in his early thirties. He had noticed his appearance degrading since he had taken command of the Andromeda. He had spent a long time in space on that ship, thinking about it he could not remember the last time he took shore leave, forcing himself to concentrate he eventually was able to work out his last leave date and was shocked to work out that it was almost two years ago.

With the Andromeda Docked at Orion HQ for a resupply his 2nd in command had convinced him that he take a walk around the station and get off the ship for a while, he was now starting to wonder if he should make it an extended leave and go see the dust fields on Mars, something he had always wanted to do.

The Andromeda had just returned from a long patrol along the Gammulan border and most of the crew had requested shore leave once the patrol was complete, as such Smyth had organised a 2 week stop over and R&R time for the crew but was starting to wonder should he take advantage of the time himself also, Commander Talla had already offered to take the Andromeda, with a skeleton crew back to Wraith HQ around Lyrius if he wanted to take a break with the crew, indeed some of the crew had already left the ship, the ships medical officer had boarded a shuttle this morning bound for Earth. Geraldine had decided to visit her parents as she had not seen them in some time.

"So very tired!" James commented to nobody in particular as he took another sip from his glass.

[ooc]

I hearby say, by all accounts,

[/ooc]

Orion Starstation. Finally.

Nova walked into the Lounge with his Flight Officer and took in a deep breath.

"Ah, it's been forever since I've been here," remarked Nova. "There used to always be one hell of a stir going on in here."

How long had it been since he was last off the ship? 3 months? Boredom. When was the last time he'd nearly gotten himself killed? A year or so? Blah. He needed a new sense of direction.

He let out a sigh. "I need a break. The patrols are killing me. I'm so sick and tired of waiting. I joined the fleet a while back, so I could do something."

"Yeah, I hear ya. But man, what you need is a girlfriend," said the Flight Officer. "Like, how about that girl, right there?"

He pointed in Akuma's direction.

Nova chuckled. "Vic, that's Akuma Minako. She's Commander Foss's girl. And she's close to FC Blades. And she's Rattler's niece. And. Well, yeah. That's a deathwish."

He didn't want a girl. He'd already set his heart on someone far away And lost her in an ambush, years ago.

Vic replied, "Yeah, you're probably right."

They sat at the bar, where a stout robot awaited their order.

"I'll have some tequila," Nova said dryly.

"Yeah, maybe you do need a vacation. I'll have a beer. Uh, whatever that guy's having," Vic said, pointing at a marine sitting at the other end of the bar.

Someone walked up to them and asked, "Mind if I sit next to you guys?"

They didn't mind.

Nova said, "I need to take a long leave, and just do my own thing for a while. Maybe like, just serve in the reserve ranks or something." He paused to drink his shot of tequila. "Well, at least I'm back here instead of stuck on the ship now."

[ 04-03-2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Akuma's eyes caught the faintest glimpse of a familiar face and she glanced up to see a gentleman pointing in her direction and one very flustered Nova refusing to even approach her. "Ha, guess I'm not really a secret anymore am I." She looks back down at her notebook and then slowly stands closing it an putting the tiny console in her pocket before sidling over to the bar.

Walking up behind Nova she overhears him. "I need to take a long leave, and just do my own thing for a while. Maybe like, just serve in the reserve ranks or something." He paused to drink his shot of tequila and Akuma grinned planning her witty remark..."Well, at least I'm back here instead of stuck on the ship now."

"...and apparantly afraid of the purple eared cat mmm?" She takes a seat next to him on the other side of the stranger remarked as Vic. "Seems you've finally got some down time ne?" She says smoothly. "Nothing worthy of intrest 'cides the Gammulans lately huh?"

[RP]

So how is it going to be? pondered Savage as he half stepped into the Orion lounge and then back out again.

Whats it to be? Shall it be a grand enterence, with stiffled gasps, the smooth jazz abruptly stopping and people staring at me like frightened animals in a grav cars lights - or perhaps total indifference, or a casual glance over the shoulder before going back to sipping watered down beer?

Savage didnt know, nor did he really care truth be known. His ego, on the other hand, cared a great deal about how his sudden return to the Orion Starstation was going to be recieved. Ego demanded that he be immediately siezed upon by devout followers, smitten young just-out-of-girls-school ensigns and saluted and clapped on the shoulders by peers and relieved looking collegues.

Savage, however, wanted nothing more than to slip quietly in, grab Akuma gently by the arm and lead her into a quiet corner and get on with the speach he had been practicing since his return from HQ after the Golgotha incident. Preferably unnoticed - which explained why he was wearing attire to make himself as inconspicious as possible over his Fleet Commanders uniform.

Who are you kidding? uttered his ego. You're going to go in there and lap it up like a good soldier. You're not going to opt for the quiet, sensitive option.

Quiet you, started Savage, once again arguing with himself, this isnt the time for a fanfare. It's time for decisive action.

So how come you're outside the enterence again?

Savage looked down at his feet an noticed they had edged away from the door into the louge and shuffled back a few paces.

"Dammit."

[/RP]

Dont get too excited - Im still a good 30% away from being back yet. But getting closer.

[ooc]

Hey Blades. Sneaking back in on us, are we?

[/ooc]

"Well, at least I'm back here instead of stuck on the ship now."

Just as he'd finished speaking, someone else chimed in. "and apparently afraid of the purple eared cat, mmm?"

So she'd overheard. Great, Nova thought to himself sarcastically. Here comes trouble, I guess.

She took a seat next to Vic and continued, "Seems like you've finally got some down time, ne? Nothing worthy of intrest 'cides the Gammulans lately, huh?"

"Well, if it isn't the deathwish," Nova said slyly. "And yeah, I got some downtime, finally. I've been out there for like, three months, and sure, command was pretty sweet at first, but it gets old fast when you patrol the same empty place for weeks on end. Sh**, I think we've only seen like a handful of ships period, much less combat going on. Nothin' of interest out there 'cept space dust and empty vacuum." Nova paused.

Get a hold of yourself. You're freaking out. Don't lose yourself all at once.

Yeah, easy for you to say, Nova retorted to himself. Try getting stuck with a bunch of idiot newbie marines, an uptight crew, and your sanity for a few months. At least Vic has some common indie roots in him. ..What kind of idiot argues with himself in his own head?

The kind of idiot who enlists randomly and gets stuck patrolling vacant space for a few months as a first command duty, replied his other side.

Nova put himself together, and took a good look at Akuma. "Sorry, am I a bit *****y to you? I do that all the time."

She grinned.

Great. She thinks I'm crazy now.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves, although I think I remember you. I'm alec Nova, commander of the Supremacy. And this here's Vic, flight officer. Worst in the business."

Vic nodded. "And he's damn right about that, too," he chuckled. He turned to drink some more of his beer, pretending not to listen to the conversation.

Nova continued, "And you're Akuma, right? Yeah, I thought I remembered you. That Black Ops. Stint at Golgotha and such. That's right around the time I enlisted. Heard you resigned from command right around then, too. What'cha been up to? I'm damn sure you've had more goin' for you than me."

[ooc]

I love inconsistent writing styles. Half the time, I come up with an idea, write it down, and then when I'm typing it or something, I'm in a completely different mood, and add parts and revise crap, and suddenly, all my posts seem to be written in a different way. Yes, I feel like ranting a ton right now. Talkative. Blah. Etc.

mmm....mountain dew.

[/ooc]

[and again]

Yeah, and sometimes I feel like getting in Nova's head, sometimes I don't. And half the time, I'll change my idea of the post when I'm at the end of writing it. lol.

[/ooc]

[OOC] Hahahaa! Aw man you guys are great! Good to see your back in the action if only 30% Bladsey pooh! Now if only we could get Rattler out and about ne? Dude! Where's all the insurgents?![/OOC]

Akuma listened to him quietly taking a drink of her tea which she had brought with.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves, although I think I remember you. I'm alec Nova, commander of the Supremacy. And this here's Vic, flight officer. Worst in the business."

Vic nodded. "And he's damn right about that, too," he chuckled. He turned to drink some more of his beer, pretending not to listen to the conversation. Akuma watched him take a swig of his beer before readverting her eyes to Nova as he spoke again.

Nova continued, "And you're Akuma, right? Yeah, I thought I remembered you. That Black Ops. Stint at Golgotha and such. That's right around the time I enlisted. Heard you resigned from command right around then, too. What'cha been up to? I'm damn sure you've had more goin' for you than me."

Akuma's eyes shifted and turned to stare into her mug. "Well...After handing in my resignation with Blades...And then well, talking to HQ...We came to an agreement that I would be a sort of an ambassador between Galcom and the Insurgents. It's really complicated." She feigns a smile and takes another sip of her drink.

"I haven't seen Foss, Blades or even my Uncle for so long I'm beginning to wonder what I'm doing in this position. No missions yet, it's too quiet." She turned her eyes back to his and offered a feeble smile. "But what's a girl to do huh? Guess all I've got going for me is a nice cozy suite here in Orion."

[ooc]It's amazing to see that like, 8 threads below is already more than 1 year ago. The only two words that came up to describe it were "SO DEAD!" And it feels good to have some freeform RP instead of that pre-canned "we already have this scenario in place" stuff. Okay. Stopping the rambling.[/ooc]

"But what's a girl to do huh? Guess all I've got going for me is a nice cozy suite here in Orion."

Nova noted the irony and similarities of their situations. Their decisions looked better at the back of their minds. On one hand, you had the mercenary who needed to take out some vengeance on plainly out there and wanted to join GalCOM to best do it. On the other hand, you had the young woman who was too deeply involved with so many people on opposing sides, who just wanted it to stop.

So I'm not the only person who's having second thoughts now, am I? We get what we want, and then we figure out it's not really what we want. But we did kinda drag ourselves into signing up for these positions... *sigh* We got what we wanted, at least?

Heh. At least I've got someone who I can actually talk to who's kinda feeling something of the like.

"So... I guess I'm not the only one who's feeling second thoughts about changing around."

He took another drink of tequila and finished off what was left in the small glass. Maybe he could indulge himself in drinking it away... When was the last time he'd gotten himself plastered, too? Hm... Bleh. Too long ago..... On second thought... He decided he'd had enough. He put the glass down and declined another.

"Haven't seen Blades in a while? I heard some rumors going on that he's been stuck sorting out some bureaucratic political crap at HQ. The guy's slick when it comes to that stuff. Hopefully he really hasn't been doing that crap all this time, but you know... That Golgotha story was kinda suspicious when it happened."

Yeah. He's as slick as you. He's just damn lucky half the time, and you know that because you've got the same thing in you.

Well..... Yeah, of course.

"Life hasn't been quite as good as it's supposed to be. You know, with me getting a command, and you getting your diplomatic stint. I dunno. It's not what I really feel like doing, at least. I feel like I've missed something. You know?"

"So... I guess I'm not the only one who's feeling second thoughts about changing around."

Second thoughts? Second thoughts?! Like hell I'm going back to commanding what with... Nova's words cut off her own thoughts.

"Haven't seen Blades in a while? I heard some rumors going on that he's been stuck sorting out some bureaucratic political crap at HQ. The guy's slick when it comes to that stuff. Hopefully he really hasn't been doing that crap all this time, but you know... That Golgotha story was kinda suspicious when it happened."

Akuma almost laughed...Almost.

Guess he deserves to know the truth now that everything is over and done with... She smiled and took a deep breath.

"Life hasn't been quite as good as it's supposed to be. You know, with me getting a command, and you getting your diplomatic stint. I dunno. It's not what I really feel like doing, at least. I feel like I've missed something. You know?"

"To tell you the truth Nova, I don't miss being in command one bit. I hated commanding a battlecruiser. It was tiresome, tedious...Well...I'm sure you know all about my suicide attempt hmm?"

She stands up slowly. "To tell you the truth I'm very happy being here in my 'diplomatic stint' as you would call it. Like hell I'll ever fight again. There's nothing suspisious about the Golgotha mission because it was my fault that the whole damn thing started."

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "This may be a downer to you Nova, but I'm very happy...Really..." She turned away only to see Blades hovering outside the doorway arguing with himself. as usual.

Deciding that the night was getting older she made for the exact door Blades was ghosting around...

[OOC]Annnnnnd take it away Blades!

P.S. Love ya Nova baby! [/OOC]

[RP]

"Karl!"

Uh oh, this cant be good. Damned plexiglass, how come I didnt notice that logistics had replaced the door? And why the hell did it have to be transparent?

Savage resisted the temptation to turn around and run like hell now his cover had been blown, and instead stood perfectly still and looked up as Akuma approached.

"Ah, good evening Akuma. It's been a while."

Smile damn you, smile!

Akuma Minako, former commander of the GCV Tenchi gave the Fleet Commander one of those looks. "What are you doing?" she asked.

Savage wrestled with that for a moment. "Um, smiling?"

Akuma blinked twice and ever so slightly shook her head. "No, thats not what I mean. What are you doing hovering around the lounge door trying not to be noticed?"

"Ah ..."

Thats right, it's time to come up with a brilliant excuse to disguise you obvious awkwardness - dazzle her with a deft quip, or bowl her over with some heroic tale about a mission you never really went on with people you never actually met. That'll do for a distraction!

"... I was ... admiring the new door. Lovely, isnt it?"

Akuma sighed, grabbed the reluctant fleet commander by the forearm and dragged him into the Orion Lounge.

He didnt resist, although he couldnt quite understand why. Once again, Akuma was being impulsive, totally disregarding protocal or formality - perhaps even run of the mill common sense - and dragged him up to the small gathering of officers she was previously talking to.

"Look who I found." she said matter of factly to the crowd.

Savage looked up and offered a weak smile. "Hi there. Hows it going?"

[/RP]

[ooc]Okay.

In my post above, it wasn't really "second thoughts" I had in mind as much as a "do I really belong here?" kinda mind frame. lol. At first, at least.

Oh great. I'm already losing my ability to make sense. [/ooc]

"This may be a downer to you Nova, but I'm very happy..."

Akuma stopped and stared at something past Nova. He turned to see a familiar figure standing at the door, looking around. Before he could even open his mouth, Akuma was halfway there.

Well, you screwed that one up nicely. You really do suck at small talk, you know?

Yeah... Don't rub it in.

He stared at the figure again. The face was coming to him.

Blades... What the devil.

It was playing out like a bad hidden camera show. Bad things were rigged to happen.

Akuma walked in their direction, pulling Blades by the arm.

Blades, though offering a weak smile, had the look on his eyes as if to say "What the hell am I getting myself into?"

"Look who I found."

Blades turned to Nova and Vic. "Hi there. How's it going?"

Great. What do I do now? Oh yeah.

"Hey," Nova replied friendly.

You suck at small talk. Make it sound bold but clean. Short but smooth...

Well...

"Well, if it isn't Big Bad Blades," Nova said, raising his arm in a half-salute, half-wave sort of fashion.

Not what I had in mind, but...

"Where've you been these days? No one here's seen ya in weeks," Nova said.

...at least your rolling without the b**ching.

[ooc]Lol. I was sure I put in a mental note about sucking at small talk in the other post. I guess I took it out when I thought it sounded wordy. Or something. Hell, I'm way too wordy. [/ooc]

Smyth had tried his best not to listen to the conversation beside him but somethings are almost impossible to do. He had thought he had recognised the young woman sitting in the corner when he entered the bar but in his current state of mind he did not have the capacity not concentration to work out who he had been looking at.

He had been content to drink and let his mind wander and try his best to ignore the conversation beside him. But now he looked around to see who the woman, who's name he still could not remember, dragging Blades into the bar. James stiffened as he recognised Blades, not that he knew Blades in any way but he reacted the same whenever he saw FC Tac when he was at Wraith HQ aswell.

He settled down slightly as Blades joined the conversation at the bar and returned to his drink staring intensely at the mirror behind the bar.

Guest Grayfox

ooo can i play???

[rp]

Jaeger entered the lounge and thought to himself "wow theres a few bodies in here tonight..."

he slowly trods past the group in front of the bar, takes a seat near the far end of the counter and summons the "bartender". "hey gimme a boilermaker". As he watched the mechanical bartender go through the movements Jaeger couldnt help but think "are we this far gone where we cant even have a flesh and blood barkeep???"

he thought for a second then yelled at the machine again, "on second thought belay that. just give me a mug of drecks, a shot glass and the whiskey bottle. ill do it my damn self..."

as the bartender ported over the goods, Jaeger was starting to overhear part of the conversation taking place behind him... something about second thoughts... something hes had plenty of. he turned around in his bar stool to look at the people talking, and noticed a rather attractive looking female officer talking with a male officer and someone who looked an awful lot like the Fleet Commander stood off to the side with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"hmmm" he thought "i have no idea who the woman is, but im guessing shes talking to Commander Nova... thats who he looks like anyways... never met the kid. And i can swear thats the FC standing right next to them... oh well im off duty, and he looks like someone just ran over his puppy. no sense in making a big scene by announcing FC on deck"

he turned around and saw his ingredients on the bar before him. he carefully measured out a shot of whiskey, dropped it into the beer mug, and took a long pull almost emptying it. that really hits the spot, he thought. ever since JJ cut him loose to "firm up" the ranks, 15-20 hour days were commonplace. he needed this bit of off duty time to relax. "gotta keep the edge sharp" he chuckled to himself, and his marines were the very tip of the spear. right now they were resting up from an intense 60 day field exercise down on the surface of centris. he was actually surprised to not see a few of them here after duty.

as he finished off the rest of the boilermaker he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. "if there could be a more horrid creation of the flesh, i dont know what it could be" he thought to himself. he never was a handsome man... even when he was young. the scar running from the right side of his forhead down to the right side of his jawbone, his short cropped salt and pepper hair, and obligatory eye patch merely accentuated the fact.

"why do i do this to myself???" he thought as he subconsciously traced the scar with his finger, briefly remembering those who did it... and those who took the most valuable thing in the world to him away for good...

"goddammit jaeger!!! snap out of it" his inner voice screamed at him, "youre a combat soldier. youve seen death and dealt it out firsthand. youve got a salad bar that would make these guys jealous, and now youre goona whine about a piddly lil scar and a loss of life??? WAKE UP!!! everyone loses someone special at one time or another in their life.. why should you be different. now snap to, and square your ass away!"

he knew the voice was right... he motions to the barkeep to refill his mug, and he made himself another boilermaker, all the while listening to the conversation taking place behind him... "funny how she sounds like my mother used to" he chuckled to himself.

"well..." he thought, standing up and taking the last pull off his mug, "better hit the rack... gotta get with the company 1st sergeants and check out their training evals tomorrow, and i gotta remember to put in that request to talk with the FC when he gets a spare moment...i havent met him yet, and i need to intorduce myself. but now i dont think is the time... for either of us"

[/rp]

[ 04-11-2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

Akuma feeling satisified that she'd made it throughly aquard for him crosses her arms smugly and grins. "Yeah, Blades, where HAVE you been hmmm?"

[ooc] Sorry so short I'm setting up my birthday party for tonight. (Don't know why I'm throwing my own b-day party but meh!)[/ooc]