Indie Chat Pt. 2

Guest Shingen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

I've decided to kill the current RP and restart it. The story as I had it imagined will no longer work since I've changed castes to Terran/Raider.

I plan to re-write the RP to reflect this change, so anyone that has the power, please delete the RP thread The Death Merchants

Thank you.

Guest Shingen

Because RP is about Role playing your BC character in story form.

Now that I've changed castes from assassin to raider, the story just won't work, thus the current version will never be finished.

Guest Shingen

OK.

I will be starting the new indie RP within a few hours/days.

Please, anyone who has the ability to roleplay/write please participate. It doesn't take alot of time and it's goddamn time we had a good BC RP going!

Guest Shingen

I'm going to spend some time tonight to flesh out the details, between rewriting my BC3K/BCM/UC website that now has to to Terran/Raider as well.

Yeah, Shingen loves this stuff; and he's been around so long (though we had a falling out at one time or another), he's practically a fixture in the furniture.

Anyway, if the storyline is good, I might join in.

Guest Shingen

So far..here is the premise:

The year is 3030 and the Gammulans still have yet to force a way through the Lanix V bottleneck.

The Terran Insurgence in Antis have kept them contained, along with a Mandorian uprising on the planet Hadar9, plus they are having problems financing their military since the Radine deposits on Rinaal have become depleted.

The Valkerie have proven useless to the Gammulan High Command, as they tend towards being unstable and untrustworthy. Thus the Gammulans have turned to the Terran/Raider caste for operations inside the Terran quadrant.

Through covert intel, The Gammulan High Command has learned that a lone Droidian merchant has obtained a single R.A.N.D.O.M. device discovered in a crashed GalCom MK3 carrier on Tarean.

The Gammulan's plan is to aquire the R.A.N.D.O.M. device through covert means and deploy it on the planet Earth, thus destorying GalCom's infrastructure and breaking the back of the alliance.

GalCom also knows of the lost R.A.N.D.O.M weapon, and they know that it didn't contain a decoder. They don't, however, know who found the weapon.

The story begins with the Droidian merchant discovering the crashsite of the GalCom MK3 and the R.A.N.D.O.M. device.

[ 06-17-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

On second thought, between putting together the significantly changed EarthCOM Alliance Structure and working on a story of my own, I'm booked! Later on, I might be available to work (or, should I say, RolePlay) on your story.

In the meantime, Shingen, I have sent you a PM outlining my concerns. Have fun, guys!

SC, [rp]blow this Raider out of the sky![/rp]

• 1 month later...

Note: Some further discussion has taken place in Devil's Hand Raiders ┬╗ Raider RP.

I now have some time to contribute to The Death Merchants story. Shingen, I'll start with an explanation of how the Starion crashed on Tarean (as indicated in the story's first post).

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Quazar:

Note: Some further discussion has taken place in
┬╗

I now have some time to contribute to
story. Shingen, I'll start with an explanation of how the Starion crashed on Tarean (as indicated in the story's first post).

It was a BCMKIII that crashed on Tarean with a R.A.N.D.O.M. device in it's hold.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

It was a BCMKIII that crashed on Tarean

Correct.

The Battlecruiser carrier types are:

[*]MKI: Constellation class

[*]MKII: Galactan class

[*]MKIII: Starion class

We have the class type (e.g. MKII) and the class name (e.g. Galactan). However, the term Starion hasn't been used on the forums since December of 2001. If this is because the BCMKIII now has either (1) a different class name, or (2) no class name, then I will modify what I have written (on my own machine) thus far.

quote:

with a R.A.N.D.O.M. device in it's hold.

Given that the R.A.N.D.O.M. device is indestructible in SinglePlayer, this attribute may have some carry-over into RolePlay. This would explain why the artifact survived such a crash as I will describe in my upcoming post.

Once I secure permission to use one or more characters based on real Players, I will post about the crash plus the skirmish in the Mars region.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Shingen

I really would like to finish The Death Merchants, but I doubt I could get everyone back together to finish it.

Zane, you got time to RP? You were going to be the linch-pin to the phuckin whole story.

Sorry, Teckno.. I can't post or reply to PMs yet. I guess I'm still in the doghouse.

No sweat brother. Boy, you and SC go some rounds huh? Sorry, kind of a n00b comment. I'm still getting familiar with the movers and shakers here. I'll read up on The Death Merchants and see some more of your style. May have a question or two down the road.

Guest Shingen

In truth, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derek, and though I enjoy the sparring sessions we have from time to time, I would hope that he knows it's all in fun, and it isn't personal in the slightest. UC may have flaws, but it's still the very best space-sim on the market.

I've been having some freetime of late (it's just too damn hot to do much of anything), so I'll prolly be starting a new RP soon. Something different this time.

3000AD is due for a good RP.

On a side note, you might also want to check out The Independent Way and also Part II of the story.

Part 3 was lost in the void of the internet.

Guest Shingen

Just curious... but who's up to participate in a new indie RP?

If noone wants to play, I'll just confine it to a single-player story.

quote:

who's up to participate in a new indie RP?

I am interested, Shingen, and have been following this topic for the past week or so. I might be able to find the time to post once or twice in your story. Can you post your plot in this thread?

Guest Shingen

Possibly.. If I could get two or three people wanting to RP, I've got a prettying good RP story formulating.

I can't send PMs, so most of the legwork would have to be through email, or this thread...