My own story

I started a Roam campaign in a Sentry-class ship, and I decided to actually make up a mild background for my crew and write about and expand upon their adventures as they go along. The story depicts them all as very talented in what they do, but complete newbs to doing it in space. Let me know what you think (and if there are any discrepancies between my story and the UC universe). They've just started out, and I intend to continue playing it, but writing the story as I go along takes effort so if nobody's reading it, I don't want to waste my time writing it. So have a look-see!

It's in .doc format, you can find it here.

It is evident that you are a skilled writer. I would suggest a couple of things:

First, if you have a friend who has been in the military then consult with them on the accuracy of your character interactions.

Second, your narrative sounds like an almost carbon copy of your UC exploits with some character dialogue thrown in for good measure. In this case, a more military procedural flavor in ship operations and crew performance would help. You are also in need of a more cohesive narrative as opposed to a string of in game events on paper. Use your in game adventures as inspiration rather than rote story. I think that you will see the possibility of the story affecting your game play also. Any good story has a protagonist and antagonist. Go to areas in the game that will give you a challenge and a defined enemy. Use your creative license to build a compelling tale and your game as merely source material.

Sorry, I didn't expect this to be more than a few lines. I will say again, you are skilled with words and I will be checking back from time to time to see how this story matures.