Very Angry Indeed...

Guest aramike01

Gentlemen:

Aramike contacted me a while ago. He will be unavailable for awhile while he goes to take care of business pertaining to matters previously discussed.

He has seen all the replies and gives thanks and appreciation for all the replies everyone has given. I'm sure we will continue to support him in anyway we can.

Charles W. Lindsey

phoenix8.gif

We Shall Arise From The Ashes

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 04-19-2000).]

Mike, I am so sorry and really feel for you and your wife.....My deepest condolences.

Look to God for strength, for no bad deed goes COMPLETELY unpunished.

I am here for you, drop me a line anytime.

Greg

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest Abomonog

Even though I am Technically from an enemy camp (I came from Relic on another errand)

I have also lost loved ones to a drunk driver. In My case it was a Childhood friend with whome I had grown up with who was killed by a drunken Cop. I send My best wishes and Prayers your way.

BTW: I used to live in FT. Atkinson and have friends and family there so I'll have to keep up on weather they caught the guy.

The saddest part is that the driver will only

get a minimal Prison sentence. (Drunk drivers aren't a big deal to law enforcement any more)

My condolences to yo Mike. However, there is another venue of approach that ye may wish to consider. I will only say this - remember what the victum's family did to an obviously guilty defendant, that was found not guilty via trial by jury in Los Angeles several years ago. The same defendant lost in a civil suit.

Guest aramike01

Members of the BC community,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone one of you for being so kind and sympathetic. Never have I seen such kindness to, in essence, a total stranger. You guys make this all more than just a game. And you wonderful people are why I keep coming back for more.

Gallion: Plans for a civil lawsuit are already underway. Unfortunately, the man you are refering to had something to give. The man we are fighting has nothing. Not even a dime of insurance.

I only hope he is stripped of dignity.

For a murderer has none.

Anyway, thanks again. I appreciate this more than anyone could possibly imagine.

-Mike

Guest Commander Hamblin

Anything I say would already have been echoed here before, so I just won't say anything, except that you have my deepest and heartfelt condoloences on your tragic loss.

Mike,

I'm so sorry for you crushing loss. No one can imagine the numbing cold that must darken your life with this kind of permanent tragedy. The incapacitating helplessness and emptiness you probably feel will ease with time, and healing of the soul will occur, even if we don't see how a wound like yours could ever lessen. The love you experienced and shared with these people, however, will never be again, and that finality will not change.

Thanks for allowing us to share your grief, and the implicit message of ethanol and automobiles.

Rick Hoover, M.D.

South Bend, IN

Oh sh!t! This is terrible! I'm extremely sorry for your loss Mike. Losing one member of your family is bad enough, but five, it can't get much worse than that. After reading your posts, i've made a vow to myself not to drink ANYTHING, not a single drop, if i'm going to be driving that day. I would never want to become the drunk driver who prematurely ended five lives and caused unimaginable suffering to many others. My thoughts and condolences are with you and your family...

Guest aramike01

I'd like to give a quick update, it you all don't mind.

The Dane County DA upped the stakes in regarding this case, this morning. The driver of the vehicle will not be charged with "Operating While Intoxicated". Rather, he is facing 4 counts of 2nd degree unintentional homicide which, if I'm interpreting these documents correctly, carries a maximum sentence of 12 years in prison for each count.

Maybe this will keep alcohol out of someone's hands.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Sorry for your loss aramike. I lost my father to an alcohol related problem when I was young and when I first started driving I crashed my car and almost killed my consin and myself the first (and only) time drove after drinking. I don't belive that there is enough education about drinking and alcohol in wisconsin and blow I have listsed some sites in case anyone else would like to learn more about the dangers of drining and driving

Wisconsin has the bigest drinking problem that I have ever seen in all the states that i have lived.

Although it is too late to do much help for aramike you can still try to stop drunk driving.

1998 alcohol-related statistics for Wisconsin

All traffic fatalities: 714

Alcohol-related fatalities: 302

42.2 % Alcohol-related

Statistics from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

The centurycouncil trys to educate people about drinking www.centurycouncil.org

MADD's (mother's aganst drunk driving) website is www.madd.org and in wisonsin it is www2.powercom.net/~maddwi

This is the Wisconsin Highway Safty Partnership page http://danenet.wicip.org/wisms/index.htm

National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Coalition at www.3dmonth.org

Here is a link to the Wisconsin state Statutes. There is not much in here that

I found about alcohol. www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/Statutes.html

Guest aramike01

Wisconsin's high fatality rate due to impaired driving can probably at least somewhat be attributed of this state's mass production and marketing of alcohol, accompanied with a relatively small population and clear roadways.

Fact: The city of South Milwaukee has the highest tavern per population ratio in the world. On top of that, they have the most taverns per square mile in the world. This is according to a recent (within a couple of years) study that I've seen somewhere.

The good news is that the speed limits within the city are extremely low.

The bad news is that the city is so small, people are back in Milwaukee where the speed limits raise in no time.

Fact: Our local baseball team is the Milwaukee Brewers.

Fact: Their new stadium is named Miller Park.

Fact: The city of Milwaukee happens to be home to several major brewing companies. Also, several regions west have the same, including one in Dane County.

Fact: Within the last 5 years, microbreweries have cropped up state-wide at a tremendous rate. The increase since 1995 is ten-fold. Especially in the Milwaukee and Madison area.

I could go on for several hours about this sort of thing. However, JoeyGuppy put it wonderfully:

quote:

Wisconsin has the bigest drinking problem that I have ever seen in all the states that i have lived.

That's just the way it is.

Fortunately, lawmakers are well aware of the problem. Yet the achilles heel to it all is that someone has to break the law in order for police to enforce the law. And by the time the law is broken, someone may already be dead.

So it comes down to adults acting responsibly. They have to actually participate in being adults. Teach your kids, teach them well. Practice what you preach.

And, don't think that a quick drive while intoxicated won't hurt anyone. Those roads out there are public.

Other people are using them as well.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Mike,

I am very, very sorry! I know, that reading your story this late, and telling my condolencenes, is even more late... redface.gif

Nebertheless, I just want to tell you that I simply do not know what to say in a moment like that. May your beloved family rest in peace! (I really hope they do!)

Yours sincerly,

Thomas

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 04-25-2000).]