..And in other news, hell has frozen over!

Parias

Yes people, hell HAS frozen over, either that or the world will horribly explode sometime in the near future...

For those of you hiding under a rock, Daikatana (or as I call it, Delaykatana) has finally smacked it's gold date. What could this possibly mean for the world? I'm not entirely sure, since the server I'm nabbing the new demo off of is going hellishly slow.. but we shall know soon enough if this infamous game is worth the hype or not... stay tuned for my nutty first look smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

So, wanna know if you guys should download that hefty 102 meg demo? Whelp, here's my thoughts..

It's... interesting. For one, I'm instantly swatting off some marks because they opted to use a "save crystal" system for saving your games, meaning you can't save anywhere you like. Now, in an FPS game, I just pretty much find this unacceptable.. damnit, if I want to save somewhere, then I'll save!

The graphics look pretty good, but it's nothing exactly jaw-dropping. I've seen it all before already.. they provided too little, too late.

As for the gameplay? Well, it's your average fare from what I've seen so far.. you run around and kill stuff. Wheee.

So what's the verdict? Well, if you're REALLY curious, check it out, but if you're bandwith impaired or just don't have the time for a big download, avoid it. It's nothing really revolutionary, and I've quite frankly had more fun playing through Freespace 2 31 times.

(Okay okay, so Freespace 2 is a space sim, but hey, it's my quickie damnit! smile.gif)

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

ummmhmmmahhhrhhh ....okay...burrrbbbbbpppp

Thanks for the heads up Parias(Yeah, correct sp! Hurrayyyyy!)

May be off topic but it's (DEMO)Related, so i will just post it here. I'm about to download Tachyon The Fringe. I will put on my cloak and dagger, it's time to investigate(sp?What the hell, it's late, and I don't feel like walking across the room and get the dic) the competion. I will report all my findings first thing tommrow. SP out!!!

Well, what do you expect from a game that has been delayed since the dawn of time?

I for one will not D/L that demo. At my slow-as-hell-my-God-a-slug-could-go-faster-than-this speed of only 33.6, It would take me until I'm 40 to download the dumb thing smile.gif

Phish, if you like space shooters at all (I'm insane about em) you'll like Tachyon smile.gif I found it to be a pretty damn quality game..

Heh, believe me Will, you'd probably have more fun blowing an hour downloading pr0n (but then again, who wouldn't? smile.gif), because like I said, if you've played any up to date FPS game, you've seen everything here before.

I still can't get over their "Save crystal" decision... *shudders*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

If you want another look at the game, try here. This sums up my feelings pretty nicely (aside from the installation probs, which gave me no trouble) smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews