RPG's

This is a little off topic but I read a post a few days here about people playing more than one genre and how RPG's were the most immersive next to the space sims. I was wondering does anybody play any PC RPG's like Baldur's Gate and anything related? The closest thing to a PC RPG for me was system shock 2 and that was mainly action mixed in with RPG. Is Baldur's gate any good? Never played it but so many people said it was one of the best RPG's out there because it uses the famous AD&D rules. Also does anybody here play pen and paper RPG's? The best P&P RPG I ever experienced was Shadowrun which is a futuristic RPG kinda like the Matrix but way better. This P&P should ultimately be turned into a computer game. Well that's my take on RPG's.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

Deus Ex baby. All the way.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

*sheepishly peers around a busted crate*

I like the Final Fantasy series...

I've always had a special place in my heart for console RPGs. Final Fantasy on the NES was my first, so I hold that high above everything else. I also enjoyed Baldur's Gate (booty smackin'), Fallout (phunkalicious), Fallout 2 (also phunkalicious), System Shock 2(bad as hell jusk like my man Sam L. Jackson), and Diablo (it was fun, so sue me!) wink.gif

I'm also looking forward to Anachronox and Deus Ex, which I hope will both kick some major behind. Hopefully they won't follow in the path of Daikatana (which, incidentally, wasn't bad, just very unoriginal.)

Uh, RPG? Does Diablo fall under that category? Right now I'm playing through Vampire: Redemption. I'll hazard a guess thats an RPG :P

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Omnikron, Final Fantasy II, III, and VII, Diablo, Fallout, Betrayal in Antara, Might and Magic, Riven, Rifts, Dungeons and Dragons, Horizions, Asherons Call (But I quit, except for Forum rping), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Wars...Want anymore? And yes I find the time to play all of these....Not all at once though.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

Darklands, all the Final Fantasy games (man those are great storylines!) and Everquest (recent addict..HEEELP!).

Ultima Underworld II was also great.. to bad I never finished it, the dungeon graphics of the time made me sick after 20 minutes..and i mean sick as in I turned as green as the dungeon moss. rolleyes.gif

Guest r.fajuke

I tend to only buy RPG's nowadays due to my PC being too underpowered for anything else.

My favourites are probably Fallout, its sequel, Baldurs Gate, Grim Fandango, and the FF series. But the one thing i dont get is how MYST is one of the best selling PC games to date, it took about half a day to finish and you never spoke to anyone.

By the way is Vagrant story out in the US, if so what's it like.

[This message has been edited by r.fajuke (edited 06-21-2000).]

I play a bit of Medievia. It doesn't have much in the graphics department, but it is rich in its gameplay. Sort of like a "living book".

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Guest Kirk Stroiker

I only rp in rpgd.

------------------

Cmdr. Kirk Stroiker

GCV Flightstar, Genesis, Moon/Sol/TQ

1st Squad, Gamma Wing - Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Kirk Stroiker (edited 09-21-2000).]

Dabbled into P&P AD&D and Traveller in me younger days. Kinda partial to the Edler Scrolls series from Bethesda. Waiting for Morrowind next year.

Pool of Radiance looks promising. Will be interesting to play using new combat rules.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-22-2000).]

I played Ultima Online and recently Everquest a.k.a Evercrack and waiting for Ultima Online 2.

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Black Guard)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."