All quiet once again ....

Blades

Fascinating thread.

I'm a medical doc, but fortunately for you, not the kind you see very often. After I finished Med School, I went on into the speciality of Pathology, getting my speciality medical boards in Anatomic, Clinical, and Forensic Pathology. I'm a real life "Quincy", and also teach forensic medicine at the Univ. of Notre Dame here.

The autopsy skills come in handy on BC3000AD when trying to decide if a dead marine was taken out by one of those pesky intruders, or a jealous lover. You have to interpret the pattern of injury, yea, that's the trade buzz word, "pattern of injury". I like saying that,...(stares into space and drools).

------------------

Cmdr Doc Hoover

GCV JOHN PAUL JONES

"I will not fear death on the field of battle, for life is

but a dream from which we all must wake"

Guest manta

I'm working as technical manager for an ISP. Working 20 hours in a day. Sitting in front of a big network and trying to keep our customers happy. Responsible for everything counted as technical (Serves, Routers etc.) Have a very good team. We're making regular LAN parties at Friday nights (Quake II, TA, Diablo, KKND2).

That's my happy life. smile.gif

Gokhan ERKMAN

Just another 20th century slave here.

have worked in the concrete industry for now 10 years,finishing upwards of 20thousand sq ft slabs till like last night 4am this morning frown.gif,hope the boss gives me today off now smile.gif.

------------------

Rommel1999

If you wont do it!!Get out of my way,Cause i will!!

Hey folks,

I'm a freelance journalist, much like Parias. I cover the technology industry from top to bottom, but of course focus on games - I've been playing them since my father purchased a used Vic 20 for me when I was barely old enough to add. I basically choose a publication (online or offline...online is better, they need more material since they publisher frequently) and come up with ideas I think the editor can't possibly say no to and, hopefully, earn enough to meet the next mortgage payment. > IErik

I am a 27 year old Finnish student studying in Saint Cloud State University, Minnesota.

Ok let's see, I have worked selling computers and doing PC support for a big Finnish company. After that I was a medic in a Finnish army, and I still am part of the Rapid Deployment Reserves (the reserves that have to report in 48H to support the deployment of other reserves if something "bad" happens), and I sure would like to see how I am going to get to my unit in 48H from here smile.gif. After that I sold hot-dogs (don't ask) and decided to come here to US. I study Business Computer Information Systems. Right now I work as a Security Enforcement Officer for the St.Cloud state public safety department, and also code some software for the department (what a wierd combination smile.gif ). I love to play all kinds of computer games, I admit, I bought Diablo II. I read a lot of techno thrillers, sci-fi and some fantasy. I love Hockey and Formula 1 racing (GO Mika!). Expect to see me in the Minnesota Wild audience next hockey season smile.gif!

Harri

Guest kwasi

OK Blades, you asked for it...

I'm an IT professional who works for the corporation that creates, in an alternate reality, the HAL 9000 series computer. I am, what amounts to, a project manager (official title: Solution Architect) who leads teams who in turn create and install portal applications for various corporate clients. I makes sure the project has all resources in place and that it comes in on time and within budget. You have no idea how many machines there are between you and a mouse click... smile.gif

------------------

Commander Tarsus Wren

GCV Eye of Heru

Prime Fleet

S15 Staff Chief, Alpha Wing and CO Galcom HQ

"Nothing escapes the all-seeing Eye..."

[This message has been edited by kwasi (edited 07-18-2000).]

Heh heh! Thanx Rattler, it's great to be back! You let my secret out! Now I'll tell you the cause of my memory loss. Ya Ready?

"Old-Timers" disease (rhyms with alzhymers (SP?)) smile.gif

I hope to be less of a stranger.....

quote:

Originally posted by Rattler:

Well, I'm definitely impressed here gentlemen. That Notorious poster (ensign???) Major Havoc doesn't often post up here. He's one of the original Testers on this project.
wink.gif
Give him plenty of room Commanders and don't be fooled by that Newbie look!
cool.gif
He's forgotten more about this game than most of us have learned.
biggrin.gif

Nice to see you again Major, "Welcome Back!"

(Salute)

MH

------------------

- Major Havoc, Official BC3k Tester since 10/96.

- Commander GCV: Hell's Heart

- MajHavoc in online Games

- http://www.majorhavoc.com

[This message has been edited by Major Havoc (edited 07-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Major Havoc (edited 07-18-2000).]

Well, I'm a 16-year-old student from North Carolina, and my main hobby is anything to do with computers (I build 'em, fix 'em, use 'em, crash 'em... etc). I've been working with computers since I was three (no lie!) and I've done too many webpages to count.

I hope to get my first job this summer (don't know what) and make some money. My long term goals are to join the Air Force, have them pay for college, and make my living as a free-lance computer engineer/systems analyst/web developer/network administrator.

And, like everyone here, I love computer games. I hope I have a computer good enough to run BC:M when it comes out smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Wow, I bow respectfully to my ambitious, focused brothers (and cisterns) here. My professional cash-money resum├® includes such items as Programmer (C-Basic small business turnkeys on IBM System 23's, anybody remember those?), English Tutor, Armed Guard, Jazz Pianist and Arranger, Coffee Merchant, Tobacconist, IT Helpdesk Lackey, Major Motion Picture Pre-Production Lackey, Tourguide in Budapest, Winemaking Instructor; currently playing the role of Mr. Windows/Office Helper Guy at a well-known US insurance company. (Every few years it's time to reinvent. This behavior prevents that nasty disease called Wealth.)

So, yeah, of course, childless and always single. Never-Never Land has its ups and downs just like any place.

I'm mighty proud of the caliber of people I have the pleasure of meeting here. Great to learn just a bit more about y'all.

"If Knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable."

Anyways, I'm a High School student with a part time job as a lifeguard. And some of my favorite things to do includes computers. >Spectre Fleet

Pre-comm., Cmdr. Alpha Prime

ICV Dark Saber

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 07-19-2000).]

I'm brand new around here (but not to bc3k) so I'm hoping nobody minds me replying to such a great question.

Just recently passed 10 years time in service in the USAF. I fly as part of the mission crew on EC130's...that's about as much as I can tell ya smile.gif

Rattler--great to see a fellow Vet. Your background alone may be the final sign that I should defect to the Insurgency (btw, I haven't chosen any Fleet YET.)

------------------

Commander R.C. Young

UCV Inquisitor

Arcee, I know your EC's. I'm currently working with the Ground Pounder's best friends out of Florida. Our motto? "You can run but you'll only die tired!" wink.gif

From one Herc Bird Warrior to Another,

(Salute)

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Crazy after all these years!"

Been a collection attorney for 10 years. Spending so much time at BC3K that you haven't been paying your bills? Maybe the SC will let me foreclose on your Battlecruiser!

------------------

Cmdr. Greg 'Hosehead' Highnote

UCV Hosehead

"Be warned, or be Hosed!"

Well folks, I'm a retired behind the lines Recon grunt. For you that aren't familiar with that term, U.S. Marine Corps. Spent a little time over in French Indo China taking in the sights and grinning at all the pretty girls when they weren't trying to kill me. Came back somewhat normal and went into the Brockage business in New York. A little too tame for my first job after coming back.

To keep this short I'll list from here:

>Underwater Diving Instructor

>Owned,sailed,and lived on a 38ft. Cutter/sloop for 6 years

>Owned a Gallery and Frame Shop

>Sold Insurance

>Sold Perfume

>OTR Driver of 18 wheeler for 12 years

>Been messing with computers since they were only coded in binary.

>Troubleshoot and undo computer screwups

>Love sims and strategy games

Now that you all are bored to death, I can take over the space lanes smile.gif">...<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 07-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 07-20-2000).]

Dive Instructor aye? Cool... I'm taking Scuba classes right now for open water certification. Have some reservations about diving into the Pacific ocean for final certification (I'm originaly from Florida) but I'm having a blast learning it in the (HEATED) deep pool at the local school. =)

Good thread BTW.

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 07-21-2000).]

Off-shift Manger of Operations Dept for Mutual Fund Transfer Agency.... and Mommy.

Both titles are new, so I am glad I could share. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Echo

Spectre Fleet

Pre-comm., CSO. Alpha Prime

ICV Persephone

• 2 weeks later...