Spiking the charts..

Supreme Cmdr

SC-Posted my review and read abunch. These guys will never stop amazing me with their BS. If you can't play a game knock it is their way of defending their inabilities. I have played the game with little or no trouble after working with this forum and applying the patches. I am really happy to know that I am considered a young inexperienced gamer, I used to program games for my daughter back in the 80's. I never knew there were so many kicked off this site, your a bad person Derek >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

It's amaizing how low some people will sink. If they hate the game so much, then leave it be and forget it existed.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Its not about the game per se. Its about me. Its personal. I don't let them get away unscathed, by insulting me, like the other developers do (they have to suck it down because they answer to a higher authority) - I cuss 'em right back and move on. Boy, do they hate that.

Guest aramike01

Still got emails going back and forth. Nothing received today, but it's the weekend. I'll see what happens next week.

Hopefully they'll remove the "reviews" which have no basis and fail to actually review the game. Otherwise, well ... Parias, would you mind publishing another editorial? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Not at all Mike, send it my way and I'll probably post 'er up smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Guest aramike01

Outstanding. In a week from now, if the meaningless reviews aren't removed, I'll send a very nasty editorial your way regarding how unprofessional it is for legitimate information sources to allow such pointless rhetoric, especially after receiving a complaint, admitting to the flaw, and still refusing to do anything about it.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

The offending "Akira" post is gone last I looked. That one was pretty low.

As for the rest; eh. Ryu-dog was bogus. Pure loathing. What the heck is an unintuitive command? (I know what it means but not everything can be intuitive.) You are given a command sheet and learn them. Try MS Combat Flight Sim. That would be a fair comparison I think. Like anything on an airplane would translate to a keyboard. I don't like that game. Anyone want it?

Saw a few people give accurate reviews but they lowballed the score. Their opinion I suppose. Then there are a couple parodies that give straight fives. Hmmmm. smile.gif

Ya can't win. smile.gif Not only are they/we reveiwing the game but the reviews get rated. Notice how all the "bad" reviews are rated 3 and above while all the "good" reviews are rated less than 2? That is interesting in and of itself. Rattler is the only exception with a straight 2.

At least the offending Akira post is gone. I think the rest shouldn't be bothered with. My opinion only.

I suppose I'll be quoted on usenet now. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Guest aramike01

I don't agree. I think that any review that says that Derek forced them to go over there should be removed as well. Now, I know that no one in their right mind would think that's legit, but, it takes away from what should be a serious review site. Personally, I like PCGR. Great premise, it has. I just think it's management should pull their heads out of their arses and try the whole customer service route.

Anyway, I've never been known to settle. I've gotten the Akira review removed, and I'm working on the rest. As I said, I'm not too concerned with poor reviews. People have a right to their own opinion as well as the right to express it. Just a problem with the offensive, bogus reviews.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Same here, I sent a letter to Eric expressing just that. Everyone is intitled to their opinion, but it is a game review not a review of Derek. I have asked Eric to review the postings....Awaiting his response.

------------------

rgordon434

Guest aramike01

Thanks, Gordon. A lot of people don't realize that the pen (keyboard) is truly mightier than the sword.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Perhaps.. but I prefer to dip my sword in something (or someone) and write with it... muahaha! 2 birds in one shot. wink.gif

Now seriously, I do think that posts/reviews that are nothing more than personal attacks to the SC or anyone else should be removed, as they are not reviewing the game itself.

When the next BC game comes out, attitudes will change dramatically.

quote:

When the next BC game comes out, attitudes will change dramatically.

I doubt it. Its not about the game. Its about me. It stopped being about the game a long time ago. They just use the game as ammo because there's absolutely nothing else, tangible to use to attack me. Nothing.

I guess nobody noticed that the poll had been hacked? I got an ICQ from Aramike today and when I checked, lo and behold, they hacked the results from the poll server (not our server). I have contacted them and removed the poll from the site pages. Take a look at this

hacked poll results

Guest Commander Hamblin
mad.gif *******s. mad.gif

Makes you wonder why anyone would be so sad as to go to the trouble of hacking a poll! For crying out loud, don't they have a life or something?

I've recently had problems with people hacking some of my own polls on my other sites as well. I'm looking into finding a more secure polling system where jerk offs like these cant be disruptive.

Wankers the lot of them.

Yeesh, talk about being really bored.. I'll have to get my radioactive garden gnomes to steal Jeff K. for a bit so he can h@x0r into FBI files, get the names of whoever did this, and promptly smack them around a bit! chainsaw.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Guest aramike01

Update regarding PC Gamer Review-

I got word from Eric today that they have removed at least one review from their site.

He also stated that he'd be scrutinizing reviews closely tomorrow, so it looks like the detractors are going to have to find another avenue to be jerks on.

Thanks to everyone who emailed Eric, and everyone who supported this endeavor.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 08-01-2000).]

Sometimes ignorance is bliss....these guys have no idea how stupid and idiotic they look. too much wacky-weed in the back barn with the car running and now they have a tick up their butt and they cant get it out...

... maybe we could fix it with a cattle-prod....

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

Guest aramike01

Yet another update-

PCGR has definitely removed a good portion of the unfounded reviews found on it's site. At one point, there was as many as 47 reviews; now it's down to 39.

I'd like to ask everyone to go over there and give an honest rating to the reviews posted. That would also help tip the scale to a more realistic position.

Thanks,

Mike

Yep, I got a very nice and cordial email from Eric about this yesterday and today.

Regardless of the original fiasco, its good to see that they are upholding their polices.

Everyone be sure to send your thanks and thoughts to Eric for the effort. And no grandstanding either!!! Keep it simple and to the point.