Transporter Question

Gordon

I have a question. Does anyone know if BCM will allow transporting from ship to ship. The reason I am asking is because in version 2.09 when intruders board your ship and steal a shuttle you can do nothing about it except destroy it. I was wondering if in BCM you could send marines to take control of a stolen vessel and return it to your battlecruiser.

------------------

rgordon434

I don't know if ship to ship transporting will be supported (don't think so) but to avoid your craft being stolen, just turn off power to launch control as soon as intruders board your ship. they won't be able to launch and your marines will eventually find them. smile.gif

You have to chase down the craft and put it in a tractor beam to recapture it, I know cause I've done the same thing.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Thanks for the advice guys, I will give both a try. I usually launch all vessels (if they are manned) and take my chances in space. I did try the tractor beam at one time but was unable to get close enough to the shuttle for the tractor beam to engage. I tried to diable it but I destroyed it in the process. I still think that would be a great add to a great game. What do you think ?

------------------

rgordon434

Cool, this will be fun transporting marines to another ship in the heat of combat to wreck havoc. At least I think thats what you mean SC biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Just think of the possibilities of being able to transport marines onto a hostile craft. You would be able to sabotage or take over that vessel. I also like the fact that you can now recover a stolen shuttle which will save time and money when same would have to be replaced (if destroyed).

------------------

rgordon434

So when the marines are on the hostile ship, we can engage in FPS and take over the ship?

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

quote:

So when the marines are on the hostile ship, we can engage in FPS and take over the ship?

No. Its handled based on AI, just the same way its handled when hostiles board your ship. So, if you send 10 brain-dead marines over to a ship, you'd better have a letter composed and ready to send to their next of kin.

And no, you can't tell how many crew the target ship/station has or their AI levels.

As such, you can observe their combat status by simply observing the away team status window.

oh, btw, none of this in fully functional yet.

Are you considering control via a first person mode in the future releases ? I had played a DOS game back in the 80's that played exactly as you described in your post SC and it was just fine. Like you said you better send in some marines with a high AI if you expect to take over the enemy ship.

------------------

rgordon434

Hey Gordon, click the "Product Info" button on the main page, and read about battlecruiser millenium and 3020, those are the current plans for the future (including info about first person perspectives).

------------------

Cmdr. Xavier Knight

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Sygan StarStation

ICV Abaddon

"Nemo me impune lacessit"

I have read about BCM and BC3020AD, but I am talking about marines on board other ships. SC has stated that you will not be able to control them when you transport them to another vessel in BCM. I am aware of the first person control in a future release but as I understand it is for control of marines on planets and first person mode on your own ship. I am asking if it will also include your marines on hostile vessels as this will require quite a bit more programming.

------------------

rgordon434