Battle of the Titans

Commander Zeke Stone

Who do you think would win in a battle between the following characters if they were all programmed to destroy the others?

a. Kai (From LEXX.)

b. Angel (From Angel. He's a vampire with a soul.)

c. Data (From Star Trek: The Next Generation.)

d. Wolverine (From X-Men.)

I'm going with Kai.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

UCV Guardian - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

[This message has been edited by Commander Zeke Stone (edited 08-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Commander Zeke Stone (edited 08-18-2000).]

Oh god, I can just imagine a particular Commander poking his head in and adding "E: Captain Janeway" smile.gif

I personally would vote for the GTVA Colossus, or if not that big oversized 5-mile-long-ship, Marcus Cole from Babylon 5. But since I probably have to pick from the list, I'd choose................. C. He could probably stomp all over Wolverine and Angel (although that point is debateable.. you know how many times Data has lost his head). Kai would probably be a problem though..

Aw hell, I don't know. I'd still vote for the GTVA Colossus.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

ROTFLMAO @ Parias!!! Although, you are probably right. smile.gif

I don;t know, I might be inclined to go with Wolverine, those claws are just plain NASTY!!!

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Kai would win, no matter what. You can't kill him or destroy him. He's dead already! biggrin.gif

BTW, for those who haven't noticed, LEXX series is all centered around KAI. Man those Canadians sure got themselves a jewel of a series there!

Okay...Looking at the statistics

Angel and Data are out, my reasons are because they don't have any brute strength. Angel has morals which would stop him from killing the others and Data has none, making him go on numerous Suicide runs. Data has no real physical strength either.

Kai and Wolverine on the other hand do have attribute that make them very formidiable. Kai because he's strong, and shoots to kill with dead accuracy and Wolverine with his big claws.

I say Wolverine. biggrin.gif

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

I'm going with William Shatner (Captain Kirk)! He would have to win, and always does (probably because its written in the script). Remember, he met god and was unimpressed.. (Star Trek V). biggrin.gif

Oh, whats that you say? I have to pick from the above list!? Fine, then spoil my fun. smile.gif From the list I would choose D. Wolverine. Those "unbreakable" claws could sure tear Data to pieces.

------------------

"lord"David

Spectre Fleet

Pre-comm., Cmdr. Alpha Prime

ICV Dark Saber

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 08-17-2000).]

OH man, haven't you guys been watching Star Trek, If I have to pick from that list Data would win SO easily.

First of all where did you get that Data is not strong, he is an anroid and very strong.

I remember several episodes where used his impressive strength to do numerous tasks. The main reason why Data would win, is that he is also incredibly fast. None of the other chars could touch him because of his reflexes and quickness. Being dead wouldn't help at all, Data could dodge anything thrown against him and get close to Kai or anyone and rip them apart. Angel wouldn't be even a match. Wolverine would be more difficult because of the metal skeleton, so you couldn't rip his arms or legs off (lol), but I guess Data could just inflict so many internal injuries so fast that Wolverine could not heal them before dying. The danger to data would be the switch on his back that turns him off.

And finally, I'm not a trekkie per say, I like to watch it but I am in no way a fanatical fan or dress up like captain kirk.

I just stated the facts smile.gif

Very interesting topic I have to say, haven't had a discussion like this in, hmm.. let's say in 15 years(A tiger CAN kick lions ass and my dad IS AN ASTRONAUT, dammit!) smile.gif

Harri

Wolvie, definitely. He's got the military training, got the adamantium skeleton, heightened animal senses for greater surprise, battle skills unsurpassed by any human and a mean attitude which is the necessary trait to kill. Data stands no chance against Wolvie. He'd make perfect scrap metal for the claws. Read the comics and you'll know why harrimarkus. Also consider joining the insurgency ok?

------------------

"Be careful what you wish for."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Darkness

heh heh heh, seems I need to clear up a few things here. Akuma, you said Angel wouldn't kill because of his morals, well the question states that they would be 'programmed to kill the others', besides only Wolverine is actually 'alive'. Also like Harry said, where did you get the idea that Data is weak, he's aprox. 30 times stronger than a human. David, Wolverines claws aren't unbreakable, we just haven't found anything to break them, =). Parias, Kai has also lost his head many times, heh, he just calmly puts it back on, doesn't even need it to fight. Finally, the term 'Fanatical Fan' sounds a bit strange since 'Fan' is short for Fanatic, =). Just a little useful info I picked up, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of it.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

UCV Guardian - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

[This message has been edited by Commander Zeke Stone (edited 08-18-2000).]