Sadness

Pyros

*Sigh* another games company goes down, Cavedog who created my favourite forms of strategy has gone down, I don't know how or why but just like the loss of Looking glass technologies it makes me feel like we are loosing more and more of the ideas people and they seem to always be replaced by bean counters frown.gif.

As a game player it worries me, I see a future where mega corps like Hasbro publish only the formula games with accountants as production leaders.

Who can we blame, I do feel that piracy definetly plays its part in hurting the small guys.

I for one will miss these companies and wonder what great games would be created with them still around.

RIP Cavedog 1995 to 25th August 2000

I think the best epitaph is a quote from there own site:

"Cavedog Entertainment was created to explore interactive gaming and to create new standards of fun."

RIP Looking Glass

*salutes*

Let us remember their journey and feel their demise.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV Guardian - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

Indeed, all they did yesterday was post an update to their page.. heh

But still, it sucks to see this company go under, Total Annihilation r0x0rz my b0x0rz.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"In class, it's not raise your hand, ask if you can go to the washroom, then go to the washroom; it's raise your hand, ask if you can go to the washroom, go to the place where the toilets are, then go to the washroom."

-Ajax (Duckman)

Hey!!

If I'm going to make a mistake atleast I do it in style, only five months late wink.gif

Been off the net for too long just now finding out all the good news and the bad news.

Nod Parias, TA is still one of my favourite strategy skirmish games.

Personally, TA is my all time favorite game. BC is up there too, but TA is at the top. I don't think I've ever fired up a skirmish and not been drawn in to the battle that will soon rage on my computer.

Fear not my fellow commanders! The battle will continue to rage on! For all of you who still play TA, you can get all new units here

http://www.taucc.com/

90 plus units here. Just make sure you get the Tomcat. Nothing brings to fear of god to core vermin like the Tomcat.

Cavedog may be gone, but they left us with one hell of a game to remember them by. Too bad it was overshadowed by that POS Starcraft.

------------------

Commander Phased

GCV Indomitable

ICQ 125478

"Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die!"

Hot damn! I finally found the Yamato again.. HOORAY! Thanks for that link Phased, I'm keeping it handy smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"In class, it's not raise your hand, ask if you can go to the washroom, then go to the washroom; it's raise your hand, ask if you can go to the washroom, go to the place where the toilets are, then go to the washroom."

-Ajax (Duckman)

Thankyou Phased, just finished downloading them all, me and my sadistic core playing wife are going to be trying out all these units against each other tonight.

I am getting a little worried though I mean I've seen my wife destroy every car in carmagedon two, waste many a monster in Everquest, terminate many a player in UT with the resounding shouts of Headshot/Godlike/Ultrakill and the loving reception I recieved when she uncloaked behind me in klingon academy yelling DISRUPTORS FIRE!!, I just wonder do I really want to be in the same multiplay universe as her with her commanding a battle cruiser, I mean SC do you have any idea of the trouble she could cause smile.gif(especially after she looked through the screenshots and was commenting on the weaponry available).

Pyros, just get a squadron (12) of the Tomcats together and supprise the wife. Just set them on a patrol close to her, but out of range of the flak cannons, set your tom-kittys to fire at will, then turn to her and yell "GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!"

------------------

Commander Phased

GCV Indomitable

ICQ 125478

"Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die!"

Thanks, for the link. Even though I don't really play TA much anymore, I do try to keep all the units. Might even reinstall it if I ever make it out of this college alive frown.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.