Media abuse or threat?

Supreme Cmdr

This is good smile.gif

quote:

Last Tidbit On BCM

Posted on 2000-12-04 19:25:07 by Mortin Comments: [0]

Since I've got some time on my hands let me break down Derek Smart's Soap Box flame.

Clearly this guy never even read the FAQ which clearly has an entry for nVidia cards and which states If you have an nVidia video board (a) make sure you are running driver version Detonator 3 v6.47. Leaked drivers are NOT supported. Period (
B)
in the Direct3D section of the desktop Display Properties tabs, disable the feature described as: Adjust Z-Buffer depth to rendering depth if unequal

First, he didn't know about this, and didn't inform me until he posted it on his Soap Box. Secondly, this doesn't work, I tried it and the game still crashes - good try though! Umm.. am I the only one who spotted this? The 6.47's are leaked beta drivers. Yet, make sure you're running them. And by the way, they're not supported!

Anyway, he cracks me up. This will be the last post I will make on the subject, I have said my peace. He is going to sue me now, and I'll let the litigation take it's course. So be it.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Anyone notice the reason why Mortin's website went off line?

It was hacked and DoS'd. ROTFLMMFAO cwm2.gif

I posted my own comments in his little forum. My first and last post there by the way.

The web gives rise to any old Tom,Dick,or Harry's opinion. But opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, and most of them stink. Including mine sometimes. cwm1.gif But not in this case. I used the bidet.

cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

Cmdr H. T. Wolferz

GCV-Kentucky, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet - Beta Wing

Mortin is a sick man.

I just finished reading the first page of the "What the hell is with the RA2 review?" thread, the one right below the BCM one. He went through and edited almost every single post[i/] to make anyone who thought his review was a POS (everyone who posted except him)... you'll just have to see it.

This f**ker needs to go to a shrink or something! Cripes, he must[i/] be under ten to do sh*t like that!

(I apologize to all folks >10. Those of you who don't have massive egos and small minds are very nice people)

I'm sorry. I'm off topic. Not even BC. But...he seems like the same sort of person who go off and bomb churches!

Sue this @ss. Taking away his website would be a geniuine service to the human race.

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 12-05-2000).]

Hi all,

[Rant Mode: ON]

I sort of cringe when I see people refer to this Mortin dude as a journalist. As Aramike so nicely pointed out in his post on Apushardware.com, journalists have a certain level of integrity that must be maintained.

They don't take press releases and re-write, in one paragraph or less, the contents of said release. I recognize that there are now hundreds of sites out there doing this - hell, I love voodooextreme, personally - but the people running them should not be confused with journalists. They are merely people who managed to squeeze their names onto some PR person's media list, plain and simple.

Real journalists use press releases to stay up to date on what's happening. If a release seems interesting, a journalist will pitch their editor a story. They'll usually do an interview to get more details. They won't just repeat, verbatim, what the release says. Journalist's aren't in business to provide companies with free advertising - which is essentially what repeating releases does - they're in the business to provide information so the public can make informed decisions.

That's my two cents, I guess. Happy Holidays folks. wink.gif

[Rant Mode: OFF]

First off... Good one Mike you really stuck it to him with the facts. smile.gif

Just let me at this little puke, for I will give him something that his parents should have given him a long time ago...I will take him over my knee and paddle the crap out of him.

btw, I wish I could be in court for this it is going to be a good one. SC, any chance of getting it televised on Court TV??? biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 12-05-2000).]

Check this people, go read his front-page about some dude having problems with the software downloaded from his site.

He expects other people to not bother him by e-mailing him with problems because they

"our programs we offer to download are use at your own risk" and should "Just giving you all a warning before I get another letter like this ".

When it comes to him downloading BCM beta he dosen't read any warnings, dosen't car4e about anything, and he obviously sended S.C bunch e-mails. What a fool.

...erm, OK, maybe not biggrin.gif

http://www.gamers.com/news/441621

btw, I checked my orders database to find out when he ordered the CD-ROM and discovered that the info used for the order, was from a female with the same last name. So, am thinking mommy perhaps? Now that would explain his vehemence and behavior.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 12-07-2000).]

Like a fine stew, the plot thickens. BTW, how does Mortin stew taste? The SC will find out soon enough as he'll be eating Mortin for lunch, I'm sure.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!

Official BCM Beta Tester Team-5 Co-Leader

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 12-07-2000).]

Drat I am late to the party frown.gif

For what it's worth I am aquainted with John MacQueen from a mailing list. I quiried him about the affair (he is the person who runs Playnet's operations)and his response was.. well terse smile.gif Needless to say he was extremely unamused by this guy but playnet has a set or rules and conditions in place that protect the website's rights and their own.. this guy is tightening his own noose but Playnet needs to let him run out of slack before they kick open the trapdoor.

why does all the good, spicy stuff happen when im away? argh.

I think Derek should make a collection of such reviews and personalities... and then gloat and rub it in their noses once BC3K and its descendants enter the Gaming Hall of Fame. cwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gif

Yep. I heard back from the Playnet upper echelon last week. They apologised and indicated that he has been instructed to refrain from posting anything related to me or my products etc. Too bad I can't post the email. Terse doesn't even explain it.

I got emails from several other sites too. This guy is a train wreck. But, of course, he messed with the wrong person this time around.