What do you guys think about...............

J.Smith

OK, I'm thinking about getting an ATI Xpert 98 graphics card(I don't have the money for a Voodo 3 cwm23.gif )because I saw one pretty cheap. I was wondering about how it performs. cwm13.gif

------------------

Cmdr. J.Smith

GCV-Rosetta, Starbase Fenrir

Wraith Fleet/Marauder Wing

http://www.geocities.com/jsmit85

I don't know anything about this ATI, but I HIGHLY recomend the Voodoo 3. Mine cost about $100 bucks. A fair chunck of change, but highly worth it. The onboard 16mb of RAM does wonders. I highly suggest saving up a little while longer and getting one.

(Note: I do not work for 3dfx. I'm just in their pocket. biggrin.gif )

Guest Remo Williams

I own an ATI v-card with the same chip set as the expert 98 you dont want it go with the V3 the older ATI cards bite!! cwm14.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington, Genisis (MOON)

Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

For a little more you can get an ATI Radeon 32Mb. If you're lucky you can get a new one at e-bay for about $130. But, be warned, the drivers are not very good.

I don't know how this card compares to the V3, though.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

Well, my parents bought the card anyway cwm23.gif ,but so far it seems to work pretty well with my system. I,ve been playing WWII fighters and Sinistar:Unleased cwm24.gif BC3K works pretty good in 2D(Havent tried 3D)Oh well Thanks for the advice

------------------

Cmdr. J.Smith

GCV-Rosetta, Starbase Fenrir

Wraith Fleet/Marauder Wing

http://www.geocities.com/jsmit85

quote:

Originally posted by J.Smith:

Well, my parents bought the card anyway, but so far it seems to work pretty well with my system. BC3K works pretty good in 2D(Havent tried 3D)Oh well Thanks for the advice

BC3K will ONLY work in 2D mode for this card. For 3D acceleration, you can only use a 3dfx Voodoo type card.

eek.gif

Please plead with your parents to take the card back and get a better buy for the money.

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 12-07-2000).]

Agreed. Shove this entire thread in their faces and declare how much the card sucks ass compared to what you'll get with a Voodoo 3. Unless of course you're SATISFIED with the problems you'll have in all the different games, in which case, far be from me to stop you wink.gif

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews