Can you belive this...

J.Smith

Starting in January NetZero will start charging people who use their service for more than 40 hours a month cwm24.gif They say it will be in their new terms of service cwm10.gif . Oh well guess nothing is free anymore.

------------------

Cmdr. J.Smith

GCV-Rosetta, Starbase Fenrir

Wraith Fleet/Marauder Wing

http://www.geocities.com/jsmit85

Heh, I actually thought they would have folded under the pressure of adopting everyone elses failures.

Well, I have to say, I use to be a free internet user until freeweb folded. I do have a Bluelight account but don't use it anymore because of those annoying ad banners.

I will say, I am much happier forking over $20 a month to my local neighborhood ISP; heck, they even sent me a Christmas card, talk about customer service! eek.gif

I now am working on getting my wife to get rid of her AOL account and get an email box on my account. wink.gif

I truely believe that you get what you pay for.

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 12-23-2000).]

AOL, UGH!!! After they bought Netscape, I got scared, I used to LOVE netscape, Heed this warning, DO NOT Download the NETSCAPE 6.0, talk about SUCK!!! This piece of garbage is what I call a waste of hard drive, it is the most convoluted, misshapen, STUPID, (as in it is dumb!!) program I have ever seen.

I switched to explorer, and let me tell you, I was gonna rot in @#$% before I used explorer. Netscape was definitely rotting in #$%# for me!!!

Yes, support your local ISP, there aren't enough left!!! cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

Same thing here...used to use only Netscape, downloaded 6.0, said 'what the ****?', tried to stick it out for a while, finally admitted defeat and went crawling off to IE...It was such a terrible piece of human waste. I would start up my computer and hit the ground running: Winamp, ICQ, my MP3 folder, Netscape, whatever was working on at the time, queue up some songs, say hi to my friends, write a few lines of whatever...and then NS would pop up, and i would ask myself, 'what did i want the internet for agian?'...the thing was the slowest loading program i have ever seen. You couldn't right click on the address bar to copy or paste, you had to click links a dozen times in a row before they would finally open, it would randomly crash, even when it was just sitting in the background...and so, here i am, writing this post in (shudder) MSIE...the least worse (i can never call it the best) browser...

------------------

Commander Markus Korivak

GCV Norfolk (pending commission), ISSHQ (Saturn)

ISS, Defense Wing

ISS Fleet Defence Wing GCV Norfolk

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

I used several free ISP's... AltaVista, Lycos, then Address.com. It turned out AV and Lycos were both on 1stUp.com's service (which is now defunct). Oh, and my $10/mo. ISP went out of business without informing me. Talk about customer service. wink.gif

You know what else stinks about NS 6? JavaScripts that worked in previous versions will no longer work in version 6. Talk about backwards combatibility. :-o

I have no idea why I'm posting, look at the number of posts I've made... heh.

------------------

Robert Thomas Maxwell

GCV Desideratus

http://powerpub.net

"Leave the repairs to the techs. Leave the mass destruction to ME."

Netscape 6.0: What happens when morons have too much money.

Anything AOL is bad... bad...bad...

I VERY happily pay $40 something a month for my god-like cable modem and I am extremely happy with it.

"Godlike Cable Modem" Gotta love it, then I guess my 768Kbs DSL is Multigodlike!! lol

Yeah, gotta love megaspeed internet access!!!

Yes, AOL Sucks and now so does Netscape 6.0, ugh!!

But that was a good one Tac, oh and try uninstalling Netscape 6.0, good luck!!! cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

Yeah...the best way to get rid of any AOL product is a:format c:. They seem to have the belief that no user would ever want to get rid of their stuff, and so they make doing so accordingly difficult...

------------------

Commander Markus Korivak

GCV Norfolk (pending commission), ISSHQ (Saturn)

ISS, Defense Wing

ISS Fleet Defence Wing GCV Norfolk

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"