What games are everyone playing?

Guest rtoolooze

Guest rtoolooze

Just a poll to find out what games my shipmates are playing now, besides BC3K and BCM beta of course!

Always been a hardcore simmer myself, which is a big reason why I fell in love with BC3K. Anyway, here's my list:

1. BCM BETA, which takes up 90% AT LEAST!!!

2. Falcon 4.0

3. Nascar 3, (I race in online leagues)

4. Combat Mission (what a cool war game!)

5. Pacific War-the Matrix Project

6. Counter Strike (I know, simple, but a helluva lot of fun, I get a kick out of it!)

Thats about it, most other games that are out or are coming out have alot of glitz, but are just too weak and thin for me. Everyones afraid to make games that are deep. Guess there're looking for sales most of all.

Thank God for Derek Smart, Who has created the Grandaddy of all deep sims! Where would my life be without Battlecruiser. (what a horrible thought! cwm31.gif

Well, I would be playing BCM, but my CD hasn't come in yet (hopefully tomorrow). To occupy my time till then:

1. Mechwarrior 4

2. Space Empires IV

3. Starcraft

4. X-Wing Alliance

1. BCM beta taking up 95% of my playing time and loving every minute of it

2. Combat Mission Got an e-mail game going with a friend of mine, so I do one turn a day(rtoolooze if you want to setup a e-mail game I'ld be up for it, e-mail me [email protected])

3. Mind Rover I just picked it up a few days ago and have done the tutorials. I can tell this is a game I'm gonna get into when I have the time. It's a robot game that you design and program through a graphical interface(wiring). Check it out at www.mindrover.com

Once BCM MP starts I won't be doing anything but.

Once BCM is released it will take up most of my time.

I also got Diablo II for Christmas from my Grandmother. Don't know when I'll ever play it, let alone install it.

BCM has my full attention. Also I am trying to learn GBS which is taking up a good amount of time.

I'm glad you started this thread rtoolooze. I was thinking about starting up a similar one about games that have meat to them. I think the BC3K player wants more out of their games so I am interested in what kinda games everyone likes.

Two biggest games I'm waiting on behind BCM are Black & White and Neverwinter Nights.

[This message has been edited by Silk (edited 01-05-2001).]

I played Half life for a little bit, nice graphics and interface, but simple, Counter Strike is fun, but it crashes half the time so gave that up. Said the heck with and am playing BCM Beta exclusively!! No other games for me right now.

Although have always loved starcraft and Brrodwars!! maybe because my friends play it too and we get on and kick butt!!! that's it for me!!! cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

Guest --John Crichton--

Hmmmmm. Well

1)A good game thats the only other i really play is Imperium Galactica 2. Kinda like Master of orion 2, but a whole lot better.

3)Alien vs. predator is always nice if you want to be a little scared when you play.

3) oh im stupid and didn't get a beta, probably due to my lack of community involvement.

[This message has been edited by --John Crichton-- (edited 01-05-2001).]

1) BCM Beta

Will probably spend most of the weekend rubbing myself up and down the new patch.

2) ST:Command Volume II

This is pants. I was looking forward to the Dynaverse but it's not there just yet. Same as before but even slower in campaign mode.

3) Blair Witch Volume I

I dont tend to go for adventure/arcade (And by that, Im talkin Tomb Rader alikes) but this is actually quite good. Much better than the film anyway.

4) My girls.

'nuff said.

And now christmas is all over, it's back to being underpaid and unappreciated back at the office. Speakin of which, the boss is givin me a weird look .... must dash.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

In no particular order:

Am playing or recently (re)played:

* BC3K (plus a little GBS)

* Thief II -- best first-person game I ever played

* Redguard -- sole reason I keep my original Monster3D Voodoo 1 card around

* Total Annihilation

* Timeshock! Pinball

Will be playing:

* BCM

* Myst III: Exile

[This message has been edited by Joel Schultz (edited 01-05-2001).]

Guest tictoc

Hi guys, mine are:-

1.space empires4

2.bc3k

3.deus-ex (cause i like being sneaky)

4.descent3

5.forsaken

6.aliens vs predator (shhh, what was that noise? it sounded like...... aaarrrgggghhhh)

* BC:M Beta

* Planescape: Torment (Getting close to the end ...I think)

* Alice

* Giants (Played it to death when I first got it, now it's getting some down time)

* MW:4 (Just getting started, will prob wait till I finish the ones above, looks great though)

* Counter Strike Front Line Force

My friend and I where just discussing busting out our copies of Total Annihilation for a little more Krogoth action...

Mostly Silent Hunter, a WWII subsim for dos...great game, but because it's dos it's a pain in the ass sometimes...still can't get it to work with my cheap, POS, non-standard soundcard. Other than that, I'm waiting for BCM, Silent Hunter 2, and Black & White, in that order.

------------------

Commander Markus Korivak

GCV Norfolk (pending commission), ISSHQ (Saturn)

ISS, Defense Wing

ISS Fleet Defence Wing GCV Norfolk

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

I've been playing a lot of BCM. When I need a break from it, I play Combat Mission.

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 01-06-2001).]

The games I have (currently) installed (in no order) is:

BCM

Jagged Alliance 2

C&C: Tiberium Sun

Half-Life (and mods)

The games that I have "moods" to play are:

Mission Force: Cyberstorm

Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars

Shadow Company

Close Combat III

Homeworld: Cataclysim

Unreal Tournament

and a few others. biggrin.gif

One great thing about being in the Beta program is that I do not have the urge to go out and buy new releases.

1)BCM beta is getting almost all of my gaming time

2)X - Beyond the Frontier

3)Freespace 1&2

4)RTS games like Earth 2150, StarCraft and KKND2

To tell you the truth since the Beta program began I have not played #'s 2,3 & 4

Hmmm seems to depend upon what mood i'm in.

BCM beta

Diablo II

civ II

Messiah

Hitman

messing around in Freedom

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Guest Remo Williams

Well lets see haven't played much else since I received my BCM beta cd but heres a few still on my drive that I mess with every once in a while.

Deus Ex

Thief 2

Quake 3

Command & Conquer TS

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington, Genisis (MOON)

Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

I play 85% of the time at bc3k on my computer (an old onbe, still) and 14% at Wipeout XL. The 1% left is a VERY cheap motocross game : action supercross demo, or across.

I have a friend with top-of-the-line computers, and I play there 90% at Half-life opposing force (and also Jumbot, Scientist hunt and std mods), 5% at Bang Gunship elite (BGE) and 5% at 4x4 evolution oem version

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, for me it is:

Day Of Defeat for Half-life..

WWII mod- great fun but still in it's first beta.

BC3k, Forever and ever smile.gif

Aces High, H2H only.. Tac I think my brother was in your P-38 squad under Viking? Goes by K1llMe.

Close Combat III, Real Red makes this game for me- yet sometimes can be frustrating. Broke a keyboard once when a 100mm gun fired 3x missing a Tiger 600m away then the Tiger turned and blew it up frown.gif biggest problem now is the 2d map for a 3d world. The computer cheats like a mofo playing with LOS you can't tell.

Finally Tribes... the best FPS I have ever played... and the only reason I still have my SLI Voodoo2's.

Also on my harddrive is X-com UFO defense, PC-gamer gave away copies for free so hey? why not!

Venom Demo, Warbirds (play offline sometimes)

Sorrow, I have Close Combat III and I LOVE IT. Lets play some day, i'll introduce you to my special PIAT Gun Snipers biggrin.gif"><P>You're KIDDING ME! Viking STILL is in my squad! Give him my regards, he's a great pilot. Flew with him 2 days ago, talk about a small world smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 02-01-2001).]