Whats The First Game you Ever Played?

Commander Jamont

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submarine 688(i), still one of the better realistic sub games out there. Ah, the simple joys of taking a radar check and hearing the tones of a Russian S-97! Then switching to sonar view and sneaking up on it through the winding ocean canyons! Torpedoes away, captain!

Sniff. The orginal disk got cosmic-rayed to death many years ago, and I've never found it on those "Oldies but Goodies" pirate websites.

cwm14.gif

Way back in the 80s when I first got into computers thanks to my then Platoon Commander (thanks, Captain Haney!), I had a spanking new Tandy 1000. The first game that I played on it was called Starflight. I remember having many late-night sessions with it exploring and upgrading my ship. Cool game then. It amazing now with BCM allowing you to do the same plus a whole heck of a lot more! smile.gif

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

The first game I can remember playing would be Asteroids on the old Atari 2600... classic! But there was also this one war game with tanks that I got attached to...

------------------

Robert Thomas Maxwell

GCV Desideratus

http://www.the-journeyman.com

"Leave the repairs to the techs. Leave the mass destruction to ME."

First Computer game that I ever played was Pong, The original Video Game that was $250.00 at Radio Shack, have I dated myself yet? Oh and I forgot, playing Star Trek on a DEC mainframe in a friends garage, the thing had those 8-10" floppy disk drives and a hard drive the size of a cake platter!!! lol cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 01-09-2001).]

Sad to say this, but it is true...

PacMan, on the old Atari 2600. However, I knew my heart was in Space Sims.

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Well not counting pong... it would have to be a game I played while in high school.. we got to take a few trips to the Fermi Lab for some physics classes with Leon Lederman. We played a text based game where you typed in responses to the computers questions... sort of like a text based Kings quest.

The first semi-graphical game was called lunar lander.. on a Heathkit computer.

First PC game was bouncing babies.. where the fireman would throw babies out a burning building and you had to move your cursor back and forth to bounce them into an ambulance.

hehe and I still have 688i on a backup tape somewhere smile.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Andergum

ICV Gummy 1, New America StarStation (Midae)

Fleet Leader - Eversor Fleet

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/

ICQ # 215323

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series.

Hmm... I'd say SNAKE BYTE on the old, old, old Apple computers.

First game I played in MY (aka, of my ownership) computer was SPACE QUEST III. And hot damn I still like it!

I think it may be Pong...we called it squash.

It had 2 lines and a square ball and made a cool bleep sound. ....

------------------

Captain Echo

ICV Persephone, New America Starstation (Midae)

Eversor Fleet

ICQ# 31736776

Ah Good old 688, how I loved that game *g* I'm really not sure what the first game I played was, because I was so young, it would have to be a toss up between something on the atari(maze craze probably) or something on the commodore 64(best damn system ever! ;-)) On my family's 386 the first game was Kings Quest 1 the enhanced edition and Lightspeed(that and star raiders on the atari was how I got hooked on space games). Oh and I remember that tank game, my siblings and I used to fight each other constantly in that.

------------------

Commander Yazin Re'trat

Spectre Fleet

ICV Lightspeed

AIM:Friez12

[This message has been edited by Friez12 (edited 01-09-2001).]

First comp game: a really old Star Trek game that used symbols instead of graphics. The Enterprise was an 'e' with a line above it, torpedos were '*'s, klingons were black smiley faces...i would spend hours hunting smiley faces across the galaxy. There was also a chess game i never played because you had to type in your moves because there was no mouse, and it was easier to just play in real life.

First video game: my dad got us the NES with the gun, and we played Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt on it. We got the first Zelda for xmas that year.

------------------

Commander Markus Korivak

GCV Norfolk (pending commission), ISSHQ (Saturn)

ISS, Defense Wing

ISS Fleet Defence Wing GCV Norfolk

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

Now don't panic gents. I'm not the girl of you're dreams! I'm just a little different that most girls my age. First game I played was....**drum roll** Wolfenstine 3D (I don't think that's the right spelling...Shortened it's Wolf3D the catalyst for first person shooters like Doom and Quake.)

The other game? Ultima Underworld...The first Ultima game...Now we've got goddamn Ultima online...What's with that? In my days it was a first person hack and slash! What's this world coming to I ask you! ACK! cwm13.gif

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Guest rtoolooze

As far as the first video game goes, it was PONG. My friend down the steet had it and I thought it was soooooo cool! We could'nt afford one. (oh boy, I can remember those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and powdered milk in my cereal days.)

My first computer game was XWING. I bought it when I bought my first computer. (486sx 25) Things sure have come a long way!

Xwing Rocked like hell.

I could imangine myself sitting there shooting does damn tie's .

The first shooter i played well , yes it was wolf3d i played it for hours with all the mods , then it was doom .... ooh man i crashed an entire hospital computer network once when i was playing doom on that network at my moms office in the hospital, *smile*.

i was a good level maker to. (i think) cwm13.gif

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

1st PC game was Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galexy...No graphics at that time... All words and imagination. The first unix game was Empire played on a VAX. No true graphics on that one either. O ment Ocean, . ment ground a ment army A ment airplane B was battleship, etc. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 01-11-2001).]

I believe the first game I ever played was Hangman on a Tandy 1000.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

I guess I don't go as far back as some of you. First one here was Pac Man. Still have an original Pac Man machine in my basement. The sucker is in perfect, mint working condition. Play it everyone once in awhile, too! biggrin.gif

Btw, Epsilon5 - Super Mario Bros 3 WAS and still is the game of ages!!!

[This message has been edited by aramike (edited 01-12-2001).]

first computer games were on a mainframe:

STREK- prolly much like Korivak's. Ascii heaven. I think <*> represented a starbase; and ADVENT- "You are standing in a valley facing north..." Cheat codes were 'xyzzy' and 'pluhy';

First quarter-eater: Battlezone. Ah, those lovely buzzbombs. 'Nuff said.

First pc (286 with cga) game: Conflict, a fabulous and unknown Mideast war and politic simulator: you play as Israel and you have, um, touchy neighbors. Cga "blink red" trigger causes a lockup in my modern vidcard. Full game size: somewhere around 300k.

First modern pc game: Burn Cycle. Little printed character dossier and soundtrack cd included. Purely linear, but a heck of a storyline.

First game in an arcade (other then pinball) was that submarine game where you stick your head into a periscope and fire torpedos at the passing ships. I was there for Pong as well. My favortie though was Spy Hunter.

First game at home was Combat on the Atari 2600. I think the second one was Breakout.

First computer game was on an Atari 400, I'm pretty sure it was Ultima II. I also remember spending an entire Saturday coding Scorched Earth out of a book I bought. That's where I learned to type... =)

First PC game was er... damn forgot the name... it was a sci-firpg game where you

had a top-down 2-d view of your ship and you had to fly to various planets and mine a mineral which turned out to be an ancient alien race (sounds goofy but it was actualy very cool). It had this neat wire-frame gig it did for landing your ship on the planet. It had a sequal too though I didn't play it.