Whats The First Game you Ever Played?

Commander Jamont

I remember that game too, it was really cool. Was a lot like battlecruiser, but VERY,VERY basic. If you found the planet with all the fuel it would blow up your ship if you went too near it, unless you had your armor and shield upgrades!! Was a fun game, but was slow, and the graphics were about as basic as you could get, I have the darn disk around here somewhere!!! It was called Starflight, used to play it for hours, made my wife nuts!!! Just like BCM does now!! lol cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 01-16-2001).]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STARFLIGHT! Thanks Jag (Sorry ShoHashi must of skipped right over your original post when I read the thread)! The whole time I kept thinking Star Control and knowing that wasn't it... Yeah, very basic game but oddly addicting.

quote:

STARFLIGHT! Thanks Jag (Sorry ShoHashi must of skipped right over your original post when I read the thread)! The whole time I kept thinking Star Control and knowing that wasn't it... Yeah, very basic game but oddly addicting.

Yeah, those were the days, Vorpal. I spent many late nights drinking Old "Make Me Walk Funny" (Milwaukee) and eating pretzels whilst playing StarFlight! smile.gif

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

• 3 months later...

Space Invaders on the old Atari 480, pop the top and plug the cartridge in (Space Invaders, BASIC, Word Processor). I thought I was in heaven when we bought a cassette drive for it. Zaxxon (sp) on cassette was a blast!

The first games I remember playing are Centipede and Andrew Spencer's International Soccer, both C64 cartridges.

My first IBM Compatible PC game was Test Drive on the Commodore PC-10 II.

[ 05-06-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

I can't remember the first computer game I played but I can remember the first GOOD computer game I played..Star Control II. One of the best sci-fi adventure games ever...I still have it too and play it every once in a while.

Guest Apollyon

I can't remember what my first arcade game was but my favorite had to be spy hunter. I loved the soundtrack on that game. When I went to shockwave.com and saw they had it I almost went comatose. I still play it every once in a while there

First real computer game has to be Arkanoid on the good 'ol Commodore 64. I played on that amber monitor untill I broke the little joystick. That was a great computer.

First graphical PC game has to be Tie Fighter. I played that thing at Software Etc. for about a year before we bought a computer that could handle it. Hehe

My first computer game was, now get this,

Yahtzee. Which I hand coded into a Sinclair QL. It used the Motorola 68000 cpu chip and little tape cassettes for memory storage.

Also went through the Atari, Nintendo, Drop your quarters in the arcade machines phases too.

Wanna play with the very first computer?

Get an Abacus.

He he he...*grin*.

Anyone ever use a Microbee 128? I guess it had 64 extra bits than the Commodore...*grin*. The Microbee Computer-in-a-book. 128k memory. Monochrome monitor, but you could choose orange/black or green./black. Back then, we thought that was the best optioning got. First game? Defender. Loved it.

First game I ever owned? Thexder, by Sierra, on a 386 clone. Damn I loved that game. Could never break past the 4th level, though. Firehawk was OK, I still play that for pure nostalgia. Facvourite games? Thexder, Silpheed, Space Quest III, Quest for Glory I and II (get the feeling I'm a Sierra fan? They went through a phase where they just made really cool games for a while). Played Elite+, loved WCI and II, and Secret Ops was OK as a good looking space sim...*grin*.

DeSylva

First game I ever played was called Panama Joe on the Sinclair Spectum +2 with built on tape drive(or how I prayed for a disk drive)

First PC game - X-wing, how I remember trying to run it and put all my device drivers in UMB, ah the glory days of DOS

You know is it just me who notices this...? I mean...Um...Dosen't this subject pop up like every month?! Or two months?! Or whatever! Blah!

Non Console game was Super Mario Brothers (The first one)

Computer Game...Wolfenstein 3D

That's right boys...A girl plays Wolf 3D kiss my..... Mwahahahaa.

Guest Vaipa

Hmm.. first game I've seen and played was Penetrator on a ZX spectrum.. First Pc game : mach3 and first sim Elite, of course