Nice pic of Derek in this months PC Gamer :)

fistmaster

Kewl bit about the game ideas in this months PC Gamer, with our beloved SC choosing his favorite submitted idea for a game...(So does this mean you might make "poacher" SC?..way kewl, BCM engine with hunting...hehehe

Do me a favor. Please buy a copy of the mag and mail to me. I terminated my UK subscription when I migrated and I can't my mom to leave the house, let alone go to the store. I will deduct your expenses from future BCM purchase biggrin.gif

3000AD Inc

13788 NW 22nd Place

Sunrise, FL, 33323

USA

There a bunch of mags doing all sorts of stuff about me and the game, in the coming months. CGW (the folks here in the US, not the UK branch) were just down here doing a brief bio on me, the game, etc and it appears in a 4-page spread (the pics are big secret - get the mag!!) in the April issue. Totally kick-ass. I know a lot of people (read: detractors) who are going to go to sleep after reading that mag (and the others) and not wanting to wake up the next day. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are we talking PC Gamer(DVD) March (UK)with one page spread page 44 Lates on BCM.

can't find any other article or photo of SC?

May be I missed it! I'v just spent another 6 hours trying to get my script to run chopped it back to 500 line but still crashes out. Got a migrain and having a rest

btw SC my addy was on the back of the envelope smile.gif

or here u go

43 bassleton lane

thornaby

stockton - on - tees

ts17 0lb

UK

However, I'd forgo the agreement for the chance to be back in part of the multiplayer beta (wish wish)

Jetpacking back towards the outer airlock door smile.gif

I should read all post before I reply

Sc PC Gamer has a 1 page spread in their section "latest on" page 42 top 8cm is titles

next 10 cm 5 pick 1 larger 4 small

larger pic (13.5*9.1 corner cut out)depicts photo093.jpg enlarged and centered image of marine with weapon in hand in space outside Galcom

photo109.jpg 5.3* 4.1cm full image location Midae

photo048.jpg 5.3*4.1cm full image exploding zodiac

photo031.jpg 5.3*4.1cm full image Vindicator with worm hole in background

photo037.jpg 5.3*4.1cm full image Vanguard/Ronus IV

because of the small size of the photos justice is not done to the true images as can be seen on the screen shots section of this site

300-350 words with a couple of quotes from SC proud of "AI and freeform nature" "Darrin's new terrain technology" "massive amounts of gameplay options"

Although a positive review on the work in progress the is nothing striking in the layout or review itself that would attract a reader. I only read the piece as I'm a BC fan.(the review was written by James Rossignol)

Hopefully they will have a multipage spread on release which will attract new fans and players.

Is the release date still April

I know I shouldn't do it but couldn't resist here's an extract from page 112 of March 2001 PC Gamer (UK) (before you ask I havent got permission to reproduce the extract)

"SUPPOSEDLY A GAME

Grand Designs, in my opinion, is a great way for the average person to get their ideas reviewed and analysed. Obviously someone who makes a living from creating games is going to be an excellent candidate to review our innovative ideas. However, I was surprised how harshly the ideas in the January issue were received by Derek Smart. There was an idea in particular that caught my attention and that was DNA: Pick ÔÇÿNÔÇÖ Mix, which detailed you using gene splicing to create new units. But, contrary to my opinions, Mr Smart stated that: "There is no real premise here and certainly not one which would sell." Then, while browsing through the preview for games that will be released in 2001, I came across Sigma. Sigma is supposedly a game in which you create new units by combining genes of other animals. Similar, in fact, to the idea of DNA: Pick ÔÇÿNÔÇÖ Mix. Relic, who are developing Sigma, obviously believe their title will have enough premise to sell or they wouldnÔÇÖt be spending time making it. So was Mr Smart (Dr, actually - Ed) simply unaware of Sigma and could not recognise the basis of a good idea? Or was he trying to ruffle some feathers at Relic by indirectly criticising their innovative ideas?

David Norris, Hertfordshire

While Dr Smart is one of the industryÔÇÖs more outspoken developers, itÔÇÖs pretty unlikely that comment was aimed at Relic. Sigma uses its genetic-blending unit-creation as an element to generate units in an RTS separate from the traditional tech-tree, rather than as the core part of the game, as the suggested DNA: Pick ÔÇÿNÔÇÖ Mix does. Ed"

They must be talking about someone else our beloved SC is never outspoken he never ruffles anyone feathers and contary to the editor statement he not "one of the industryÔÇÖs more outspoken developers"

` cwm41.gif

Ok Sc I'll post you my copy

Just walked down to the village Post Office only its closed yes we still have half day closing. to late to get the car out and go to town so I'll post Thursday.

Posted mid morning thurs so should get to you early next week

[This message has been edited by Pugwash (edited 03-09-2001).]