Is it today or isn't it ? (Demo pt 1 that is)

Chillum

The site that ran the article from SC saying that the demo was to be released today also has an article to say that it is being delayed to coincide with an important announcement. What it doesn't say is when the announcement (and hence the new release time of the demo) will be ?

I am simply busting a gut to take a look at this game ! cwm9.gif

------------------

Chill, you'll live longer

You're NOT ALONE.

It's killing me!

On a VE forum Derek mentioned that he wants to time the release with some big announcement and the launch of a site where you can download the demo and pre-order the game.

I assume the announcement has something to do with the site, and some promotional deal. We'll find out soon enough later this week.

[This message has been edited by Kush (edited 03-06-2001).]

C'mon guys, I know you're all eager to get into the demos, but if it's not available today, theres probably a very good reason for it. Just sit back and be patient. No point winding anyone up by these sorts of inflamitory remarks.

Guest MoonFog

From Voodoo Extreme:

BATTLECRUISER MILLENNIUM DEMO DELAYED

OK, before you folks go put Billy and his ladies over at VE under siege, looking for the eagerly anticipated BCM demo. Don't. The demo has been delayed so that it coincides with some VERY IMPORTANT announcement due out this week. Several aspects of our website as well as another party's, are being updated for this announcement and it seemed fitting for them to make the announcement and for me to hold off on the demo and release it to coincide with the event.

And NO, I CANNOT tell you ANYTHING about this announcement. So don't go sending me any emails looking for a scoop. If you do, you're only going to get the standard 'No Comment' from myself or Lisa over at corporate.

All you need to know is that, Battlecruiser Millennium is still on track for release in May - all things being equal and that it will be coming your way via the retail and online channels.

The first box prototype is now up at www.3000ad.com/sales/

Guess we just have to sit down and wait a bit more smile.gif

Blades, I don't know if you meant my post or not, but I certainly didn't mean it to sound that way. I can certainly wait patiently if need be. smile.gif

I was just pointing out there was a comment about the demo release date on this site, as opposed to the Voodoo site which I have never been to. Just trying to be helpful in case people hadn't read it. smile.gif

It'll be ready when its ready....and now it aint ready

or words to that effect eek.gif

Patience is a virtue easily spoken but ever so few actual master. The wait is well worth cool.gif it folks.

TTFN

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer, Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

Speaking of patience, how long will it take me to download the first demo once it's released?

( * takes sidelong glance at 56K modem. Looks at list of friends, none of whom have DSL or cable. * )

So if I get lucky and the servers(& mirrors?)allow download resumes, I'll set up a nightly schedule and be playing it, oh, about six days after you guys have it.

Ya don't appreciate what ya don't have to pay for, and in this case having to spend a little extra patience and concentration is _well_ worth what we're getting in return.

However, it would have been odd if nobody started a thread on it. Fellow Bit-Chomper here.