Traders Guild

StarShadow

I've not seen anyone talking about a Merchants guild. Since I am more a lover then a fighter is it possible to make a worth wild living just being a trader? Perhaps keeping one or two wings knee deep in supplies? Hell I can press a trigger and flame someone with the best of them but I would prefer slinging cargo for a living? I know this is a pretty opened game, just checking to see if my idea is a valid one.

I can see it now (tilts head back against his head rest). Supplying raw materials to a particlular star base where they make a unique item with these raws. Buying the manufactured producted and winging my way across the Universe selling my wares smile.gif Taking an order ffrom Delta Wing for 10,000 wizbangers to be delivered to their base smile.gif

I look forward to hearing your views on the subject.

Hi Starshadow,

The idea appeals to me immensely smile.gif Since my Privateer days I've preferred hauling cargo to shooting fighters out of the sky as well...though I love the old fleet action or two.

I think the idea of a merchants guild sounds darn good. Merchants could work together (In massively multiplayer battlecruiser of course) to report areas of piracy. Maybe share some wealth for the benefit of all. Heheheh.

It would depend on how its done. If you just buy some thing at one station and sell it at another over and over that gets old after awhile. If there are price changes and supply diffrences it makes it better but only if they are unpredictable. It will mostly depend on what kind of economic model there is in the game, a more realistc model = more people will want to do trading or be in trader caste. I gues we will find out. If the economic model sucks there will still be plenty of other things to do that don't require hunting down ships to blow up so I'm not worried.

In the online/multiplayer game, you could become blockade runners if your planet is being seiged, or fleet supply ships bringing valuable supplies up from the rear to the front lines as the capital ships start running out of vacpacks and missiles.

Hostiles might try to disrupt supply lines in order to weaken enemy forces.