Multiplayer

Soback

Could someone clear it up for me. The multiplayer for BC:M supports about 16 players(or something like that) Is that a persistent universe or does it reset everytime you log on, and will there be a dedicated server? Basically can anyone tell me as much as they can about the multi for BC:M and throw in a few words for GCO. That would be nice, thanks.

In BCM, one of the players will be hosting the game, so the universe will be persistent as long as the host keeps running.

GCO, the massively multiplayer (i.e., thousands of players) title will be hosted in dedicated servers, so its universe will be truly persistent.

Hope this clears it up.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

That is correct. Those 64 player servers are exclusively for the internal/external/dev teams only as they will assist in the streamlining of the GCO 1000 player servers.

If anyone sets up a normal server, as long as it is on, the world will run. Just like the normal game. If players log-off, their stats are erased and not saved (like on the internal servers above) on the server.

Will there be nebulas in CGO or some kind of way that if you are a raider you can lie dormant without anyone being able to see you but you being able to tell what ships are uproaching, so that if you see a trader ship or someone you can loot approaching you can sneak up on them and loot them.

If you want to do that, get yourself a carrier & use the cloaking system, that's what it's there for!

------------------

Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight, GALCOM HQ (EARTH)

S26 Wing Leader, Prime Fleet Beta Wing

True, but lets say that there's a nebula close to a jump gate, then you wont need to have cloaking tech on the ship, plus if you want to cloak your ship for some time while you wait for the right prey, your people will die from radiation. Otherwise you can just power down or fly into the nebula and that way nobody can see you on radar while you just sit there and wait to ambush someone. Also makes it a nice way to hide if theres a price out on your head and you need time to fix your ship. By the way if your ship gets damaged in CGO, repairs are real time, do you need to be logged on for the repairs to occur or does your ship still exists in the universe when you log off?

quote:

Will there be nebulas in CGO or some kind of way that if you are a raider you can lie dormant without anyone being able to see you but you being able to tell what ships are uproaching, so that if you see a trader ship or someone you can loot approaching you can sneak up on them and loot them.

wtf has this got to do with multiplayer?

Soback,

I think if you've got stuff to suggest about CGO, you should go to the Development News forum. There was a GCO thread started a while ago for the FAQ release. You may find info in there.

Nice try Spacephish, but you should know better, we are all under an NDA and until the SC tells us otherwise, we can't tell you nothin'!!! Sorry dude!!! smile.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Right. I see, don't give me any details, but ARE YOU GUYS actually playing MP!?? It's that under the NDA? Wish I was still in the beta, hey if I didn't have my case study to work on I'd still be on. Damn it all to hell.