Forums upgraded

Guest dsmart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kush and Akuma are the only two I've voted for so far. After that I realised you can only vote once so I've decided to save them up for amazing or embarassing posts... (evil laugh)

You do like to pull your little surprise, SC. I thought that I was on the wrong Forum at first. Well after browing around and chicking all the different bells and whistles, I find it great to work with. I am a creature of habit but I'll get used to it.

I am amazed that you could find the time to set this up with all the other things that are happening.LOL...

'MAX'

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Somw things missing:

• See WHO rated you

• Change your rating about some people over time

• The smiley panel

1: If you could see who rated you, that would take away from the purpose of anonymous ratings. Also, some people may not take low yet honest ratings very well, causing soem undue animosity.

2: Why would you need to change your rating of people? If you're unsure about how helpful someone is, don't rate them.

3: I liked those old smilies too, but it made it IMPOSSIBLE to "TAB" your way to the posting area.

As for the new forum, I like it with the exception of the main page - WAY too cluttered IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

[qb]Somw things missing:

See WHO rated you

Change your rating about some people over time

The smiley panel

1: If you could see who rated you, that would take away from the purpose of anonymous ratings. Also, some people may not take low yet honest ratings very well, causing soem undue animosity.

2: Why would you need to change your rating of people? If you're unsure about how helpful someone is, don't rate them.

3: I liked those old smilies too, but it made it IMPOSSIBLE to "TAB" your way to the posting area.

As for the new forum, I like it with the exception of the main page - WAY too cluttered IMO.[/QB]

HTML HR manually added for clairty

The nested quoting (which I've left in just for the fun of it) is nice. I have to agree with aramike, information overload on the main page.

PS...OK, now that I've seen it (and I'm still leaving it in just to show what happens) I don't like the nested quoting as it doesn't really nest the quotes, just makes one think that when you reply with quotes and then creates a really ugly hard to read post.

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]