Taxes Done

Charles Lindsey

Got that right, E-file is the only way to go.

Got my refund in less then 7 working days!!

I LIKE IT A LOT, now if I could only figure out how to pay even less taxes, I'd be a REAL happy camper!!

I'm for a new law that says that they can't take Withholding, they have to give you all your money and then you have to pay the whole thing at once. Taxes, FICA, Medicare ETC. ALL OF IT, ALL AT ONCE, write a check!!!

Then I want the elections held on April 16th!!

Let's see them raise taxes then the bastards!!!

Steve: you sorta got me. That's what I meant. I don't mind paying taxes. Just so long as I don't have to shell out more when it's all said and done.

Jaguar: But I'd spend it if it was in my hot little hands.

• 2 years later...

It's that time again.

Paid H & R Block to do them again. $121 this year. The fed I can figure myself and be REALLY close but the state has so many hidden deductions I now "get back" almost $400 from my state. So it's worth it to me to pay someone to find an "extra" $300 in overpayment refunds.

Gripe moan and complain about taxes all you want. I don't mind. I hit the mother load of old threads.

Man, talk about back from the dead!!

Funny that you should bring this one back to life though, because I just E-filed not more then 5 minutes ago. No state taxes to file, just the federal. Not getting half as much as I got last year, but I didn't own a house in 2003.

Aramike!!! How are you?

I do my taxes the first week in Feb. I got a real good return this year I was happy.

Jag, If you figure out way to pay less taxes could ya let me know. I got the house and 2 kids, beyond having another one, I am fresh out of deduction ideas.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

Aramike!!! How are you?

I do my taxes the first week in Feb. I got a real good return this year I was happy.

Jag, If you figure out way to pay less taxes could ya let me know. I got the house and 2 kids, beyond having another one, I am fresh out of deduction ideas.

Shh, I won't tell if you won't, but that post from Aramike was from April 2001.....

I miss him too, wherever the guy is off to.

And my wife and I use taxcut and e-file, should have our tax check by the end of this month...

• 10 months later...

I'm a little earlier this year.

Tip:

Go to www.irs.gov and click free file. There is a list of many sites where you can file Federal taxes for free. The qualifications vary. They often charge for filing state taxes though. Prices vary.

Also at irs.gov you can click on the various 1040 forms and get an exact copy of what the paper one would look like. You can fill this out if you choose and save a localized copy. Some licensing deal with adobe. A dialogue box pops up and explains it.

After paying $19.95 to file state (Still WAY better than $121 to H & R Block, and see how I was crowing about that in above posts ) I discovered that Alabama is also part of the Free File Alliance. If I had dug deeper to begin with I may have found the www.statetaxfreedom.com website.

Too bad I was not qualified for free state filing but perhaps some of you are. Check it all out.

• 1 year later...

Done! Nothing like 11th hour filing huh?

I should have read my own thread and I could have done the free state taxes too. Oh well.

State Refund almost doubled. ???? Hope I don't have an incorrect entry. Still less than a thousand refund though so it should be ok. I gotta get to work so I can use the printer and finish and print the thing.