Favorite RPG's

Outlaw

I haven't played any recent RPG's lately, but Daggerfall is a good game IMHO. Can't wait for its sequal, Morrowind due out some time......

And I can't not mention Chrono Trigger for the SNES..... It is just fun! (If you know where to look, you can find it's rom, and a SNES emulater to play it on your 'puter)

Outlaw, where have you been? Looked for you in Indie Fourm, and in the RPG section. There's an Indie RPG if you want in. They still want more peeps, but I'm caught up in the current one (Into the Fire).

I play almost every kind of game. I love RPG's, (Almost) any kind of sim, and strategy games. Oh, and FPS games are okay for me too.

Faves (By Genre):

Oni (just got the game; love it!)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert, C&C Tiberian Sun, Starcraft

The Sims, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, Rollercoaster Tycoon

BC3k, BCM Demo

F16: MultiRole Fighter, Wing Commander Prophecy, Tachyon: The Fringe

SWAT 3: Elite Edition (aka multiplayer edition)

I'm playing through all Baldur's Gate related RPG's... it's gonna take a while but I've got Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate with Tales of the Sword Coast done with...

I used to play the old gold box series, and I own every original edition of the Ultimas and Ultima Underworlds. Could wallpaper a wall with all the cloth maps I have =)

My favorite RPG though is one only old Atari 400 / 800 owners can identify with, it was called Alternate Reality. It got ported very poorly to other systems so most who have seen or played it on any other type of system doesn't think too highly of it, but on my Atari 800 it was an incredibly good RPG.

Guest Shingen

Get the Abandonware version here:

www.gamingdepot.com/Darklands.htm

Get the CD version here:

www.ultimatedarklands.com

Hope this helps

Darklands is the ONLY rpg still on my HD, and it's been there (on one computer or the other) since 1993. (I barely have enough time to play BC3K and FE2/FFE, which I consider both RPGs, even though they're classified as space-sims)

I always like the old Darksun: Shattered Lands Rpgs, but I haven't played them in forever

Anyone remember SpellJammer: Pirates of Realmspace rpg?? That one was kewl too. (but rather unstable)

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]