You know your getting old when you say -

Pugwash

My local cable TV company has given me 3 new channels to sample over the Bank holiday weekend VH1,MTV Base and MTV UK.

So when I've been playing BCM the TV has been on behind me, but I had to keep changing between these channel as the music was not to my taste.

I'm not saying it was bad or anything but not what I'd choose to listen to.

It reminded me of my teenage years when my parents said something along lines of "that's not music it just screaming" the good old days of the Sex Pistols, GBH ,Abrasive Wheels and one for you Americans The Dead Kennedy's (or was it ies) great bands.

This got me thinking about how your views change as you mature (the politically correct version)

Things that are starting to change, have changed or will change

1 You don't like todays music

2 You drive closer to the speed limit and give way to other road users

3 You seem to grow large amounts of nasal and ear hair

4 You comb your hair over that ever increasing bold patch

5 You embarrass you son, daughter, nephew, niece etc when out with them or at family events

6 You no longer have any Trainers

7 You start to wear cardigans and slippers

8 Most of your teeth are false

Things that haven't change YET!!

1 You letch after young women especially when out with your mates and not with the other half

2 You have to watch that football match especially when England play

3 You still go down to the pub with the mates on a Thursday night

not an exhaustive list and I'm sure you can add to them,

Now I'm going back to playing BCM

Man, do those all hit a raw nerve, except like Emmet, my 3 and 1.5 year-old daughters aren't embarrassed yet. Except the 3 year-old corrected my French once! Who's embarrassed now?

It's funny, you come into this world, you drink, throw up and piss and shit yourself constantly. Go out and celebrate your 30th now and realise things haven't changed that much in 30 years.