Who wants to be my friend?

Põdi

That sounds rather sad doesn't it?

Anyway, as we are probably not going to see BC:M in Switzerland for months, anyone fancy buying an extra copy and sending it to me?

I know it's a bit of a cheek, but you never know if you never ask (Found that out trying to get girls to snog me when I was a pimply youth)

Woot, thanks aramike.

I'll gladly pay postage, I just refuse to pay for Express overseas post and import duties. Like someone else said, I don't mind paying SC his well-earned money, but $35 for postage from EB is pretty silly. Send me a private post nearer the time.

Thanks again

Paddy

The BMT Micro (my e-commerce host) link for purchasing or pre-ordering BCM for gamers outside the US/Canada (for the first 90-days, folks in these territories won't be able to buy the game from us), goes live next week. Shipping to anywhere in the world, is $9. And the price is set at $45.00. I lowered it, in order to offset the shipping costs for the international BC fans. Also, this only includes the CD-ROM and printed manual. No box. If you want the box, you have to wait until I wrap up the deal am working on, which will have BCM released in Europe, sometime after BCM ships in the US.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Can you order a box, not its content?

Or one of those big display boxes? With a really big novelty plastic CD-ROM included? And a gigantic printed manual?

("Hey, mom, we need a bigger hard drive!" "Why's that?" "Because LOOK AT HOW BIG THE GAME IS!!!" )

Ah, okay, so my sense of humour is going haywire. Maybe it's the adrenaline slowly building up due to the pent up anxiety.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The
(my e-commerce host) link for purchasing or pre-ordering BCM for gamers
outside
the US/Canada (for the first 90-days, folks in these territories won't be able to buy the game from us), goes live next week. Shipping to anywhere in the world, is $9. And the price is set at $45.00. I lowered it, in order to offset the shipping costs for the international BC fans. Also, this only includes the CD-ROM and printed manual. No box. If you want the box, you have to wait until I wrap up the deal am working on, which will have BCM released in Europe, sometime after BCM ships in the US.

Thank you SC, that is great news. It's refreshing to see a developer doing something pro-active for fans, with a price reduction too! Wow.

Don't care about the box, they take up too much space and I always throw them out anyway.

Thanks again SC.

PS THanks for the previous offer aramike, but I can get it cheaper from Mr. Smart

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

WHAT! You'd throw the bcm box away! How insulting!

Yes, sacrilige isn't it? But then again I'll never receive the box anyway.

Guest ParkerM

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

"Mom, I need a Geforce 3, it only costs 400 bucks!" Mom says, "U crazy boy! Buying a $400 video card for one game? Get yo ass a job!"

If you think thats bad I'm going to have to buy a whole new machine just for this game! My old 486sx/2-50 just aint gonna cut it.

For all of you having to upgrade for BCM, I have recommendations for you:

1) Don't skimp yourself. If you want your system to run the recent stuff for more than 3 months, go all out. Spend the extra cash. You'll stay with the curve a little longer and be able to run newer stuff a longer. Trust me on this one. I learn from experience.

2) Never, never, never, never, NEVER buy generic off-name brand bargain stuff. You'll lose every time. Is that $50 saved worth it when your US Drives or BTC brand DVD drive starts scratching your CDs and smoking (Remember, *experience*). I give Creative and ELSA my top honors on all hardware. HP and Sony have screwed me over more than once on warranties (Among other things).

3) Never, never, never, never, NEVER buy hardware via ebay. Not even if they have positive 5,000,000 feedback rating. You will be taking a VERY big risk, and 75% of the time, you'll lose.

4) Never buy directly from the manufacturer. Whenever possible, buy from a nearby physical store with a good return poicy (Ie; Frys/Fried Electronics). I tend to do most of my shopping at www.mwave.com, but only because the shipping center is near my home, so I can will-call and avoid shipping charges. Not to mention they're almost always cheaper than the places 'round here.

5) Buy you're case in person. Frys may have a pretty bag selection, but its better than buying one over the internet when you havn't had a chance to check out the insides. Remember, the exterior/cosmetic appearance takes back seat to the roominess/accessability of the inside. Horizontally mounted power supplies are a must.

6)Never buy Cyrix anything.

7)Unless you have a penchant for lighting cigars with hundred-dollar-bills, opt for an AMD processor over an Intel. The 1.3Ghz AMD outpaces the 1.7Ghz Intel in almost every test. Intel claims that programs "just aren't optimized yet", but the truth is: they never will be. Remember MMX? Streaming SIMD? AMD has the raw power. Intel is overpriced and behind the curve.

Akuma Facepalms and sweatdrops (Just like in the Anime Movies) "Men." She says shaking her head and trying to remember just how many boxes for computergames she saw in Foss' closet...

quote:

7)Unless you have a penchant for lighting cigars with hundred-dollar-bills, opt for an

AMD processor over an Intel. The 1.3Ghz AMD outpaces the 1.7Ghz Intel in almost

every test. Intel claims that programs "just aren't optimized yet", but the truth is:

they never will be. Remember MMX? Streaming SIMD? AMD has the raw power. Intel

is overpriced and behind the curve.

LOL, couldn't agree more, with everything you said, but with the above definitely!!

1) Money doesn't grow on trees, but i do my best. I recently bought a better system, but it was already out of date. Figures.

2)I knew that. When you buy a gf2, buy an asus, they are the best (oh, and ATI will make their video card

3)Don't like buying online.

4)Yep.

5)Yep.

6)Cyrix? Yeah, it's cheap, but it ain't bad.

7)AMD rulz!