Where did you get your bc3000 ?

JoeyGuppy

Lets go back and vist the fond (or not so fond for some people) memories of bc3000ad well we wait for BCM wth a little survey.

Where did you buy your copy of the game and when? (list the version)

I got my copy at a Target in wisconsin in 99' I think (ver 2.oo). I didn't have internet access then and couldn't figure out how to play. I got Internet access a month latter but forgot about it untill three months latter, since then it's been all patched and reinstalled a thousand times ( not because of the game, because of me deleting stuff a lot on that computer or when i got a new computer) and I have been shooting gams ever since.

Whats your story?

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: JoeyGuppy ]

I got my copy....yesterday!

Bought it from an Amazon auction, after downloading the free 1.07 version and the 2 demos (2.09 and BCM)

Bit of a bumpy ride with General Protection Faults (even after all the patches) but following the advice in the Troubleshooting FAQ regarding the CONFIG.SYS found me playing rather late last night. As in, overslept for work. Grrr. As Mojo-Jojo would say "Curse you, SC!"

Fun game, BTW. But most of you already know that.

I bought my copy (ver 2.08)about a year ago from Electronics Boutique in Dublin, played it for a while and couldn't work it out so it sat on my shelf for a while.

Then while flicking through the manual and the online docs I found the web address. I hung around for a while and started participating more on the forums and BC came off the shelf again recently(I was tied up till then with work and stuff) now I'm flying the stars exploring what I can do and just generally enjoying myself.(No combat yet I'm working up to that)

I originally played the demo version that was released on cd like about 3 or 4 years ago, around the time that OUTWARS was made, I played it for a while but could never find a copy so satisfied my urge by demo playing and searching online for battlecruiser pics. That is what first led me here eventually. Around the time that BCM was announced to be in production, I found a copy of BC3K in Pensacola Florida at Toys R Us, I immediately shoved past my girlfriend and wept with tears of joy on the ground (I exaggerate a little {but not much} ) and couldn't get the smile off my face when I payed for it and got home to play - had to ditch my girlfriend somewhere first though. She understood, as we are now married she still sees me spending hours roaming the Gammulan quadrant sending my interceptors onto collision courses and cursing the damn pilots. Great fun though, specially the Nukes... hehe. I guess it was around the last half of 99 I got the full version.

I first found this game at the Cyberian Outpost. (outpost.com) back in May of '99. At that time they offered free overnight shipping on whatever you purchased. Well, before I bought it there, I found my copy (v2.0) at my local CompUSA. I picked it up the Tuesday after Memorial day, as I had a vacation day from work. I wanted the game so bad, I couldn't wait for the next day shippment.

As my then Fiance', was at work, I played that whole day with mini manual in hand. I still have it loaded on my machine.

Until January, (Dum me, erased the file by accident! ) I had a game file that started in August of '99, which I believe had over 2 weeks of game time.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

I bought mine v. 1.00 from PCSuperStore here in Finland '97. I bought upgrade patch to v.2.00 from BMT, but couldn't get it to work, so I got my upgrade in burned cd from SC, (thnx once again SC ) And haven't played any (almost ) other games ever since.

Got my BC3000 1.0 from the store I worked for. Later when version 2 was about to be available, pre-ordered it from interplay directly (Couldn't wait )

Since I still have trouble waiting for the game of the millennium Pre-ordered again

Guest Remo Williams

Bought my copy of v2.0 from Compusa back in June 99 and registered on the forum the same day. Best space sim I'd ever played until BCM came along.

Guest Sky Roguen

I got Version 1.0 from Electronics Boutique when it first came out. Still have the Cd. I got Version 2.0 when it came out from the same store. I have BCM on reserve and paid for at the same store. I am planning to by three copies in addition to my own. I have friends I want to play.

I came over to my friends place one time and saw him playing the game, it looked really cool, all those things you can do I was amazed, so I asked him "What game is this", he said it's BC3000AD, but started complaining that it was too complicated and he doesn't know how to do half the stuff (he never reads the manual, and I mean never, he would rather dink around for an hour and smash the keyboard then to read it) so I asked him if I can take it home and try it. He said yes, and then later I can teach him how to play. So I took it home and played for a looooong loooong time, I told him that I loved the game and he told me to keep it since he would have to actually read the manual to play it and there's no way for him to figure out all that stuff on his own. True story.

Yeah, lucky me that BC series takes some brains to play and that my friend hates reading instructions. He downloaded BC:M demo and after it wouldn't play on the first try, he didn't even want to read the faq to fix the problem, he just came over to my place and tried the BC:M demo on my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Man you guys all got good stories about how you found BC. All I did was go to a Toys R Us and look in the bargain bin. I was only 5$ so i bought it. Then I found this web site and the rest is history (pretty dramatical isn't it?)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hippievilla

I bought mine (v1.01) many years ago from gamezone manchester, lured by the thought of an open ended game.I never did get into that "lets all kill the dragon/destroy the federation/beat up that alien" thing....always wanted to go off in the other direction and see what was over the hill and around the corner ;-)

Looking at the stuff on BC.M I still wonder if it panders to my own sense of the mundane that I crave ;-)

as an aside:

does anyone know if there is a patch available to get 1.01 upto v2?. I've d/l all the patches from v2 onwards but dont really fancy d/l the whole 135mb v2.9 thingy given the 14400 modem

regards

Villa