For Canucks only!!!

Kush

LOL! Now, now, you don't think "Her Highness" would like that, do you?

I am... I am... I am Can-ay-di-an! ::thumbs up::

Well, the Yankees will have their day in about 72 hours, so we have every right to praise ourselves.

I would've sang O Canada at noon, but I slept in. God bless Canadian laziness!

I still think the one about "Joe" saying "It is pronounced Zed, not Zee, Zed! A chesterfield IS a couch, it is pronounced 'a bowt', not 'a boot' [picture of a boot]! My name is Joe, and I AM CANADIAN!"

The new one's a little less... well, inspirational. And you always have to remember that the only reason they're putting these commercials on is to get us drunk on high-proof alcohol.

What's even sadder is that the ad campaign was designed by an American company.

And the actor playing Joe is in L.A. as we speak, working on becoming one of those American Stars born in Canada.

(Pam Anderson, John Candy, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Lorne Greene, Rich Little, etc... etc... ad infenitum.)

Well, you can't ignore the fact that Canada has one of the poorest records for film productions on the planet. Our movies blatantly suck. If they go down to the 'States, they'll at least have a chance.

(Oh, and don't forget Tom Green. Canadian born, American citizen. Lots of people don't know that...)

Same is true for software development. We have awesome developers up here, but they all gravitate towards the 'States because they have better access to the technology.

(I'm not saying we're less technologised, because we aren't. I'm just saying that Americans are more willing to spend the big bucks on that sort of stuff. )

...I suspect, being a programmer wannabe, I'll move to the 'States and apply for dual-citizenship at one point or another. Oh, well, nothing wrong with laughing back when they say 'aboot'.

quote:

Originally posted by Spuzzum:

Well, you can't ignore the fact that Canada has one of the poorest records for film productions on the planet. Our movies blatantly suck. If they go down to the 'States, they'll at least have a chance.

LOL!

Boy do we EVER!

There've been a couple of movies that don't suck too much... Decline of the American Empire, Jesus of Montreal... but those are French films from Quebec where they have real film makers who have actual talent.

The vast majority of English Canadian films blow chunks. Big time.

(I did like Don Mcellar's 'Last Night'. If you haven't seen it, it's a good rental.)

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Kush ]