I am going to be SICK!

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

May have been mentioned before.

This is the WORST case of ripoff i have ever seen.! These developers have no scruples at all. If I were SC I would sue their little... Well you get the idea. Its just really really sad.

JumpgateTM

is an online-only, massively multiplayer persistent universe (MMPU) for Windows 9x/ME/2000. The player is the owner and pilot of a spacecraft, with the objective being to acquire wealth and status by engaging in trade, mining, and/or combat with that ship, and via roleplaying. Players may work on their own or together as members of a collaborative team. Players can use the funds they acquire to improve their craft in various ways, including weapons, engines, shields, and other modifications and upgrades.

The game universe consists of potentially limitless navigational areas that are interconnected by a series of jumpgates. These jumpgates allow a spacecraft to "jump" to another area using extra-dimensional means. Some areas contain only jumpgates, while others contain space stations, asteroids, space cities under construction, often hostile alien life, and debris of ancient structures.

Currently there are over 120 sectors, with 15 different stations, and several new constructions to explore. Jumpgates, which are formed around spatial anomalies, can be found throughout known space and their locations are random in nature. Spacecraft must therefore travel between various gates in each area by conventional thrust means.

Space stations provide a means for players to engage in commerce of various types, such as ship repair, equipment purchase, and buying and selling commodities. Stations also furnish an area for players to interact, such as planning missions or forming contracts. This can be done in the IRC style chat systems found at every station.

There are currently 3 player factions and 2 non-player factions (akin to nation states), each with characteristics that will appeal to different types of gamers. Some navigational areas are controlled politically by individual factions. Sectors under the direct control of their faction provide more safety than neutral or opposing sectors.

I'm a member of the beta test of Jump gate. Let me tell you. It doesn't hold a candle to GCO. Not even remotely. The scope of GCO is vastly more complete. Jumpgate is all about fighter craft, and NOTHING else. SC has nothing to worry about from this game.

Not only is it garbage, it doesn't even offer 5% of what BCM has, let alone GCO.

I won't worry about them if I were you. We don't

MANY have tried (e.g. Terminus), but NONE have succeeded in coming even close.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

true,

I just could not believe they even used EXACT names, and the basic themes.

Jumpgates? Hyperspace anomalies? Mining? Trading at the stations? 3 major factions? Having to use normal speed between jumpgates?

Just to name a few. Its like they sat down and played Bc300AD and said "wow, this game is great!, we can make own only slightly different and a LOT simpler. there's no way we are gonna out that much work into it."

I guess copying is the greatest form of flattery. And Since SC came up with and used all the best ideas.....

theres really not much else they could do