take a look here...

Real_Lucas

Good stuff luc, you've got one hell of a project on your hands there. I actually had a quick peak at it last week, looks like you've done a fair bit of work on it since.

Nice graphics...

Now if only you could come up with a cool name for your site like Star Wars Episode III : Attack of the Wookies

hehe, just kidding man. Your graphics are wonderful... better than I could do, I have trouble creating anything more than a sphere in studio max

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

for a REAL challenge, design and draw Darth Vader's bathroom!

Oh, and give a copy of it to Derek, he still hasnt put toilets on the ships!

Nice work!

ROTFLMAO!!! Tac you are such a nut at times!!!

Luc, those are impressive, keep up the good work.

*best Q3A voice*

Impressive!

Anyway, Luc, you and your friend may want to send Lisa over at [email protected], a resume - which also includes your skiils, tools used etc. We're currently hiring level designers for the creation of interiors for all capital ships, starbases and stations, for GCO and quite possibly a stand-alone add-on for BCM. Who knows, you might just get hired.

I can just see running around in my MK3 in that kind of detail, OH,MY GOD!! That would be just too killer, but my computer would probably start smoking after 5 minutes!!

Looks real nice, REAL NICE!!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

*best Q3A voice*

Impressive!

Anyway, Luc, you and your friend may want to send Lisa over at [email protected], a resume - which also includes your skiils, tools used etc. We're currently hiring level designers for the creation of interiors for all capital ships, starbases and stations, for GCO and quite possibly a stand-alone add-on for BCM. Who knows, you might just get hired.

wow, now that's an endorsement. thanks SC.

the only thing is that, that site is my resume.... and it's built in 3ds r4 (dos) not max, my friend Tom Grays is building his designated components in Lightwave 6.0 (could be 5.6, I'm not sure).

I have no formal experience in 3d model building except persistence and perfectionism. there is no set deadline for this, so I have been using this project as a sanity strengthener.

I never thought I'd be told that I'd be good enough to design for a game. wow, those drafting courses seem to be paying off.

I have other projects on the go as well, I'm a details freak and when I build ships I like them to be fully functional and I try to make sure that the engineering makes sense....at least from the perspective of the medium with which I work.

thanks again.

Hey SC I don't know if you know this (little redundant isn't it) but I can draw the best damn "stick" figures you ever seen. The secret is making a perfectly round head and the spacing the eyes apart to add a more "realistic" touch to them. I can also draw varrying heights to my creation but they all have the same width (about the size of a #2 pencil). So what do you think should I send in my resume?

quote:

Hey SC I don't know if you know this (little redundant isn't it) but I can draw the best damn "stick" figures you ever seen. The secret is making a perfectly round head and the spacing the eyes apart to add a more "realistic" touch to them. I can also draw varrying heights to my creation but they all have the same width (about the size of a #2 pencil). So what do you think should I send in my resume?

LOL!!. If you can animate the stick figure, sure, why not?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

LOL!!. If you can animate the stick figure, sure, why not?

That's easy.

Take a small notepad, and in the bottom right-hand corner of each page draw a sequential series of stick figures performing some kind of activity (skipping and kicking a football are my favourites). Now flick the bottom right-hand corner of the pad with your thumb and watch the figures move! Now for the best part, swap over to your left thumb and repeat, the figures perform in reverse!

Amazing.

Can I have a job please?

Damnit Paddy that was my secret. Now everyone will be flipping notepads while at work animating my stick men. Well I'm applying anyway not only can I draw but I can go out for doughnuts, coffee, women (remember wider is better) I have a whole assortment of jobs that require no skill at all that I perform to a reasonable level (ok sub-par level but the manager at McDonalds was a pain in my a$$)

I'll be applying shortly remember who needs C++ when you can have SS (Super Size)?

I'm very good at annoying people.

Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now? Can i have a job now?

Hehehe...

No seriously... I can use Truespace 4.2 (does anyone know how to put textures on models? I forgot...), I'm a perfectionnist... whatever.