Getting Married

Yep, that's right. I’m getting married. I proposed to my girlfriend this weekend on my birthday. I was nervous as hell but I couldn’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else.

What’s kinda of funny is that she said it was a total surprise to her. But the very next day, she and a friend of hers had set the wedding date, the colors, the names of the entire bridal party (20 people strong and counting), place of the wedding and whom the wedding coordinator would be......I guess she wasn’t too surprised.

Well if any of my esteem fellow commanders happen to be in Birmingham, AL the weekend of May 4th, be sure to drop by to say hello and while you’re at it, bring a wedding gift.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

I'm in Baldwin county Alabama, but hey if I find myself with the urge to head that way then, sure I'll stop by... um I don't think she was surprised either,

Nice one!

quote:

What’s kinda of funny is that she said it was a total surprise to her. But the very next day, she and a friend of hers had set the wedding date, the colors, the names of the entire bridal party (20 people strong and counting), place of the wedding and whom the wedding coordinator would be

Well, women are like that, that's all i gotta say

Hey, Hey, May 4th ain't bad, my anniversary is May 8th. Congratulations SUCKER!! LOL

Just kidding, it ain't bad, once you get used to it. The getting used to is the hard part!!

Nah, seriously, good luck, I hope it is as happy as possible.

I have been in this institution for 9 years come this may, and it's the only institution I ever want to be in, thank you very much!! LOL

Well, congrats! I wish you a long and happy marraige. Hopefully yours will go better than mine did. Than again, I was a complete idiot for marrying the woman I did. At least I got two wonderful boys out of it. And I have custody!!! How many guys can say that? LOL In all honesty, I wish you the best.

Nice one Mr. Wolfe.

Out of curiosity, was there a long pause before she answered you? I imagine my most paranoid moment in life would be that second-cum-eternity where the dear lady dithers, and the possability of humilating rejection jumps into your brain at warp nine.

Probably explains why I have yet to pop the question myself. Ah well, onwards!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Btw Blades, there was no pause, just a stunned silence, after she said yes.

(now only if I can bring myself to burn my big black book)

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm sorry to add my congrats so late, but here they are! I'm afraid I've been a bit busy getting ready for my own (on saturday) and not having a phone line (again! argh!) for a month has kept me away from the boards for a while, and I'll be slightly unreachable for a while

Good luck,

I'll tell you all how it turns out (I was trying to get an invite up on some webspace, but I've run out of time. If I do, it'll be at http://www.webpark.cz/preklad/Announcement.doc , but it looks like I won't be able to)

*edit* done, but the adress I gave before wouldn't have worked. If you want to contact me, it'll have to be through [email protected], but don't expect any quick replies

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]