Monolith continues to impress me

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Talk about an underappriciated Engine and Development team. I have liked all their FPS games. Monolith has done it again. Get yourself to fileplanet or 3dfiles and grab the new playable demo for Alien V.s. Predator 2. This game just went on my MUST GET list. It comes out sometime before Christmas.

This game is just AMAZING in the atmosphere dept. I was scared out of my wits playing that demo. You have to play it to really understand. one of my big tough 6'3 co-worker/friends came over during lunch to check it out. 2 min into the demo he turns to me and says "im terrified, i cant move my fingers". He was totally freaked out. This game is going to be totally awesome.

If I ever win the lotto, I intend on starting my own game company. The Lithtech engine is my engine of choice.

Go get this demo pronto

Ah, I got to download that right this minute then, being a fan of the first AvP game.

For those that haven't played this excellent game, a cheap Gold version of it is out in the bins...

heh, It would be quite an experience if our BC's were to be infested with alien lifeforms.. (although my crew looks at me as if I were an alien when I command a fullscale planetary attack, just because the inhabitants dented my ship.)

Oh yeah, AvP .. I beat the game Directors Cut in both Alien and Predator, but I never finished Level 1 as a Marine, cause I can't handle the fear ... it scares the hell out of me, and I wet my pants, literally ! I think I wont survive the AvP 2 Demo without a major heart-attack, so im not going to d/l it unless anybody tells me theres Alien or Predator Gameplay as well

Cheers

I liked the AVP2 demo except, it is quite short, and its framerates are slow even on a fast computer. It is a bit tense, but it isn't quite as claustraphobic as the first one. The dynamic music and sound fx are very chilling when aliens attack

Also IMO the Red Faction Multiplayer demo is a blast to play. I like the railgun in it. With it, you can go to a 2nd fire mode where you can see enemies heat signatures through walls, and actually shoot/blast through the wall and get them.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Have some of you been to the counter-strike.de forum ? LOL ! We have EXACTLY the same discussion there, someone posted about AVP2 and another guy said in the 4th or 5th reply that the RedFaction-MP-Demo ROX and he likes the Railgun best ... LOOOOOL

They're finally coming out with AvP2? YES!!! AvP has got to be the best FPS in terms of atmosphere. Hopefully they toughened the marrines up a bit though. I actually pulled a muscle in my neck playing that game. I was so tense when I turned my head to answer someone, I pulled a muscle. I could never play them that well, but running across the ceiling was just too cool. I actually got around to making some skins for the game. Somewhere I have a Mr. T marine and a Marge Simpson alien. The Marge one didn't turn out all that great, but it was definately weird looking. I was going to try and make a Homer Predator, but alas, I never got around to it. As soon as I get the money to rebuild my system and but BCM I know what my next purchase will be now.

You think AvP2 is scary try playing Silent Hill through the night with the volume up and see if u can sleep normal. And do the same thing when the sequel comes out for the PS2 coming soon!

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

I liked it, my problems with it

• Too short (Yes it was)

• Too easy

However, the Music and sound effects were the bomb. I was scared before I had even seen an alien. Only took 2 tries to beat it (the first time I grenaded myself) but I guess that's how an AvP vet does it.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Ok, tell me the truth guys....

Were you playing on easy???

I thought so.

Try it on hard. Thats how I played it. Took me more than 2 tries. About Four. hehe