"Great support from Strategy First"

Soback

I recently bought Europa Universalis. So after installing and playing the game for about half hour I found out that it's just impossible since it's full of bugs (release version 1.07c). Well, I went on the internet and downloaded the appropriate patch for North America version and guess what? After installing the patch all I get is a safedisk logo and then my desktop (great, instead of fixing problems the patch just won't let me even start the game altogether). Next thing is I e-mail their support and tell them the problem. A day later I get an e-mail stating that I should upgrade my CD-ROM drives, disable the antivirus program and turn off all the junk in the background. I did all of those things and well, it didn't help. So I E-mailed them again. What did I get in response, NOTHING. I went to the Europa Universalis forum, posted my problem there. E-mailed their support one more time. What did I get then? NOTHING. So they are just flat out ignoring me now.

Final words. This game is going back to the store. Also, EVERYONE who even asks or starts complaining why BCM is taking so long should be banned immediately. SC is trying to make this game bug free, and supports it's the most precious thing in his life and some jerk comes around and starts talking about why the game is not out yet and ect... Well, I got this to say, go buy Europa Universalis, play it, then try to update it and when you run into problems and get no support don't come here asking why it's taking so long or trying to trash SC's credibility.

Long rant, but I am really upset. The least they can do is send me an e-mail saying "We apologize for putting out a game that is full of bugs and unplayable out of the box, and for making the patch that doesn't help at all, but we don't know how to fix your problem" instead of just ignoring me, and to think I was going to buy Empire of Ants. Never again will I buy a game with Strategy First logo on it, no matter how great it claims to be.

Try playing Fantasia scenario. After about 150 to 200 years there will be this continuous noise so it will be just impossible to play any further. Then there's about 25 other bugs that apply to other scenarios. v1.08 patch fixed those, but then it either created new ones or just didn't fix all of them because v1.09 fixes about 30 more bugs. So from v1.07c (what I have, from the original cd) to v1.09 there's a total of about 50 bugs. If you can play with them then that's great. I run into those bugs and it makes it just impossible to play and ruins the whole point of the game which is strategy, and them refusing to help me by ignoring my e-mails or posts is just making it worse. And making a patch (v1.09) so that it screws something up with the safedisk is just stupid, (and it obviously has something to do with protection program because the safedisk logo after the patch looks a little bit different and it just prevents the game from starting).

This is insane, they have sent me a 1.08 patch. It helps but not really since the problems that I have are fixed in v1.09 patch. All I have to say is I am happy that SC is making BCM and not some other company.

I've got EU, and its a great game. Have you tried going to the Paradox/Europa Universalis website? Their the game developers, and they have a great fanbase that helps people out with tech issues. The devs also post on the forum alot. Paradox is a great dev team that really cares about their customers, so please to rag on them without even visiting the site. Here's the site www.europa-universalis.com

Yes, I have posted in their support forum. Got advices like defrag your hd, disable antivirus, programs in the background.. the usual. It's that damn 1.09 patch, screws up everything (safedisk), don't know why they even updated safedisk or whatever they did to it they shouldn't have.