Prayers for the Sick Kitten

Akuma Minako

Looks like I've been posting more and more sad things here...But well. This is very important.

Firstly my most profound apologies to Blades and the Orion Fleet for being so inactive. I involuntairly took up two full time jobs...No breaks, no time, no days off until today anyway....

But that's not really the topic is it?

Now, I'm pagan, not christian, or buddhist, or any other religion but one thing we all have in common is prayer and belief that a prayer can help an ill or dying loved one.

I just got a kitten. Just two days ago. His name is Akisame (Meaning Autumn Rain in Japanese). I saw him three days ago playing outside. It thought he was the kitten of some house cat but I was wrong. Aki was a stray kitten. Only six weeks old and I didn't realize just how sick the poor thing was.

This is my first pet. The first one to call my own. I took him to Foss' Aunt as soon as I got him not realizing that this poor thing is on the edge of death.

He had a severe upper respitory infection at least that's what two people told me so far...Both very experianced in animals.

I'm scared that I'm going to lose Aki. I don't want to lose him no matter what. When I brought him to Kathleen (That's Foss' aunt) he was little more than 4 ounces and he's six weeks. That's a very small cat. He should way at least a pound by six weeks.

Lemme put it this way when I was born I weighed 7 oz. If he's four then he's also dehydrated. (He was). Six weeks, a tiny little nothing, infected eyes that seeped puss...Runny nose with yellow fluid and sneezing. I so scared for him.

The good thing is he's eating, and he's fighting back a bit now. I think he'll be okay but I emplore you all, as my friends please add little Aki in you're prayers. I really don't want him to die.

A few months after we moved to Switzerland, I found a kitten, a very sick kitten, in the farmyard where we used to live. Like yours, riddled with flu and weeping, infected eyes. The works in fact, just like yours. He was also about 6 wks old and just skin and bone. Well we took him in, bottle fed him throughout the night for a week or so. needless to say he survived (minus an eye) and turned out to be a bloody brilliant cat called Clive, he would respond to whistles, leap from the floor into your arms, sit on my shoulders etc. Moved house twice with us, disappeared for weeks on end and came back etc etc. Now the ungrateful little bastard buggered off about a year ago and has shacked up with a girl (single, reasonably attractive ) who lives in our complex. What I'm trying to say is that he will survive, but whatever you do for him, he won't thank you for it and will sod off as soon as the surroundings aren't to his liking (in our case it was the kids). I hope he pulls through for you, just don't expect any thanks.

*gets a bit of a tear in her eye* Aww you guys. Don't worry I'll keep you updated for sure! He batted and tried to leap off of my knee today. He's getting more and more active.

Last night he beat the crap out of one of Kathleen's dogs. WHACK right on the nose...And a good hiss too. And he's getting more talkative. I think he's going to pull through. I'm doing a day to day analysis so I'll keep you all posted on his well being.

Thank you for the well wishes. I'll be sure to relay them to Aki.

I got a cat one time... I was at work and it crawled into my car engine, (just a baby kitten) and rode with me home (don't worry no splatters)

The next morning I was getting ready to go to work and I heard meowing in my engine... I opened the hood and saw him in there. I put some dog food (wasn't expecting a cat) on the engine and left it. Had to borrow my mom's car. Then took my lunch break to check on it... the thing was still there. Then I came home from work, and in about two more hours it just crawled out cause it was hungry. I fixed it some stuff and a bowl of water and kept it in the house to play with my chiuaua,

They had fun and both of them would lay next to me when I was sleeping, fighting for who would get to rest their head on my chest... hehe. Oh well, my mom ended up giving the cat to my step-grandmother after he kept dropping dead mice through the ceiling and crawling on all her furniture in the middle of the night. He currently sits on his cat ass all day and eats and watches tv.

I will keep your cat in my thoughts Miss Akuma, they are cute little critters...

LOL Parias, that is really going to smell bad! Maybe we can corner the market in kitty litter.

Akuma, Aki should recover nicely. Cats have a way of doing that.

We were recently adopted by a kitten we named Milo. The name fits him perfectly too because he looks just like the cats in Parias' picture above. Notice the "M" on the forehead.

Milo developed an infection in one of his eyes, which is caused by clumsiness with the claws while scratching. Use a warm washcloth to wash away the excretions and Aki will be fine.

I have a HUGE cat, his name is Junior, and before he got hit by a car he weighed 17 pounds. He got hit by the car, it broke his tail, at the base, and smashed his right hip, and I mean smashed, it was toast.

The vet told us that he had no chance of keeping his tail, and a 20% chance of being able to walk again. Well, he lost his tail, but he walks like a champ, also jumps onto roofs, trees, unsuspecting birds etc.

Cats are tough, they can take a lot and just keep on ticking. The kitten will be fine, Junior is 10 years old, the accident was when he was 9, less then a year, cost me over $500 to get him taken care of, but, hey, he's worth it!!

And I think they taste like Chicken!!