Trade Center Bldg

MidnightGreen

Words can not possibly describe this tragedy.

My heart goes out the Americans who just lost

relatives, friends.

This is truely shocking... just seeing the Americans crying and waving for help at the top of the tower when you know in a few moments that the tower will colapse. Truely horrific.

I was just thinking of the people on the hijacked plane waiting hours in agony and crashing into the tower.

I read serveral Tom Clancy books where terrorists blew up a football stadium with a

bomb. Reality is even worse.

Truely horrifying. Air Traffic Control must have known how kan they fly that close to the towers?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They knew, there was nothing they could do.

Forget about any Star Wars defense system. The real threat in this new century is going to come from terrorist organizations.

My sympathies go out to anyone affected by this tragedy, and here's hoping the casualties were fewer than they could have been.

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

They knew, there was nothing they could do.

Forget about any Star Wars defense system. The real threat in this new century is going to come from terrorist organizations.

My sympathies go out to anyone affected by this tragedy, and here's hoping the casualties were fewer than they could have been.

Of course you're right, it's just.. i know in holland coupla years ago an israeli boeing crashed into an apartment. I just recall the last moments of the ATC which they let us hear in a documentary on TV.

Latest Updade:

-Plane Count:4

2 at trade center

1 at pentagon

1 missing

Correction: Shot Down Yay!

-All planes grounded . . .

Air force has shoot on sight orders for all non millitary aircraft

-President Bush at command center in Omaha Nebraska

#W*(*#&&*$**#*@*@*

This is when i wish clinton was still in office

He was good at handling this stuff

SHOW ME THE B@$T@RD$ AND I WILL LEAD AN ARMY AGAINST THEM MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clinton back in office? Good at handling that stuff? You mean good for opening up America so that other countries can #@$#%$%@ it. What did he do for the attack on Yemen? What about that plane incident with China? We paid them storage and shipping fees for that plane and got it back in crates. Are you kidding me, we should have done a surgical strike on that plane while it was on the ground being taken appart and studied, and we shoul have bombed the country with the terrorists that bombed Yemen, because if they can't contain their terrorists then we should do it for them. Maybe then they would have gotten the message that America is not to be messed with. Now we paid the price for doing nothing and being so liberal so that even the army, spyes, and law enforcment can't do their jobs.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Also thanks to Clinton for opening up Livermore nuclear labs to Chineese spies.

Soback, guess you're really frustrated, but the SC is right, let's keep this thread clean.

Allthough I'm not American, i've got a lot of Israeli friends (in fact, both my partners have lived there most of their lives, and I know quite a few people there)So, during the gulf war we had our moments of anciety as well. Moreover, I was in Bombay back in 1993, when that temple was burned. Was being shot at, locked up in an hotel for a couple of days and some other nasty things, so I guess I can say how these things may affect you).

So I guess I understand what something like this can do to you, especially when your a pilot (maybe I'm wrong though).

Anyway, like $ilk already offered. If you like to take this out of this thread, mail me at [email protected]

Pearl Harbor? Pearl Harbor looks like a skirmish to this. Comparing this vicious act of cold blooded mass murder to Pearl Harbor is nonsense.

Statistics:

Pearl Harbor: 2,000+ Casualties

Oklahoma City Bombing: 200-1,000+ Casualties; 5 International Suspects, 0 US Suspects at first (meaning: don't jump to conclusions)

World Trade Center Bombing 1993: ?Casualties; 22 ft. deep crater made by blast....

Present Situation: 30,000-150,000+ in New York, ? Casualties in Washington DC. 10,000 people dispatched after initial collision, many died after collapse.

150,000 unique visitors come to the WTC on any given average day.

4 Planes: 2 United Airlines, 2 American Airlines

AA Flt. 11: Boston to L.A. (767)

AA Flt. 77: (Didn't pick up path) (757)

AA Planes - World Trade Center

UA Crashes: 80 Miles away from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania; Pentagon, Washington DC (direct hit, although there is speculation; no debris or marks other than the pentagon itself, so we believe it is a direct hit).

---

Today started as a normal school day for me. In my third period (around 9:45 Central; -6 GMT), I learned of it and we all started watching TV. By the end of the day, it seemed as the entire school (along with the rest of the US) was in shock.

All activities were cancelled, and the local malls were shut down.

---

Many other students didn't take it seriously, but I did. If only others would see the world, in it's entirety; or are they pretending they don't care?.......

2 teachers had children in New York, one of them was on vacation touring Manhattan, another was a worker inside the World Trade Center. The tourist was okay and called up the school as soon as word came out.

My coach, who's son worked in the WTC, left the school, expecting a call at home. We're still unsure of him.

Teachers (at least the older ones) compared this to when Kennedy was assassinated. They told us about when they learned of it, how they didn't believe it at first, and the sudden jolt and shock that came when they did. That's the exact way my feelings went along.

I say that this will go into the history books of our children, much like Pearl Harbor is in the history book that I use.

The scenes were "movie-like", watching the people run away, the mayor telling everyone to "remain calm", and to "get out" of the city...... And even with the confusion, fear, shock, and sadness, across the world, there were scenes of people celebrating in Palestine.......

We as a nation were raised to believe we are the strongest. But this proves to show that we shouldn't rule out the inevitable. There will always be someone trying to destroy whatever someone else has set up.

---

At the time (3:15PM Central Time; -6 GMT), Building 7 of the WTC is on fire and may also collapse, the President is in an undisclosed location, lower Manhattan has been evacuated, all flights in the US will be stopped until Noon (Eastern; -5 GMT), Tomorrow (Wednesday, Sep. 12, 2001), Disneyland and Disneyworld are closed, malls are closed, professional sports games are put on hold, the Red Cross is in desperate need of blood (and they're even holding emergency blood drives here in St. Louis), the National Mall area of Washington DC is empty, and (from CNN) less than 50 flights are reported by the FAA as in the air, with no trouble.

---

I think this particular incident is over, but may this be a foreshadowing of things to come?

---

I feel sorry for everyone who is affected directly or indirectly. Especially those who died on the grounds of the WTC in the initial rescue operation, and the passengers of the 4 flights, who weren't even given a chance.

quote:

Posted by Korono Lakeela:

Bush will probably cry like a little baby because he was woken up without his milk and cookies.....apparently a palastinian group is claiming it.....I am putting out a cry for blood...lets give them a REAL reason to hate us...

Posted by Urza:

Oh, and NUKE THEM!!! NUKE THEM ALL TO HELL!!!

I've read stories and written a few reports about terrorism and war.

1: Terrorist attack on important target.

2: Retalliation by victim nation, nuclear or conventional warfare follows.

3: Enemy retalliates even more, and causes critical damage.

4. Victim nation launches nuclear missiles.

5. They launch theirs.

End story....... We can't afford not to retalliate, but we also cannot let any retalliation get out of hand.

---

If any of our fellow commanders out there are affected by this, I am praying for you. I recommend everyone do the same; and if you aren't religious, just hold them in high regard, and remember everything that happens today. This is one for the history books, and the choices our government chooses will have to be carefully planned, for the future relies on stability, and how we can restore our stablity and peace in such an event.

Nova, over and out.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Clinton back in office? Good at handling that stuff? You mean good for opening up America so that other countries can #@$#%$%@ it. What did he do for the attack on Yemen? What about that plane incident with China? We paid them storage and shipping fees for that plane and got it back in crates. Are you kidding me, we should have done a surgical strike on that plane while it was on the ground being taken appart and studied, and we shoul have bombed the country with the terrorists that bombed Yemen, because if they can't contain their terrorists then we should do it for them. Maybe then they would have gotten the message that America is not to be messed with. Now we paid the price for doing nothing and being so liberal so that even the army, spyes, and law enforcment can't do their jobs.

You're forgetting some very important issues . . .

He was able to handle the country very well. And if he could've just kept his whick dry he would have gone down in history as one of this country's best presidents.

Bomb China?

You're an idiot!

You want'em to nuke us back to the stone age!?

We are this world's icon country.

Most countries would get away with this but we would be crucified!!!!!!!!

I'll keep my opinion short, because that's the only way I can keep from breaking into a continous stream of cursing, swearing, and slurring. But if America declares war (Especially on Afghanistan... *restraining racial slurrs*) I will be one of the first to sign up. Bush is no pansy, and I shudder to think how this might turn out were Gore in office right now. Clinton, at least, made all his decisions based on polls (Both a good and bad thing)... if he were in office... there would be blood.

Guest Remo Williams

My heart goes out to all my fellow Americans that have lost family members in this cowardly act of terrorism. May God comfort you in your time of need.

Regards

When I say bomb china, first of all I mean a surgical strike on that plane and surrounding area to keep them from taking it appart and reverse engineering the tech. Not the population centers. Also there's no way they would retaliate with nukes because they know what that would lead to. And if you are going to call me and idiot then you are the one who is an idiot. I didn't insult you I civily stated my comment. So as you can see now, we are in one hell of a mess, I wonder if this would have happened if we would flex our muscle and not our political tongue, and be less liberal concerning the army, inteligence and police ops.

Well, i got a couple words to say on this subject...

I WANT the guy who ran this act's head on my wall!

i and many people in myy school agree that the US need to show a greusom execution of the perpitrater on TV as a warning to any further acts of terrorism against the US

It's just bloody awful! I saw it on Yahoo! about 3pm (CET) and phoned my wife. Her brother's girlfriend works next door to the Trade Centre, we could get any news about her for hours, but luckily she is OK.

Just 2 points: look no further than Bin Laden as your culprit; only he has the resources to pull off such an act, and we should strike back ASAP; secondly, what kind of security allows 4 planes to be hijacked almost simultaneously? Didn't Gore try and get internal flight security tightened up, but the airlines refused?

Anyway, my heart goes out to all those who perished and their families. I went to a local hockey game this evening and we had a minute's silence. That's how far this reaches into people's hearts.

Oh, please. Everyone calm down!

Bloodshed won't bring back people, bloodshed won't make the United States safe, and bloodshed will only make the U.S. less popular, leading to more terrorist attacks, folks.

Paddy, have you heard of plastic weapons? The security is good enough (God, my dad's good luck charm coin spent us 20 min at the security gate in April), but like they say, "Where there's a will, there's a way." Foolish suicide pilots, thinking they're getting into heaven for doing that; they'll find a way.

Eyes are on Bin Laden, but I'm still not sure yet. No one wants to jump to a war, without being sure if you're even attacking the right enemy. Speculation and panic are extremely good weapons for terrorists. If the U.S. begins to suddenly panic, then they can and will strike again, soon, while we're still mourning and grieving.

It looked like a movie, read like a documentary of Oklahoma City, but it's much more. This is the REAL THING. Right here, in the heart of the U.S.A. Think about it, and get it set into your minds. We aren't invincible, we've never been, and this proves it. Now it's time to get to the actual enemy.

Here's a news clip I got from AOL.

quote:

List of Crashed Planes

American Airlines and United Airlines both confirmed that two planes have crashed. Here is a list of the planes:

-American Airlines Flight 11: A Boeing 767 en route from Boston to Los Angeles. The plane was carrying 81 passengers, nine flight attendants and two pilots. The location of the crash has not been determined.

---------

-American Airlines Flight 77: A Boeing 757 en route from Dulles Airport near Washington to Los Angeles. The plane was carrying 58 passengers, four flight attendants and two pilots. The location of the crash has not been determined. Text of statement from American Airlines

---------

-United Airlines Flight 93: A Boeing 757, crashed southeast of Pittsburgh while en route from Newark, N.J. to San Francisco. The plane was carrying 38 passengers, two pilots and five flight attendants.

Rep. James Moran, D-Va., said after a Marine Corps briefing in Washington that Flight 93 was apparently intended for Camp David, the presidential retreat in the mountains of Maryland. The crash site was 85 miles northwest of Camp David.

---------

-United Airlines Flight 175: A Boeing 767. The flight was bound from Boston to Los Angeles. It was carrying 56 passengers, two pilots and seven flight attendants. The airline would not say where the plane crashed.

U.S. air traffic has been halted.

AP-NY-09-11-01 1320EDT

Copyright 2001 The Associated Press.

If you've just learned about this and can't get CNN or other stations check here:

BET, MTV, VH1, TNN are broadcasting CBS News.

FX, Fox Sports are broadcasting Fox News Channel.

TNT, TBS, and my local WB are broadcasting CNN.

TLC is showing BBC America News.

ESPN has ABC News

Food Network and HGTV are off-air.

On the radio, stations playing the M.J. radio show (mornings) are still broadcasting it live, with M.J. feeding sound from the major news stations to your radios, and taking calls. Z 107 (FM 107.7 Mhz).

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

UPDATE: EXPLOSION 2:35AM in Kabul, Afghanistan. See CNN.

Believe it's an American, or American friendly attack........

"Don't know source of video," says CNN reporter.

Please everyone. Pray that a war will not occur. The amount of people who died in New York will be trivial compared to what will happen if a war is triggered.

Bin Laden is on the move, and is reported to heading into hiding.

CNN is only using a video phone, so it's hard to see, and everything I see is delayed.......

It may not be the US retalliating, and people should be cautious about jumping to conclusions, they say.......

---

Update. Nic Robertson, CNN reporter is right in Kabul watching also, and he has some sources that are pretty sure that it's an ammunition dump in that area of Kabul.

CNN believes it may be an internal skirmish, civil-war like. But, for a rebel group, the explosions are "non-typical", because the 'Northern Alliance' in Afhanistan have been inactive for years.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]