Trade Center Bldg

MidnightGreen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's okay.

But still, it's funny that there's already explosions in Afghanistan, although Bin Laden denied him being involved, and the Taliban (rulers of Afghanistan) said they were against the attacks.

And the Pentagon is still refusing to produce numbers for casualties.

I feel like a reporter, doing this. And I'm pretty good at this too! I usually hate the media, too......

President Bush will address the nation, from the white house, at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (-5 GMT).

All for now.

It's hard not to be emotional about this. The SC has stated how he wants this conversation to be conducted on his private board, so we should all comply.

Well, I imagine that casualty count has to be checked, double checked against rosters, family notified, etc. (If you listened to the General's press release earlier)

As far as those explosions in Afganistan, The United States Military has stated it is not involved, and it is likely true since such a political move wouldn't be made unless we were sure.

The Taliban does have it's share of enemies in it's own country so don't rule that out (as it's the likely possibility for having the spotlight focused on their heads)

Anyway Bush is on right now so I'm going to catch his statement.

This is even scarier than I thought...an unseen and unknown enemy. We were having a discussion in the pub about this. Who the hell would profit from this? If the U.S. economy goes down so does the whole world. Normally during a terrorist attack the culprit would:

a) give a warning of when it's gonna happen, where and who was responsible.

B) claim that they did it for whatever sick reason a few hours later.

I don't see any of the above as of yet. This is just pure evil and does not help any political cause in any way. They would lose sympathy from even their own kind.

I pray for those that lost their lives and their families and I hope things would get sorted as soon as possible.

I can't sleep. Everytime I close my eyes all I can see is the 767 crashing into the building. It's 2.40 in the morning and I'm laying in my sofa glued to the news watching reruns of this incident. Nobody is claiming responsibility yet but I guess who the hell would? This is not war against America but against the whole world.

Why can't we all live in peace? Are we the human race destined to destroy ourselves?

They say about half of the 400 firefighters brought to the NYC scene and 78 police officers are dead...

The FAA (federal aviation administration) is being blamed.

Nobody claims responsability.

What's next? Was it a "small skirmish" or it's the beginning of something bigger?

I'm worried. Very worried. I've watched too many shows and sci-fi movies dammit...

Can't sleep either......

The feelings of initial shock, then the fear, and finally hope, as the congress-persons sang God Bless America in unison on the stairs in front of the Capitol.

---

Japan's Nikkei leads a global market sell-off, plunging nearly 700 points; Singapore sheds 8 percent, China shares lost 6 percent as traders feared a slower U.S. recovery.

See CBS Marketwatch Global Market Index

Even the European markets are down, gas prices are way up, and it's hard to grasp how much worse it can get. I anticipated an economic fall, the World Trade Center being hit, and all, but this is beyond what I've predicted.

$4.00? Where exactly is Burlingame? How much was it beforehand? It was 1.55 last week, and around 1.47/gallon this morning, before the incident happened, here in St. Louis. Around the 1.80-2.00 mark in Chicago.

Either way, we'll feel a large economic slowdown, worse than the one we felt earlier this year, and perhaps starting another Great Depression-style thing. To me, that is hard to imagine in today's United States, but then again, the Pentagon getting hit was something that I deemed impossible before today..........

Good night... Nova, over and out.

God be with us.

Pick the biggest known terrorist organizations and start wiping them out one by one by any means necessary as a UN action. Any nation not cooperating should be marked as hostile and treated accordingly.

What happened today should spark the UN into moving their useless arses and getting rid of this worldwide threat.

Enough is enough.

OH MAN< they just raised it to $4.99, god how am I supposed to drive to my flight academy? I burn 3 gallons that way. This is too much, we SHOULD, nuke all oposition and all the countries that harbor terrorists. It's time to retaliate not only for this but for past actions too.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

No, it's not price gouging. Price per barel of oil went up from $6 to $32. That's over 500%. Price per gallon of gas went up only about 300%, so theoretically it should go up even more.

huh... maybe more like it climbed from 26$ to 32$, thus making 6$ maybe? The barel has never been to 6$ since... since... a helluva lot of years

And the FAA is blamed about the hijacked planes, doh!

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

And the FAA is blamed about the hijacked planes, doh!

Epsilon5. Read your own post again. Three times if you have to. You stated that half the fire fighters died. Then you stated that the FAA was being blamed. You gave no qualifications in between.

AGAIN, The FAA has nothing to do with the disbursement of firefighters.

It seems likely you may have been replying to another post. It is courtesy to quote that post.

A bit off the main subject....

quote:

Price per barel of oil went up from $6 to $32.

But the problem of Gas prices probably will be solved once hydrogen cars hit the mass market. BMW and Honda I know already have working cars based on this fuel and I hear more companies are working on hydrogen engines. They say that they will be available for the public market in a couple years I believe. Then we should no longer depend on other countries for the fuel that drives our machines.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

We are the United States of America

We, America were brutally attacked today

We, the American people are in mourning

And we the American people, are angry

Today, the entirity of America is united in a way that has been unseen in past years. In America today, there were no colors, no races, no people from Iowa or Kentucky or Massachusets. Today, we are all Americans and nothing more.

The evil people who perpetrated these acts wanted to split and divide our nation. Instead, we have come together. We have come together and we will get through this. America is no longer pervaded by I.

Today we are American

We are strong

May the Lord God give his blessing to us all, and especially to those who have lost relatives and loved ones in todays tragedy.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Ben Somerset ]

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

I saw reports that the oil companies (in the USA) will freeze prices -- you are seeing crude price increases due to the markets closing down and uncertainty.

Also, don't forget the national Strategic Oil Reserves: the US has a huge amount of oil stockpiled. In addition, any station/company that is found to engage in price gouging will suffer severe consequences.

Crude prices are more a result of OPEC price setting and the spot market. American oil companies mostly deal in refined product (i.e. gasoline). The prices that are being reported are crude prices. There were some reports of local gas stations increasing prices at the pump, but there were also reports that those prices were reduced several hours later.

Again, uncertainty is driving the spike in prices, but they should revert back to normal once the markets are back online.

Another thing to consider: with the FAA shutting down all airports, this created a huge backlog in aviation fuel supply. Consider the amount of flights that take off each day. There is a continuous supply of aviation fuel from oil companies (from the same crude that gasoline comes from), since the airports are continuously refueling airplanes all day long. If you shut down all the airports nationwide, the oil companies have to stop the supply chain to the airports before the airport's storage capacity overflows. Think of the gasoline trucks on the highways -- where do they go?

This has nothing to do with the price of crude or the price at the pump, but how many of you considered just what it takes to be an oil company? A disaster like this has ripple effects, and the market uncertainty (will OPEC retaliate and shut down production and sales to the West?) reacts by assuming the worst and jacking up prices. Once the situation stabilizes, prices will return to normal.

Chalk it up to the commodities markets being closed today.

words fail me at this time to convey my hooror and shock at this series of brutal and cowardly attacks against defenseless CIVILIANS and federal workers of the united states.

It's not hard to understand the extreme anger of everyone in the world that has even a microbe of humanity in them towards the obviously extremely organized people responsible for this.

It's definitely an act of war against the united states, but done in such a way as it puts several people in the world at risk of a retaliation that will be harsh and global...and likely against many that actually had nothing to do with this (particular) attack, but are actually happy that it happened because of their misguided religious and political motivations.

I fear the intense recriminations that this event will bring on so many innocent people, despite the fact that so many untold thousands of innocent people have died today.

The threats against people who have had nothing to do with these attacks, but happen to come from the middle east, when it hasn't even been proven that it was orchestrated by people from the middle east.

Personally, I believe that ALL north american borders (Canada and the United States) should be firmly closed against immigration and new thoroughly strict laws should be put in place restricting the ingress of people from other countries to enter the north america.

North America is no longer isolated from the rest of the world (geographically), but I believe that at this point it definitely should be.

This may be extreme, and I agree that it is....however I believe that the initials "USA" should not stand for "Under Surprise Attack".