Something weird in a Christian Bookstore Calendar

Guest $iLk

This bit of news collected from Neil Boortz.

The book of Zephaniah is in the Catholic Bible. Anyway this is one of those flip calenders that every day has a different bible verse for you to read and study.

The scripture for September 11, 2001 was from The Book of Zephaniah, Chapter 1, Verses 15 and 16.

Read this .... and ponder:

15. That day is a day of wrath,

A day of trouble and distress,

A day of devastation and desolation,

A day of darkness and gloominess,

A day of clouds and thick darkness,

16. A day of trumpet and alarm

Against the fortified cities

And against the high towers.

That kind of made me feel weird considering how the two matched up.

Anyway this is the name of the calender

"Daily Devotions from Godley Men -- Men's Devotional Bible." - It is available in Christian book stores. Keep in mind that this was a pre-printed calendar from December 2000 to December 2001

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Yes, but THAT was written over 2000 years ago. And it is hardly Vague like the usual prophetic drivel.

I dont think that it necessarily applies directly. I do think that people sometimes need to step back and ponder the possabilities once in a while.

I am going to check that scripture out myself now and see what the context around it is.

Thanks for the info....

I think this was Ep 5 was talking about. I'm not sure if it's in exact form--got it in an e-mail from someone I know:

"In the city of York, 2 twin brothers will collapse and be separated by chaos while the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb and the war will begin when the great city is burning."

--Nostradomus

---

Double freaky...... Although, I don't belive in that "end of the world prophecy" stuff. (Or I'm leading myself to thinking I don't believe......)

Still, I've got to admit that I'm Catholic. Funny thing is, is that I haven't really taken any consideration on the differences of Catholicism and other Christian denominations.

---

I don't think the reading's exactly Catholic, because I was able to find it in a regular bible at my house.

For reference, it's in the Old Testament, right before the book of Zechariah.

Anyway, the entire book is just 3 short chapters, totaling only less than 2 1/2 pages (one-sided count). Some information in here tells me that "Zephaniah preached around the late 7th Century B.C, probably in the decade before King Josiah's religious reforms of 621 B.C."

(So Hellbinder's guess was just 500 or so off.....)

The jist of it is entirely about doom and the day of the Lord's judgement... It's short, but it's pretty strong.

Yes, I don't think it applies directly, either.

Lets see the titles of some of the sections:

"Doom of the Nations Around Israel" (title above Ch 2, Vs. 4)

"Jerusalem's Sin and Redemption" (name of Ch. 3).

If you read it, it's extremely vague about places and the length of time of wars, battles, and such aren't clear (as always in a prophecy).

If you believe it or not, I don't really care. I'm trying to make myself as 'politically correct' as possible.... I don't bias people on their beliefs, just trying to be friendly and keeping an open mind. It's just me.

---

But it too, strikes me as odd that that was the little verse for the 11th (on the calendar)........ *begins to ponder*

And that about does it for Hellbinder's job. I'm just one of those 'have to do it' guys; and having a huge floor-to-ceiling double bookcase right behind my computer desk did help too.....

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

The Nost. prophecy you posted is a fake.

The scripture is part of the Old Testament as found in the King James translation (The first translation into the English language).

However, you MUST read the entire book. The two verses are poigant but severly out of context. It's only a 3 ch. book. A very short read, but very dark. I suggest reading it for yourself.

I have this very same calander sitting on my desk here at work, my wife gave that to me for Christmas, a couple of years ago.

Last Tuesday, just as I flipped the page over, I heard somebody on the floor mention that a plane had crashed into the WTC, so instead of reading that page, I put my calander down, and went in search of news.

As the days events rolled on, I never picked it back up to read it, and finally went home at 11:30am.

I didn't pick the calander up again till Thursday, and when I went to flip the page, I read Tuesday's first.

Yes, after reading that, I too was a little freaked out, and even called my wife and told her what I had discovered.

Perhaps whoever planned this chose that particular day based on that reading. That would seem to make sense, since there were some other ironies present. Once again, my sig would seem to apply here.

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

I was just thinking, the attacks took place on 9/11, or with out the slash, 911 - coincedental? You decide.

On another note, i found this over at politicalstrikes.com (I admit it, i',m a liberal).

The way the World Trade Center should be rebuilt:

fu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, had to bring this up. Got it in a silly chain-mail message my cousin forwarded to me:

quote:

Points to Ponder

Look at this: It's very strange....

The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11

September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11

After September 11th there are 111 days left to the end of the year.

119 is the area code to Iraq/Iran. 1 + 1 + 9 = 11

Twin Towers - standing side by side, looks like the number 11

The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11

I Have More.......

State of New York - The 11 State added to the Union

New York City - 11 Letters

Afghanistan - 11 Letters

The Pentagon - 11 Letters

Ramzi Yousef - 11 Letters (convicted or orchestrating the attack on

the WTC in 1993

Flight 11 - 92 on board - 9 + 2 = 11

Flight 77 - 65 on board - 6 + 5 = 11

Talk about a coincidence...

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I think this was Ep 5 was talking about. I'm not sure if it's in exact form--got it in an e-mail from someone I know:

"In the city of York, 2 twin brothers will collapse and be separated by chaos while the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb and the war will begin when the great city is burning."

--Nostradomus

---

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I heard a radio talk show host talking about this the other day. The truth is this particular passage was never uttered by Nostradomus. What happened was some guy posted it on the internet just to prove that anyone could write prophetic sounding verses and it just took on a life of its own after that.

My opinion is that they shouldn't rebuild the WTC in the same spot. Look at it this way. I'm not trying to sound all wierd and stuff but most Ghost and Paranormal phenomona happens in a house or building where people or a person were murdered brutally. Well there's 6,500 or somthing people who are probably dead there. It'll become the most haunted site in the world if ghosts are real...And I've had a few encounters that made me believe.

As for wierd one of the planes was the Q33 go into you're Word Document and put Q33 into Wingdings. Holy. 'Course I could be wrong. But that's WIERD!

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Want to see something really weird?

The first plane to hit the WTC was flight Q33NY.

Type Q33NY into a word processor program then change the font to Wing Dings....

Ow, now that IS spooky.

Type Z instead of Y (they are exchanged on European keyboards) and it gets worse.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Want to see something really weird?

The first plane to hit the WTC was flight Q33NY.

Type Q33NY into a word processor program then change the font to Wing Dings....

Article in the SF Chronicle website on urban legends (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/10/03/BU213143.DTL&type=business)

-- The flight number for one of the hijacked planes, Q33NY, translates into a code predicting the attacks in a certain Microsoft font, complete with a skull and crossbones and Star of David. The code, however, doesn't match any flight numbers or FAA registrations.

This is the 21st century people, not the dark ages.

quote:

Ghost and Paranormal phenomona happens in a house or building where people or a person were murdered brutally. Well there's 6,500 or somthing people who are probably dead there. It'll become the most haunted site in the world if ghosts are real...And I've had a few encounters that made me believe

I know what you mean....I wake up next to one in the morning. Joke

I also come from a far east background so I know what you mean.

On a serious note I don't know if I should tell you guys this but from a week before this incident I kept having this recurring nightmare that makes me wake up in sweat every morning. The dream starts by me, my wife and my daughter boarding a plane to Florida for our holiday. This seems quite normal as we are supposed to go on a long trip to the U.S (for Christmas but now cancelled due to obvious reasons). Here comes the weird part, the dream always ends with me holding my baby tight as the plane begins it's descent to crash for some unknown reason. Even wierder still? This recurring nightmare stopped after the 11/9 incident.

I know this may sound like a major bull-shite but it's a true story and can be backed-up by my wife and close friends. I'm not a pshycic (if I were I wouldn't have made the mistakes I made in life) even though some of my family and ancestors are allegedly one. Frankly I don't believe in those mumbo jumbo bomoh-voodoo-excorcism-crap but I still think that it's wierd that it happened to me.

I didn't want to tell this story too soon but the worst of the initial shock has ended as it's been several weeks now since the incident. And no despite my antics I am not crazy.

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

/RP

Ah Herr Fendi, velcome to mine clinic. Ze answer to ze cessation of your recurrent plane-crash alptraum is wery zimple: a subconcious fear of flying, coupled vith ze impending trip abroad vas ze basis of said nightmare, und ze incidents and images von New York vas able to purge zese subconcious elements from your psyche, zus resulting in ze termination off zis nightmare.

/RP

Yes Dr Zoidberg I figured you'll say something about that. But no I still can't pay you yet for this treatment as I'm still trying to finish of your last bill. Yes Im still taking them pills you prescribed to me

Funny thing is Dr that I actually want to be a pilot and given half the chance I'd love to return back in time and change history and not drop out from the flight academy. Perhaps it could be my fear of letting someone else fly the plane instead of me....like letting my wife drive my 200SX, no?