Enterprise: The Night of Judgement...

Korono Lakeela

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope so, Voyager went directions that I couldn't fathom, and DS9 just plain sucked after the first 2 seasons.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this will be decent, and hopefully Gene won't be spinning in orbit!!

Whatever the first season looks like, if it follows standard Trek tradition, it will improve. I cant wait to hear first impressions from you guys. I still gotta wait another month before we get it on Sky.

I won't ruin it for you Jaguar but just have to comment. Besides; if you're watching the show you own't see this until after it's over anyway.

Just a couple things.

Obligatory crewmember not sure about "scattering atoms over space" but I think he used "datastream". Still, coulda done without that. Guess it's a Star Trek staple.

The "deflector array/blue thingy" on the front of the hull made it look like a Ford Thunderbird or a Galaxy with those big ol' grilles. I liked it.

Scott Bakula was good.

I actually liked Quantum Leap but I was young back then.

Story pretty good.

Overall I liked it.

I knew I should have commented on hating figuring out time zones. You won't even begin viewing until an hour after I'm done. That stinks. I was adding things up in my head and figured you'd be started with it by now.

Well, you got two things to look for and laugh at if you think I'm right.

Catch you tomorrow then.

All I can say is when you get hit in the leg with a highly advanced gun and it makes a hole in you're leg you do not say "Hwaah" In a very blahzae voice. My god. That was funny!

Honestly it wasn't that bad but you're right it does need a break. I mean Voyager was bad enough but to have a Vulcan and a Human?? (The spore scene) That's not right AT ALL!

*fiddles thumbs*

Umm.. I actually liked that scene.

Anyway, the time travel reference was there (oh my!), I think they are not following the Star Trek timeline (Human's first contact with the Klingons almost started a war), Vulcans shown as their arrogant selves (that I liked) and best of all, no more of that "we are civilized and politically correct" dung from the other ST series. The capt. actually threatened to whoop the vulcans butt if she did not shut up (ROFL).

Bakula fits into the role. Puppy eyed and bites. Also you'll notice the lack of crew competence/discipline. Reminds me of Farscape at the very start. I hope they keep it that way. Neelix character seems to have been reincarnated in that doctor of theirs.

That vulcan girl is HOT (enter the 7of9/Dax/Troi element). The one character that really surprised me was the comms officer. Very nice to see a fresh character (aka, not out of the mold set by other ST's). Someone is actually nervous and afraid of stuff without having a personality problem (Barkley mwahaha).

Im really curious if the series producers have planned for the crew to meet the romulans. Starfleet's first contact with them started the first of the 3 romulan wars .

I really liked the shape of the Enterprise, though I think it looks as if it should really be placed between STNG and DS9. Definetely looks more advanced than the ships u see in STNG.

The vulcan girl is hot. Did I already say that?

I'd give it a so-so. Nothing terrible, but nothing really great about it. I'll have to see a few more to really judge it. But I think those next few episodes will decide it for me.

Oh, and I really didn't like the theme music. It wasn't the music itself, but I didn't think that song fit.

The english guy was pretty cool. Probably just the resemblance to a certain other scottsman, who shall remain nameless.

Apart from that, It was certainly worth watching.

quote:

And I agree, this better be good 'cause I really did not like Quantum Leap.

I did.

quote:

Rest assured, if its bad he will leap back in time and fix what went wrong.

BTW, isnt this guy the same one that played STARMAN long ago?

Hehe. Are you talking about the Starman movie or the short-lived TV series? Not sure about the TV show (never saw it), but in the movie, the Starman was played by Jeff Bridges (he got an Oscar nomination for it too).

OK, the theme song SUCKED!!! Nix that puppy and go for straight instrumental music.

The Klingons were reasonable, but those thingy majig creatures were just plain out there, but what the hey, they said that they were going to change some things and I'll give them a little slack.

The Vulcan/Human oil rub was just stupid, can you say gratuitus sex scene, I knew ya could, no reason for it to be there.

Yes, the Vulcan is hot, no doubt about that, but 7 of 9 is, was, and always will be my favorite, (Bowed head) AMEN!!!

Bakula fits this character pretty good, no more of pansy antsy TNG stuff, a bit more aggressive, gotta like that!!

I give it a 6 1/2 maybe 7, but I will have to see a few more before I can really grade it. I think that they should have shown us more of the character personalities in the first go round, but hey, hopefully they'll build that in later shows.

Again, between 6 and 7 out of a possible 10.

Gotta agree with the oil rub: I liked it, but it didn't belong.

I like the ship. I like that they have absolutely no clue. I like that their equipment is inferior, that they couldn't hit a thing with most of their weapons, and that warp 4.5 is "fast, really fast"

The plot was... not bad. The acting was pretty good. It was a hell of a lot better than the first TNG. I love the interior of the ship. Nothing fancy, stark colors, and doors that you need to push buttons to open.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

but 7 of 9 is, was, and always will be my favorite, (Bowed head) AMEN!!!

* Reverently agreeing * Gentlemen, let us pray...

I thought the set and costumes were too monochromatic. Gimme some of that ol' Sixties' oversaturated colors. Speaking of which, nobody was wearing red? How are we supposed to know who's going to die?

Not too bad for the premiere episode. Certainly measures up to TNG's "Encounter at Farpoint."

quote:

Not too bad for the premiere episode. Certainly measures up to TNG's "Encounter at

Farpoint."

Hehe. Encounter at Farpoint was kinda rough around the edges, to say the least. For one thing, Troi hadn't grown a personality yet, or a decent vocabulary ("I sense...a powerful mind!" (LOL! )). Most pilots and/or premieres are like that.

Most pilots also have a funny way of indicating which characters are going to turn out better than others. In the case of Farpoint, those characters were Data and Picard.

By the way, what's your favourite ST pilot out of the five ("The Cage", "Encounter at Farpoint", "Emissary", "The Caretaker", "The Night of Judgement")?

Hey Fellas?? Is paramount going to be showing Enterprise on any station other than UPN??? The only thing is that I don't get UPN around here (very rural Louisiana; we hardly have roads) and I was just wondering if paramount was going to show it on any other networks.