Enterprise: The Night of Judgement...

Korono Lakeela

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to chime in...

First, I have to say that I rarely liked anything Star Trek after the original series. Some of the Next Generation shows were enjoyable, and I watched those sporatically. I occassionally caught a glimpse of the other series but I HATED them -- too much melodrama, same things over and over again. Nothing spectacular and it certainly lost its adventurous edge.

The Next Generation was pretty good in that it was the combination of the LATTER two series. It had the politics of Deep Space Nine and more adventurism than Voyager could even begin to have.

Now, as for this new series, I REALLY liked it. The characters seemed more, uh, human than the last two series. They seemed to gel well and the adventurism is totally new. The special effects were way beyond anything done in earlier shows and the show was much more upbeat. I wasn't bored in this one as I was often in the others. And it wasn't as gratuitously and ridiculously philosophical as the other shows.

Cheers for a good Trek show, finally.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

As far as Star Trek Pilots go, this was an absolute masterpiece (Recalls DS9's pilot episode "Emissary").

Pilot rating: Perfect 10.

Now the more reasonable view: Scott Bakula was born to be a ST Captain. He could do no wrong. As for the Vulcan chick... I hope they kill her off soon like Tasha Yar in TNG. It's just so cliche it hurts. Then when they broke into the oil scene... I mean, WTF! I was expecting SOMETHING... a kiss maybe, followed by a slap perhaps... but that was just gratuitous and wonton... and funny as hell, I could hardly believe what I was seeing. And of course, the captain was obligated to ask her to stay... because it wouldn't attract any viewers without at least one regular babe in an ultra-tight body suit. *sigh* That aside....

I think Paramount tried a little too hard to make Enterprise stick out independantly of the ST franshise (Why do think it they called it "Enterprise" rather than "Star Trek: Enterprise") and lost some of the important plot points in the process. Maybe we havn't seen everything yet (We never did find out WHAT that Klingon guy said to Archer), but I do remember mention that Klingon First Contact started a war, yadda yadda. Then, I still would have liked to see a valid excuse linking STs (Original) Klingon's lack of head crests with the latter episodes redesign. *shrug* I hate to seem like I'm picking nits, but, eh. The series still shows promise. We'll see where they take it.

Man, you guys, I liked Quantum Leap, I thought it was fun and very original. It was an excellent concept and I think that they did a good job with it.

Now, this new trek, we'll see, like I said between 6 and 7, maybe higher if the followup episodes are good.

I agree with the 6 maybe 7 raiting. I think that everything was too New Looking. If it was before the original series it should look older I guess. heh.

The oil rub scene REALLY didn't belong. my god! WHY?! Vulcans are my favorite and they don't get sexual attraction spewing from every pore they're like elves, stuck up and non emotional!

Come on guys! You had to think that the yell that the Captian made when he got shot in the leg was soo so...Unreal! I mean Uhwaaah?

"I never got to see "The Leap Home." *sigh* I've seen every last episode of QL except for the last. There isn't any place I can get it on tape or DVD is there"

He never leaped back. The last episodes had Sam Beckett leaping into himself and into Al (the hologram) fixing stuff about his brother, family and changing the past so that Al's first wife (the only one he actually loved but she re-married since he stayed for like 7 years as a POW) yada yada. Then they started him "meeting god" or some kind of poweful character that let him make the choice to continue leaping and helping people or to return to his time/body. Being the boy scout he was, he continued leaping. The closing of the last episode showed in text saying "Sam Becket never returned home".

Damn my mind is full of useless information.

And hey, I thought the spore scene was great. I think it was a very "human" scene. All ST's have tried to convince the pointy eared arrogants about emotions, I think this one will be no exception.

One thing I've got to say: Yes, the ship looks more modern than the original episodes and the Klingons have some headwork. But COME ON! This is TELEVISION, for the love of God. Now that they can do a WHOLE lot more with special effects, LET THEM. It's a LOT more entertaining that way. Heck, don't you think they would have with the original if they could have?

If you're going to nitpick on that, they may as well make it so you NEVER see who the Enterprise is shooting at (like the original show), make the ship model shake like crazy when its on screen, etc, etc, et al.

Now that they can do more, let them. Again, this is only entertainment. Take it for what it is.

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

But COME ON! This is TELEVISION, for the love of God. Now that they can do a WHOLE lot more with special effects, LET THEM. It's a LOT more entertaining that way.

At least the warp nacells weren't sagging like they were in TOS

Guest Macon De'Witt

Ok time to reveal myself as just another star trek geek. First off I don't have a tv right now so I missed the show and hate you all! That being said I LIKED Voyager better that DS9! I thought Janeway rocked! Lastly the real reason I piped up was the reason the "orignal" Klingons were more human looking and the "movie/later series" Klingons had the ridge heads is the "original" Klingons were suposed to be some sort of human/Klingon hybrid slave cast and the later Klingons were the "true" breed. And the BEST star trek pilot of all time is of course "the cage" aside from it acually being ground breaking and done on shoestring budget theres one very inportant fact too note ... as hot as 7of9 was NO star trek vixen and I mean NONE can ever match the apeal of the Orion slave girl from "the cage" green chicks are just plain damn sexy! now excuse me will I go put another coat of paint on my wife

quote:

now excuse me will I go put another coat of paint on my wife

Sounds kinda kinky to me!!

But yes, that Orion slave girl was hot, but being the pope of the church of "7 of 9" with PK-zip as my acolite, We must respectfully disagree. 7 of 9 is the foxiest, hottest, most streamlined, bodacious, female character, star trek ever had!!! and oh those nanoprobes!!!

I think that I need to go to bed now!!!

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Guest Macon De'Witt

quote:

7 of 9 is the foxiest, hottest, most streamlined, bodacious, female character, star trek ever had!!!

I would have to agree with everything you said there 7 of 9 was like a well tuned sports car. That woman made you wana go grinding through all her gears!

However I maintain the Orion Slave girl had more APEAL. First off we don't even know her name second she had the look of a dirty, filthy dangerous little animal sorta made you wana grab a whip and a chair and get in the cage with her hehehe

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

Guest Macon De'Witt

Well the wounderfull thing about women is they come in such variety so I certainly can't say you guys are wrong. That being said I firmly belive you can't truley judge a womans sex apeal untill you imagine her drenched in sweat. From my point or view the Orion Slave girl would acually look more attractive than 7of9 in this state.

All this being said my life long quest is to prove behond a shadow of a doubt that "One mans wife can be the SAME mans slut" so far my wife has never disapointed me So out of respect for my wife Ill stop talking about other women and go check to see if the paints dry

BTW, in case I forget, thanks for spoiling the treat of waiting for the show to air over here in Malaysia which would most probably be 3 - 4 years from now...

But based upon the pixs at the Enterprise web site the Vulcan looks hot...

Man, how I wish I was in the US