Enterprise: The Night of Judgement...

Korono Lakeela

You're dreaming aren't you Jeffery? I don't think Astro has ever screened any Star Trek series before (movies yes). I think the only time I've seen the series in Malaysia was the first season of TNG back in the early 90's (on TV3). I guess there's just not enough of an interest in that show back in that region.

Alternatively you could hook up a BIG sattelite dish that can pick up any channel you want.

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Macon De'Witt

Not THAT Orion slave girl THIS Orion slave girl

orion2.jpg

Of course this is a terrible picture, but best I could find.

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

quote:

FYI: The dancing green woman in TOS was Yvonne Craig. She also played Bat-Girl in

the original Batman TV show, as well as appeared in numerous movies and shows throughout the 60's.

That was another episode. Heh, I didn't recognise Yvonne Craig.

quote:

Not THAT Orion slave girl THIS Orion slave girl

That was Susan Oliver.

quote:

Fendi posted on 09-28-2001

You're dreaming aren't you Jeffery? I don't think Astro has ever screened any Star Trek series before (movies yes). I think the only time I've seen the series in Malaysia was the first season of TNG back in the early 90's (on TV3). I guess there's just not enough of an interest in that show back in that region.

When was the last time you were back in Malaysia? Astro is into the Third Season of ST:TNG...That's what I said in 3-4 years time!!!

Now for my say...

(I really hope I don't come off as a trekkie for saying this...)

Anyone remember an episode of DS9 where they accidentaly go back in time to the classic star trek episode,"The Troubles with Tribbles"? They look at the klingons with very, very small head-ridges, someone says something like,"THAT'S a KLINGON?? but...but..his head!!" Worf says," It is a long story, we prefer not to speak of it...."

My point: AHA! THEY SCREWED UP!! That implies that BEFORE A CERTAIN POINT Klingons did NOT have head ridges. And what am I seeing on this klingon they picked up from Earth?? Gee....

Otherwise, I thought the show was overall good, as pilots go, liked the vulcan chick, despite the fact that it's too cliche, and I thought some of the technology looked too advanced. The transporter, for example. Looked nothing like the transporters in the classic series, or even the movies for that matter.

One last thing. REAL trekkies will recognize a ship called the "Akira" class, an awesome warship comparable to our Battlecruiser Mk. 3. But, the "enterprise" looks almost exactly like it, except that the nacelles are up instead of down.

-EDIT

Like my sig. says,"D'oh!!"

I really ought to notice how many pages there are in a thread FIRST

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Now for my say...

(I really hope I don't come off as a trekkie for saying this...)

Anyone remember an episode of DS9 where they accidentaly go back in time to the classic star trek episode,"The Troubles with Tribbles"? They look at the klingons with very, very small head-ridges, someone says something like,"THAT'S a KLINGON?? but...but..his head!!" Worf says," It is a long story, we prefer not to speak of it...."

My point: AHA! THEY SCREWED UP!! That implies that BEFORE A CERTAIN POINT Klingons did NOT have head ridges. And what am I seeing on this klingon they picked up from Earth?? Gee....

Otherwise, I thought the show was overall good, as pilots go, liked the vulcan chick, despite the fact that it's too cliche, and I thought some of the technology looked too advanced. The transporter, for example. Looked nothing like the transporters in the classic series, or even the movies for that matter.

One last thing. REAL trekkies will recognize a ship called the "Akira" class, an awesome warship comparable to our Battlecruiser Mk. 3. But, the "enterprise" looks almost exactly like it, except that the nacelles are up instead of down.

-EDIT

Like my sig. says,"D'oh!!"

I really ought to notice how many pages there are in a thread FIRST

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

I think that it was nothing but an inside joke.

At any rate, it's FICTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT.

Guest Macon De'Witt

Ok I ripped this off from a star trek fan site, this is kinda what I was trying to explain earlier, but wasn't enough of a trekie to do it.

quote:

This is my latest version of the Klingon Appearance explanation. It has its basis in the new book, "Star Trek Science Logs" by Andre Bormanis (Trek's science consultant). Further ideas are either my own, and a few date from a fanfic company, Orion Press. Anyway without further ado...

***Differences in Klingon Appearance Explained***

Originally, the Klingon race was much like humans. There was a diversity in skin and hair tones (though they tended towards the dark) as well as a variety of sub-cultures. Around the age of 35 or 40, Klingons began to develop the a series of bony ridges on their foreheads. The ridges were considered to be a sign of honor and wisdom, for in ancient times it was rare for a warrior to even reach the age of 50. By the time one was 50 years old, the ridges were fully developed.

In the early part of the 23rd Century, the leaders of the Empire experimented greatly with genetic engineering. Their ultimate goal was the development of a "super soldier," which basically amounted to a Warrior Caste. The Warriors were stronger and more cunning than their creators. Among their other distinctions was the unique feature of being born with their wisdom ridges already developed.

Unfortunately, in their effort to create a ruthless killing machine, the creators also endowed the Warriors with very little in the way of remorse,and a substantial sexual appetite. The result was genocide. Literally billions of natural Klingons were slaughtered, beginning in the late 2260s. Warriors interbreeded with the original race, producing mixed offspring. The Empire was plunged into chaos during the 2270s.

Finally, in the 2280s, the two groups of Klingons began to reconcile. Their one common ground was the worship of Kahless, and through his disciples, the Dahar Masters, the way of honor saved the Klingon race from extinction. However, the damage was done. Nearly all of the original race was dead, and most who survived were women carrying half-Warrior children. With their new code of honor firmly in place by 2300, the Warriors realized just how dishonorable they had been to attack not only their creators, but their own flesh and blood in a pointless conflict. As such, there exists a great deal of embarrassment and even denial regarding the subject well into the 2370s.

Guest Macon De'Witt

The is the acuall wacked ouyt theory I was trying to explain earlier but it seems trekies have changed their theory slightly based on some new ST books (see above)

quote:

2.) THE GENETIC/PHYSICAL ALTERATION THEORY

Concept: The ridgeless Klingons were altered to appear more human.

They would serve on the Federation border to make the eventual conquest of humans easier.

Good: This one seems to cover most of the bases. It explains the ridges, and also explains Worf's unease with discussing the matter. Klingons consider hiding one's face (read: true nature) from an opponent, and if their ancestors did it, modern Klingons might feel shame. Also, it can explain KK&K; they were altered "back" into ridged Klingons when humans discovered the ruse.

Bad: ??????

Guest Macon De'Witt

MY OWN THEORY

Back in the original show the Kilingons were warlike it's true but they were big sissies who could barely take down a "red shirt". At the same time the Federation was evolving into the politically correct government it is today. So a large rag-tag fleet of metal heads (heavy metal adicts) fled the Federation in search of a new home were they could act like the animals they were (note: Even Kirk couldn't take the crap anymore and got demoted for helping out Spock). The metal heads wound up making their home in the Kilingon Empire and started beating up Klingons for their lunch money. Over time the metal heads taught the Klingons the fine arts or partying till they puked, rough sex, head banging and yes even quoting Shakespeare! As a result the Klingons got a lot tougher and developed ridges on their heads (The head bangers played a little joke on the Klingons and told them it was cool to slam your head into tables and smash beer cans on your forehead)

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

I think I was in Malaysia during the New Year right after 'Hari Raya'. I spent most of my time in the karaoke bar thanks to the cheap alcohol. By the way a friend of mine there saw all the episodes of DS9 and Voyager way before me...just not on TV Malaysia. If you want to see the latest just pop in the local video rental store.

Oh and how much is a GeForce3 back at your end? Back here it costs around 300 quid (roughly RM 1500).

Klingons as seen in ST:TMP and onwards are Imperial Klingons, as in the true Klingon race. During the period prior to Star Trek TOS the Klingons experimented with inter racial breeding, and came up with Human/Klingon fusions. They also did the same with Romulans. As indicated before, the fusions served on the boarders of other empires while the Imperials kept to themselves deep in their own territory. Roughly at the same sort of time, the Klingons extended their borders away from the federation and Rommulan empires to do all manner of evil conquest like things. Eventually, they bumped into a species that would be akin to the Borg in TNG. The Klingons fought a long war with these beings (Later refered to as Demons by the Klingons - I forget the racial name) and as a result of the drain on their resources, steered away from conflict with the Federation and made numerous technological exchanges treaties with the Rommulans. After this period, they stopped their experimentation with fusions and Imperial's started appearing all over the place again.

Anyway, thats from the original (And the best) ST:RPG from FASA and is based upon Paramount history drafts.

I thank you ...

quote:

I just watched another episode (missed the pilot). Man, this is bad. Real bad.

Missing pilot = missing 1/2 of story.

This episode was ... well could've been better. Their torpedos really suck. They can't hit broadside of a barn from the inside.

I give them one more go before I release control of the remote

TTFN

The truth is I really wanted the series to be in Sulu's timeline instead of this one. And no, I'm not a trekkie (even though I watched all of the available episodes,movies and every Trek related game available. )

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

Acting, not bad.

Whining: Horrible

Kill the whining character, Hoshi, or script her a backbone.

That's where I disagree. Star Trek has always had the "Bravest of the brave" on its shows. About time they display a few human qualities.