IMPERIUM GALACTICA III : Genesis

Guest $iLk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the thing that caught my eye was the GALAXY view - where you can zoom from anywhere above the galactic plane all the way down to a single ship. The only thing I am uncertain of is the interface you will have to deal with. The basic idea of these games has been good, I just hope they implement it better this time around.

They are probably getting a lot of news lately and want to push more towards the newstand folks, I have noticed the gaming industry picking up quite a bit after a mostly quiet summer...

Then again you do have the OCTOBER ISSUE as well hmmm..?

I have noticed faster releases of some magazines lately, I am attributing it to a sudden influx of "exciting developments" in the industry.

So have you seen any articles on BCM?

I think that there will be little fanfare at the BCM release outside of this community. Token lip service will probably be paid later by editors but Take Two's bc3k1.0 will still be on the ends of their tounges.

Well, no matter - we do what we can to bring others into the fold, casual gamers need not apply hehe.

I haven't heard much more about IGIII but the article in PCGAMER piqued my interest.

I've started messing around with game programming and am hoping to do an RP simulation if I learn enough.

THe programming and 3d graphics are all that's kicking my ass this second. I'm trying to understand 3dstudio max animation and how it works, but have had limited experience with 3d. 2d textures and stuff I understand, I have tried to learn as much as I can to do the 3d, 2d, and programming myself, and some friends to do the music and sound effects.

Hopefully it'll be out by the end of the decade but I'm crossing my fingers...

Guest Commander Hamblin

I've been a fan of the Imperium Galactica series since I first warily bought a £10 second hand game with a latin name, that looked more complicated than it actually was. In fact, it surprised me not only how easy it was, but the uniqueness of the interface, and the story. The only thing I didn't like, though, was that Imperium Galactica II didn't continue that story, or at least, continue in the same "universe", so to speak, with the Galactic Empire, and all those other races...

Also, the Imperium Galactica Destroyer looked so much better than the Solarian Federation Destroyer, in my opinion. The former looked sleek and menacing, the latter looked like a flying...sharp, pointy thing. An overgrown fighter, in fact.

There is one thing I'd like to see in this one, improved over both previous Imperium Galactica's. Ground battles. Imperium Galactica's ground battles were little more than a Command & Conquer rip off, with tanks and vehicles only. Imperium Galactica II's ground battles, were like a 3D Command & Conquer rip off, again, with only tanks and vehicles. In both, the way you won, was by having more tanks, with the most advanced technology. Balancing was terrible.

In my opinion, they should keep the interface from Imperium Galactica II, have similar designs for the tanks and vehicles (ie, both tractored and floating, the latter of which is very useful for going over any type of terrain), the same or a wider variety of units (MLRS, minelayers, Artillery, blah blah blah), and soldiers! As in, little people running around carrying guns and shooting stuff!

Well, even if it doesn't have any of that, I'll still be looking forward to Imperium Galactica III anyway.

For myself, I was always a fan of Sci Fi space opera cum battels, Star Control, Imperimium Galactica, Homeworld, Freespace, Starlancer, Wing Commander, X-Wing,...you name it I have played it, unfortunately all those mentioned above always disappointed me either with their implementation or the scope of play. The only ones that's really, really impressed me were Elite and BC2000ad. That's why I'm here.

• 5 months later...

Ressurecting this old topic because I've done some checking around on this game again.

Check out their homepage for some kick ass screenies and updates.

They say it should be out the end of this year, and my hopes are up on it. This game engine looks spectacular, just hope it plays as well as it looks...

Hey, uh, a little off topic, but anyway, I don't pay attention to PC games much. I was wondering, what ever became of Master of Orion 3? I was interested since GameSpy did their developer diaries of it. Anyone know?

Hey, $iLk, nice to see you again!

All I can bring up on MoO3 is that it's web site is still being updated, but near as I can tell they are still compiling exactly what it is they want the game to be. It's pretty hyped up, but from what I hear it's becoming less hype and more reality. Can't find any visuals or anything other than artist renderings, but we'll see. It looks to have lots of potential.

And that video linked above does kick major ass. I forgot to mention it in my first post. Even if your connection sucks, it's worth waiting out the 44MB.