• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

and has been for almost five months now

Actually, I've heard from a number of sources that the game will still be released, which is good news, because out of all the upcoming space-based strategy games, this is the only game I'm looking forward to just as much as Homeworld 2. It hasn't been officially announced as gone down the tube yet, and it's still even supposed to ship with Matrox's fancy new video card, so...

cool. 2 great space strategy games.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Still can't beat the demo, damn nukes

IG3 still alive? Good!

i use my carrier to shoot down the nukes, goto the screen with the weapons, shields and engines and click all the Phlanax. do the same for all ur ships, they will shoot them down as they get close

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Still can't beat the demo, damn nukes

IG3 still alive? Good!

Don't get close to the asteroids. When the time finally comes to send a strike team into the belt, send in only the Praetorian, Alexandria, and, if it's in a good condition, the Rome. Have them all attack Asteroid H, and only the Phalanx guns on that emplacement. When they're down, pull them out of the belt and use your tactical bombers to clean out the rest of the asteroids.

Finish up by sending in all of your ships (assisted by bombers from the Cleopatra, which hangs back) to attack asteroid base A, the main Outpost. Every ship should be attacking Devices (obviously), except the Antonius, which should be draining shields. Target the 4 light lasers first, followed by the shield projectors, and, finally, the Core itself. When the Core reaches critical and you get the warning, run everyone the hell away (click on an outermost asteroid and tell everyone to "Close Distance"). Easy.

One time I was pretty much winning, my fleet was in good shape, a enemy cruiser was disabled, and the battleship was nearly out of shields .. thanks to the nifty plasma cannons. Then a nuke came, and It was heading towards my battleship, and I was about to laugh in the enemy face until...

BOOM!

Imagine my suprise when I noticed the battleship doesn't have phalanx ... (and the battleship got a little far from the fleet, pursuing the enemy battleship

• 2 months later...

They hired another Dev team to finish it from what I understand...

I'm a little bit annoyed, thinking that Haegemonia and IGIII will both be dissapoints.

Homeworld 2 still looks slated for Jan2003 though