Giveaway

ShoHashi

Ok guys, after chatting a bit with Charles, I've decided to give away this old Voodoo5500 card I have....for free! I don't need it anymore since I've upgraded to the Radeon 64DDR. The V5500 is in excellent condition. Out of the kindness of my heart (and more importantly, just to show that us Insurgents are not evil) I'll give it away for free. Be advised though, I'm only sending it to someone in the continental United States. Ok first come, first served!

BTW, its a Voodoo5500 64meg AGP card.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

I've got a Voodoo5 5500 PCI, but it's not going for free (I updated to a Geforce 3)

However, I am willing to drop the suggested retail price, and used price from eBay, and offer it for an even $100.00 / no shipping charges to anyone in the United States.

It's in good condition, only about 8 months old, and has a little dust on it which I will gladly blow off before shipping .

Well, if you don't have that kind of cash I am always willing to work out trades.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

100 bucks?? Not when a 64MB GeForce 2 is going for nearly that brand new...

I respectfully submit my offer of $45.00 (I could use that for my third machine which is strictly for Glide games. It would free up 2 PCI slots now occupied by my two old Scan-line-Interleave Voodoo 2's).

Come on dude, Voodoo 5 5500 has two (2) 32 MB graphics processors on it (one for horizontal lines, one for vertical)

They are still listed as one of the top cards out there, so I'll lower to $80.00 + shipping. That's the lowest I can afford to go on it as I would just be crazy losing what they go for on ebay.

Cause I am a pathetic TOP OF THE LINE buying person.

I totally revamp my computer every 2 months and spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars. To buy the newest Hardware and Software...

Not that I'm trying to compensate for Penis size or anything, I just like to have the best available.

Actually I thought the Geforce 3 would be marks ahead when I bought it, but except for higher resolutions, it wasn't.

The voodoo 5 ran smoothly on a 800 X 600 resolution, though I can run the G3 on max res.

OK... I'll go 60 bones, but that's it. I do have specific need for it as I noted earlier so I don't think I'm a complete idiot for wanting it. I have different machines for different things. I have my 1.13 Mhz Dell laptop with the 32MB GeForce Go for general gaming & use, I have a 933Mhz PIII with a 64MB GeForce 2 (soon to be a GeForce 3 and 1.5 Ghz plus Athlon as soon as I get the time to rebuild it) for gaming, an 866Mhz PIII with dual Voodoo 2's for glide and recent DOS games (I may downgrade this one to a 450 Mhz PIII that I have laying around... the 866 is overkill for the games I'm using it for), a 486DX4 100Mhz for older DOS games and finally a 486 33Mhz for abandonware. I have a Pentium 233MMX that I could bump the 2 Voodoo 2's down to for a 6th machine for games like Nuclear Strike (sorry..heh.. I still love this game. Simply blowing stuff up is quite fun actually!) and BC3k V2.09. I do have numerous other working machines (Including two full Commodore 64 setups and a Commodore 128! Yeeha!), to P75Mhz Compaq's, many 386's, 3 iterations of the Apple II... but the first 5 I listed are the ones I use most. Like I said... a Voodoo5 would be great in my 866 as it would free up 2 PCI slots for other things.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: krazor ]

The only problems I had with it were transparent textures in certain locations, and when in FP mode 3rd person view if you zoom all the way up to your AE and move the view down as low as you can then you get some weird color on the bottom of the screen, but it goes away at every other angle.

Alright, how about $68 no shipping charge at all?

quote:

Oh the haggling...

That's why I like the Jawas in Star Wars and the Ferengi in Star Trek...

Hey - I'm a capitalist at heart

seriously I'm gonna go recheck prices and come up with a big discount if I can off pricewatch or something.

The voices in my head (like Jefferson Clay from the original Independence War, Nikola from Terra Nova, and various other voices from games like the Freespace series, Tribes 1, Deus Ex, etc) tell me that in order to get ahold of MY Voodoo 5, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers

On that note, has anyone been able to get Terra Nova to run perfectly well on a GeForce 2 or higher card yet? Hell, even with my uberbackwardscompatible Voodoo 5, I need to run a "Vesafix" program in order to get it to work properly. Aside from that minor niggle though the game runs surprisingly great. "Surprisingly" considering how I'm on a 1.1Ghz monster with 384MB of RAM, WinMe, and a 64MB AGP card when the game was built around the time Windows 95 was just starting to catch on and I still had a 486 with my "proud" 2MB Cirrus Logic 5446 card

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Parias ]

3Dfx 3Dfx, Voodoo5 5500 64mb PCI NEW,Bulk w/CD $ 136 6.5 9/17/2001 9:07:03 PM CST CompuVest

888-644-7017

206-547-2600 WA

That is the information on pricewatch.com for the lowest price of the same card I have. my card is used so I'll knock off 50 bucks. That's 86 dollars.

I'm willing to knock it down to 80 + shipping, that has to be my final offer. sorry

quote:

Alright, how about $68 no shipping charge at all?

Deal! Whoop... waitaminit...

quote:

I'm willing to knock it down to 80 + shipping, that has to be my final offer. sorry

Aw c'mon... that's no way to do business. I'll have to pass. Especially since the AGP version is going for 55.00-75.00 on e-bay and I could gain another PCI slot with that one.

quote:

Side note: krazor, where do you put all of those systems? With that many, i'd be stepping on keyboards and sleeping with a monitor for a pillow!

Heh. I have a computer business and my basement is my shop. Over the years I have accumulated many interesting computers and computer related items. My wife calls it my "cave".

The AGP version I have heard has problems which is why it's going cheaper. I will wait until I find that report to back it up, but look for the PCI card on eBay and see if you can find the same price. My card will go on eBay starting at $60.00 in the next week or so and I will provide you with the link if you wish. Consider this a "BUY IT NOW!" for $80.00

quote:

You know what, Sho, I'm not sure I have an AGP slot on my current home PC. I'll get back to you on that.

Let me know Aramike..if you don't want it, I'll put it back on the market.

quote:

Oh believe me, I want it -- just hope it will fit into my box. I'll let you know asap!

The card is 9 5/8" long...and you also need to hook in a free power cable as well. Hope that helps. I'm sorry, I should have given more specifics in the initial post.

That's true, the Voodoo 5 has two fans built onto two processing chips and requires an external power cable source from the mobo. (one of the ones like you hook into a cdrom drive)

AGP = short and brown

PCI = long and whiteish