Anthrax Outbreak. Serious!!

Supreme Cmdr

Notice how the FBI was so quick to denounce it as "coincidence" when the first guy got it. Now they aren't so sure. Shows how effective they are in reducing public panic.

I understand reasons why the government might lie to us, I just don't like it sometimes.

Well, if it IS coincidence there is nothing I've seen that suggests it. The inhalable form is usually attributed to sheep farmers and stable workers. From what I've read anyway. It is rare over here, but overseas, especially Ireland it is easier to find naturally.

Well time to whip out the big guns.

Jay Leno said something a few min ago. Says that the bombers over Afganistan prove we aren't afraid to fly...

(from what I picked up on NBC yesterday):

They found a link, which was a report by some of the other co-workers, that they got a fan mail, with some sticky-powery stuff on it, just days before September 11th. This leads investigators to believe it is a terrorist doing, because the powdered form can still be inhaled, and it makes it easier to send to other people. Another tie with this is that one of the worker's keyboards was detected to have Anthrax spores on it..........

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I hope we go after all terrorist groups not just Al Queda and Bin Laden becuase terror attacks won't stop untill they are gone. Then we focus more important things like getting off the planet before we ruin it, solving world hunger, getting working fusion power, ect... The list goes on and those out just one of the many things we should be doing instead of having to wipe terrorist off the face of this earth.

As for anthrax, i just hope we never have to deal with a attack becuase you to treat it before the symptoms appear or you will die. Which can be a big problem if you don't even know you have breathed in the spores.

A 3rd case of Anthrax has been discovered at 40 rockefeller square. Yes, NBC offices on the 3rd floor I believe, this is another type of anthrax which is hardly ever fatal, but the person can get very sick from it.

It was supposedly on a piece of mail and to touch the spores is how you get it. This is not a good thing!!

Cross our fingers and hope that this is the worst they can do and we can catch it as quickly as we have been!!

This doesn't sound like terrorists. I mean they usually go for the very big very wide exposure. I would think this is rather some wacko who is trying to create panic or to frame the terrorist and make people even more angry.

Went to a gun show last weekend. Been going to them for a while finding cheep ammo. Well this last gun show had several dealers selling Gas Masks. Making a profit off peoples fears. If you are wondering, Yes I do own a gas mask (I use it to change the Cat's litter box). I also have a protective suit to go with it. I have had it for almost a year. In my line of work you get Tear gassed and Mace shot in your eyes every once in a while. Soon I will be getting it once a month. Real fun.

To be truly protected, you are going to have to spend around $800.00 on a full NBC suit, you are going to have to shave off all facial hair, and you are going to have to know how and when to use it.

These gasmasks they are selling are only good against some blister agents, but mostly the biological and chemicals will seep through the filters, and many agents absorb into your skin.

So proper training in NBC warfare is probably required for 80% survival rate among those who are.

Anthrax shots have extremely bad side effects, they cause your body to stop producing testosterone, and you feel like you are 50 years old. This according to people who got it in the gulf war.

Also 5 more cases of Anthrax reported in Florida. "don't worry, it's isolated."

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Anthrax shots have extremely bad side effects, they cause your body to stop producing testosterone, and you feel like you are 50 years old. This according to people who got it in the gulf war.

Also 5 more cases of Anthrax reported in Florida. "don't worry, it's isolated."

Hey now, I had an anthrax inoculation and I haven't experienced any side-effects.

Yes, some side-effects do occur, like in any drug. But they are rather rare.

You can thank the media for every last one of those Anthrax incidents. As soon as ratings started dropping off (People just got sick of perpetually hearing "It was a terrible tragedy") they shifted focus to "They could still get us with... Anthrax! Its cheap and easy to make!"

THEN, little more than a week later, some guy in Florida gets it... Coincidence? Not a chance. You can diffinately thank the media for any anthrax outbreaks that occur.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

You can thank the media for every last one of those Anthrax incidents. As soon as ratings started dropping off (People just got sick of perpetually hearing "It was a terrible tragedy") they shifted focus to "They could still get us with... Anthrax! Its cheap and easy to make!"

THEN, little more than a week later, some guy in Florida gets it... Coincidence? Not a chance. You can diffinately thank the media for any anthrax outbreaks that occur.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

I don't think so. The media weren't the only people saying it and thinking it.

Think about this: what if the media said nothing and a MAJOR anthrax attack occurred, and the drugs weren't readily handy? The media KNEW of the potential but didn't say anything...

Then you'd hear the "why didn't you warn us?" crowd. "Let us decide what we need to know."

Well, a lot of people have made a fortune from this - In 1999 & 2000, there was the backlash against biotechnology, especially GM foods, and biotech share prices went through the floor. And now, with these Anthrax cases, biotech share prices are soaring...

We had an anthrax scare here in south africa on wednesday. i was talking to my gran about it and what she would do if she recieved a strange package. I then realised i hadn't told her that i'd ordered BCM!

I shudder to think what she would have done if she got it before me, probably called the cops and got it imploded! *shudder* all this waiting for BCM only for it to get destroyed, what a frightening thought...