Afganistan + Mechs

Guest dnoyeB!

I have said this a thousand times. SO WHAT? What if it does kill civilians? Those are the people that support the Taliban and those are the people that are willing to fight to the death to protect osama. Yes, maybe not all of them, but are you willing to loose American soldiers to protect those people who wouldn't even fight for themselfes and let their government kill their families and then go into other countries and kill civilians, I am not. Well, if they won't fight their government then we just have to clean up this mess and having our soldiers killed is not the way, it's like cancer, you have to get rid of some of the good tissue to get all the bad.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now on to nukes. Fun.

quote:

The fact still is, if you have an underground bunker with real bad little nasties in it, such as Anthrax, smallpox, mustard gas etc, a bunker buster will just spread the stuff around, whereas a small tactical nuke will incinerate the stuff before it gets a chance.

I disagree with that. A nuke WOULD get rid of the stuff, but at the same time cause equal air contamination.

The best solution to that problem is a fuel/air bomb. Sucks in all of the O2 in an area and incinerates it. Leaves no radiation in the atmosphere and totally destroys anything biological and chemical.

quote:

this is also what the Missile defense sytem is for, it would make Nuclear Ballistic missiles a Moot point.

That depends on the size of the launch. We're not trying to stop a massive nuclear attack with it, only trying to protect against a rogue nation.

quote:

I feel that about Nuclear, to likely to spread to the civilian Populations. Yes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both Military bases as well as cities. But the Fallout spreads FAR and stays forever.

Not necessarily. Chemical and biological weapons are not suited for military targets because of NBC overpressure systems and soldier readiness. The civilian population doesn't have those things. Nukes, however, have a good destructive power on the battlefield. In fact, many tac-nukes were created for naval use against warships.

I agree with Jaguar -- tac-nukes have a place. Strategic nukes do, too -- MAD.

quote:

SO WHAT? What if it does kill civilians? Those are the people that support the Taliban and those are the people that are willing to fight to the death to protect osama.

Then by your Rational the September 11th attacks were fully justified. Like you said, so WHAT if it kills Civilians.

Civilian Casualties happen, what is Important is that we TRY to avoid it. We cannot avoid it, but we can try. IF we stop caring about civilian casualties we become the Monster they are trying to make us into. Genocide is NOT the answer, Genocide will never BE the answer. What do you expect them to do once we Drop a Nuke on their country Killing 30,000 people, stop and rejoice because we kicked out the Taliban? NO, they will NOT, they will curse our name, and Strive HARDER to bring about the Downfall of the "Evil American Empire." When You hit somebody they hit back, The Taliban Hit us, we are hitting the taliban, now you want to go out and dig mass graves for the Afgani people?

quote:

but are you willing to loose American soldiers to protect those people who wouldn't even fight for themselfes and let their government kill their families and then go into other countries and kill civilians

What do you expect them to do? throw rocks at the Taliban? Their Civilians have no arms. The ones who do ARE Fighting the Taliban they are known as the Northern Alliance.

The secret is not to kill them, not to convince them their way is wrong. The secret is to convince them Our way is better. That is how you bring sombody to your side. Not fight them, not hurt them, not Kill them. Teach them. There is NO better way to do this then to go OUT of our way to Avoid killing Civilians.

Would I put American Soldiers Lives at risk to avoid killing Civilians within reason? Yes I would. And I say this as One of those Soldiers who has Served his country, and will do so again if they require it. I still have many friends in the Military, and I think of this alot. There is one thing to remember, our soldiers are Volunteers. They Have CHOSEN to put themselves on the firing line for Us. I do not want to go to a war, and have to try to kill people, nor have people try to kill me, that is not the point, I will go if I am needed. But the Afgani People were NOT given a choice, they were TOLD, this is the way it shall be. We are there to help GIVE them a choice. If they do not want to fight the Taliban then that is THEIR choice to make. We cannot expect them to fight our war, and it is OUR war, not theirs. By your rational of they are responsible, then YOU are responsible for the Attrocities commited in Vietnam by AMERICAN Soldiers, and there WERE attrocities. You cannot Blame the Afgani people for this. You cannot Kill them, you cannot lock them in Prison. They are not to blame, they are not protecting osama, they are getting the hell out of our way, they are welcoming the Northern Alliance into the cities they have taken. If ONE nuke gets dropped, it undermines All that has been accomplished, this world wide coalition against terrorism will disolve, because then WE will be terrorists.

Killing their Civilians will not bring ours back, Killing bin laden will not bring them back, this is NOT about revenge, this is Not about punishment, this is about helping to prevent it from happening by these same people in the future. Will this war succeed? well, we Will destroy the Taliban, and bin laden, will it stop Terrorism? Nope. But it still needs to be fought.

quote:

The best solution to that problem is a fuel/air bomb. Sucks in all of the O2 in an area and incinerates it. Leaves no radiation in the atmosphere and totally destroys anything biological and chemical.

This is true, the BLU is a bad boy, FAE is an excellent way to go when you are talking surface, but the tactical I am talking about is bunker buster, or digger tac. it basically buries itself into the bunker with all that nasty stuff and when it goes off it disintegrates it totally completely and absolutely. With a little bit of fallout yes, but not nearly as dangerous as the stuff that it is destroying.

I need to find one of those FAE animations, talk about incredible!! GEEZ!!! LOL

but if we make afganastan one goey radioactive blob there would be no terrorists to try to kill us.

and if any one any where trys somthing like what happend on 9/11/01 or uses bio and or chemical agents any where agen make it ploicy to flatten where they came from to the ground!

any way it would make me feal better......

IDEA: tape the event in excruciating detail and force all the other middle east countries to wach it forever! (scrambel there comunications)

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa........see if they do it agen.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: warreng ]

Actually Melcar, it became our war because of those civilian ignorance and unwillingness to fight their opressors. Now we have a lot of our people dead and our economy crippled. Why should we take special care and loose more lifes just so that we can protect those who didn't care enough to protect us, but not only that they didn't even care enough to make it better for themselfes. Their civilians pay taxes too, they don't have to throw rocks at Taliban, there's a lot of things they could have done, revolts, uprisings, demostrations. Taliban can't kill all of them because ultimatly that's where their power comes from, their people. The reason that Afghanis didn't fight Taliban is because now it's easier for them to get away with illegal activities which bring more profit instead of taking the harder and longer road but would ultimatly make the country better. So before you get all mushy and start telling me how people there should have the human rights that America offers it's people don't forget that our people died because of those civilians and that those civillians would kill you in a second if they had the chance just because of the way they had been brought up since birth. But because of human rights activists, liberals and so forth we have to be considerate and compashionate of our enemies. Wake up. If WWII was fought this way we would all be soap bars in stores right now.

quote:

ya if the usa piss of china.... u can see a mass nuke attack becouse we all know the chinese HATE the USA...maybe not at USA but at bush!

You know, I could have a REALLY good time with that post. But since French is probably your first language and English a second, I am going to cut you some slack.

China does not hate the US, we are the only reason they still exist, where do you think all our manufacturing went? Also, who buys all those products that are "Made In China". No, China knows better then to drop nukes down our throats, because they would be slitting their own.

They loved Clinton, because they bought him Lock Stock and barrel. They OWNED Clinton, and I mean OWNED!! Bush is his own man, and that has to scare them, but otherwise they are now going to walk on eggshells, we can destroy China economically in a heartbeat, it would hurt us in the short run as well, but we would survive, THEY WOULD NOT!! That is when we would have to start worrying about some sort of an attack.

Some people think that US is arrogant, the Chinese are MUCH worse.. this is why when that plane landed on their island, after colliding with one of their jet jockeys, that didn't know that you don't shove your tail through the prop of another plane and expect to stay airborne, They had to have us apologize or they would hold our people indefinitely. Bush didn't put up with that for one minute, Gore would have been on his knees doing the Monica to get our guys back, but Bush held his ground and got our guys back with our relationship with China intact and China realizing that they better not mess with us again.

Bush is the first president that stated flat out, that Taiwan would get whatever military help they would need if invaded, that has to scare the bejeesus out of the Chinese!!

NO, China is not a real threat YET, but if we lose the ground that we have gained, then they could possibly in the future become a threat.

Guest fallengod

well... to be bush is a big *******.... if u look it his first 4 month... he piss off most of the world super power... canada.. russan... china...

canada: soft wood, bush keep forgeting about canada! (I AM CANADA)

russan: missle def and that "starwar" thing

china: that plane thing...

Bush is better then Clinton and probabaly better the Gore. He might not be a hard core republican but I love the way he takes charge. He is a man in charge who got balls for a change. How does it feel to have a MAN in charge instead of someone who has been walked around on a leash too long?

Fallengod, you are in Public school up there in Canada aren't you?

And the only reason some Canadians hate Bush is because he is NOT a liberal. If Gore was in charge right now, I would be heading for some mountain hideaway waiting for the end. He'd be hiding in some bunker crying on Tippers shoulder.

You may not like Bush, and in all honesty since you are Canadian, I am not surprised, but he is doing an excellent job dealing with this situation, and just wait until the Russians decide to join up with us with the missile defense shield.

The Russians are coming!! And it's ALL GOOD!!! This is also a Bush deal. I would NOT be surprised if in the next 3-5 years, that Russia asks for membership in NATO. Remember you heard it here first!!

This would add world stability like nothing else, and watch for Russia to start selling us a LOT of OIL in the near future, and OPEC is gonna be pissed, this is also why OPEC has dropped prices to almost $10.00 a barrel, they do NOT want Russia competing with them. Putin and Bush are laughing at OPEC right now!!

quote:

Originally posted by fallengod:

well... to be bush is a big *******.... if u look it his first 4 month... he piss off most of the world super power... canada.. russan... china...

canada: soft wood, bush keep forgeting about canada! (I AM CANADA)

russan: missle def and that "starwar" thing

china: that plane thing...

Canada: Is Bush the president of your country?

Russia: Funny, but the political pundits are calling Bush's policy and relations with Russian and President Putin the best relations we've ever had. People can be friends and disagree, you know.

China: Bush got the crew home, right? What, are you so naive as to think the plane would NOT have crashed if someone else was president?

My suggestion: Learn a little bit of what the hell you're talking about before you actually try to talk about it.

quote:

My suggestion: Learn a little bit of what the hell you're talking about before you actually try to talk about it.

Gotta agree with that sentiment, Fallengod, It would be advisable to stay out of political discussions until you have some actual facts to base actual opinions with.

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Your english is not the problem, your naivete with the political discussion in progress is the problem.

You make statements without truly looking at the actual situation as it is.

Most of us that have been posting most of these political threads are political junkies, and have a lot of knowledge to base our opinions on. You obviously do not have that knowledge yet, you need to get out there and study what we've been looking at and learn the day to day political maneuvering etc in order to make a positive addition to such a thread.

We welcome your input and your opinion, but it needs to be based on SOMETHING...