Some Board Difficulties

aramike

Yes, I have been as well, but thought that it was my Exporer, this computer is starting to act up, so I thought it was me.

When it does happen, I hit refresh and the whole thing loads.

Yes I have as well. Went into one forum and the thread name stopped about halfway down and half of a javascript message appeared where the light bulbes usually are. I backed out and went back in and everything seemed fine.

I have been having problems with this board for the last five days or so (I think).

However, in my case hitting refresh is not helping at all (If anything it makes things worse - the page gets cut-off further and further up).

Basically any page that is longer than about 20-25 posts is being cut-off and I am unable to get to the bottom. (7-8 posts for some of the General Discussion debate threads )

I access this forum from three different machines: a Win 98 PC w/Internet Explorer 5.0 and no Service Packs (home), a Win Me PC w/Internet Explorer 5.5 SP 1 (home), and a Mac OS 8.0 w/Netscape Communicator (work). The same problem shows up on all three.

I guess for now I am going to have to lurk (no choice).

Gam out

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Gamaliel ]

Got problems here as well. For the past couple weeks, it's been happening. It loads around 1/3 or halfway or so, and stops. If I reload, it might load completely, or if the page is really long, it'll just load partway again, but this time a bit more.

At first I thought it was my slow internet connection, getting the better of me.

Oh well..... Wanna start a countdown for a fix?

I've been running into this problem for several weeks (I even sent an email to CAT about one of the threads misbehaving). In Netscape, it would load about 80% of the page and then it would suddenly stop and the "Document: Done" message would appear, but none of the posts appeared. In IE it loads to the same point, then it stops and displays whatever it managed to download. Same for the Macs.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

Greetings,

I noticed that the forum software has been upgraded to version 6.1.0.3 however I am still having the same problems as before (on two different PC's and a Mac).

The only improvement I have noticed is that while refreshing a page seems to be more helpful than before, it is still not 100% effective.

IOW the browser reports a page as being "done" even though it is obviously incomplete and hitting refresh sometimes allows more of the page to be seen and other times not.

Oh well...back to lurking I guess

Gamaliel out.

Yeah, I'm having this problem too with my Home comp. 56k Modem, Refreshing the page SOMETIMES works. I Occasionally have it at work on the T-1. Hitting refresh there usually does the trick though.

Even tried turning off images to see if that would help, No luck.

I also tried downloading the pages to my HDD and reading them from there, same thing, only got a Partial download.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Melcar ]